What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you warm up soon. It is horrible when you feel chilled to the bone.

Thanks @Krystyna23040
I finally warmed up half an hour ago. I was only in that horrid rain from car to shop and back again.
It would really have chilled you dog walking in it. (It was worth it for my stamps and the freebies he gave me! :happy:)

lindisfel

Expert
A busy day for you. I dread the day of my Cataract removal, I know like Mr Gee many have the operation but I'm not the bravest of souls when it comes to anything to do with eyes.

I like you Swans and the one in action. As usual your distant hills are also very good.

Thank you for your comments on my Frost painting.

Cataract removals fine, Muddy.
I had the left done some time ago but need to get my right done because its my telescope eye.
I grew some cells on the window between the vitrous and aqueous humours after a few months so it fogged but lazer surgery to clear an 'aperture' on the 'window' was a doddle.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Krystyna23040
I finally warmed up half an hour ago. I was only in that horrid rain from car to shop and back again.
It would really have chilled you dog walking in it. (It was worth it for my stamps and the freebies he gave me! :happy:)
So pleased you finally warmed up. Am not surprised you got so cold - even though you were not out too long. I don't think I would have warmed up for hours if I had done a dog walk today. When we let the dogs into the garden they only stayed out for a few minutes. It was even too cold for them.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cataract removals fine, Muddy.
I had the left done some time ago but need to get my right done because its my telescope eye.
I grew some cells on the window between the vitrous and aqueous humours after a few months so it fogged but lazer surgery to clear an 'aperture' on the 'window' was a doddle.
D.
Thank you for reassurance I hope it will be a few years before I have it done.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't win em all. My painting started well but the water got muddier and muddier and I don't think I will be able to pull it back. For our family Zoom meal Friday we have been given the subject of dragons to be creative about, I tried making an origami paper one but failed so I might see if I can make this failed painting into dragons....

IMG_4360.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Worrying! A friend 82 Diabetic and pacemaker went for his Covid jab with his wife, obviously by appointment made by NHS. They refused to give him his jab as the computer says he's already had it. Of course he's not but now will need to wait until they sort it out and new appointment made, he's worried he will be forgotten. Gremlins in the system.

lindisfel

Expert
Worrying! A friend 82 Diabetic and pacemaker went for his Covid jab with his wife, obviously by appointment made by NHS. They refused to give him his jab as the computer says he's already had it. Of course he's not but now will need to wait until they sort it out and new appointment made, he's worried he will be forgotten. Gremlins in the system.
That's ineptitude, perhaps their overloaded or will be sending for someone else who has been vaccinated already.
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't win em all. My painting started well but the water got muddier and muddier and I don't think I will be able to pull it back. For our family Zoom meal Friday we have been given the subject of dragons to be creative about, I tried making an origami paper one but failed so I might see if I can make this failed painting into dragons....

View attachment 46880

Dragon's would work here @Muddy Cyclist
You can do good ones!

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.7

I did buy some nice goodies at the Post Office, yesterday, where I spent a lovely time with the Postmaster, who explained new prices abroad, showed me loads of new stamps (and I bought as much as I could!), and he gave me some freebies. and it worked out cheaper than actually ordering them online from Royal Mail!!! He is getting some new stuff in for me next week :)

So me setting off in that rain (in my car obviously), I hadn't realised the bad visibility until I went down the very steep hill. Normally even in bad weather I can see the industrial landscape down below, and it usually takes on magical properties in mists, rain, dawn, and with the twinkling night lights. But yesterday coming to the brow of the steep hill going down, I was faced with total blackness, a void of blackness. Where were the twinkling lights of night? It was scary for a second as I felt I was driving off a cliff into the bottomless abyss.

When I got back home, I tried to digitally create in Procreate that, and the feeling. I failed miserably.This is what I ended up creating...

73F37103-C494-4AD2-AED8-7DEE74BF3C89.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.
FBG 7.2 mmo/lt at 0630 hrs.
Mother getting her jab today, South Wales. Neighbour 83, Sussex, got hers two days ago. Things are beginning to roll. Good.
Walking this p.m. with a friend to the dinghy sailing school. I used to know the manager and get a free cup of tea. Not today.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

A foggy day here so no Muddy Cycle ride planned. Family Zoom meal this evening which will be enjoyable. We have weekly challenges tonight is Dragons so I have to prepare, poem and painting me thinks.

Keep safe and as positive as you are able.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 8.7

I did buy some nice goodies at the Post Office, yesterday, where I spent a lovely time with the Postmaster, who explained new prices abroad, showed me loads of new stamps (and I bought as much as I could!), and he gave me some freebies. and it worked out cheaper than actually ordering them online from Royal Mail!!! He is getting some new stuff in for me next week :)

So me setting off in that rain (in my car obviously), I hadn't realised the bad visibility until I went down the very steep hill. Normally even in bad weather I can see the industrial landscape down below, and it usually takes on magical properties in mists, rain, dawn, and with the twinkling night lights. But yesterday coming to the brow of the steep hill going down, I was faced with total blackness, a void of blackness. Where were the twinkling lights of night? It was scary for a second as I felt I was driving off a cliff into the bottomless abyss.

When I got back home, I tried to digitally create in Procreate that, and the feeling. I failed miserably.This is what I ended up creating...

View attachment 46882
Some things are not meant to be captured. However the mood and scariness can be felt in this digital art.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day of uncertain promise here in the dark and dangerous north. -15, what! Not on our street - we unsubstribed to that ages ago.
The wonder wheel of home made chicken and veg burgers came in at 5.5 this am - let’s never have those again.

Replacement boots now ready by boot makers Altberg - should arrive after the weekend - I now need an isolated hill within a 5 minute walk from the house - ideas on a postcard. Dutches of Cornwall has a reading room - get your book published sharpish.

@Muddy Cyclist - I think you could get a couple of good dragons in that picture - chameleon dragons or silhouettes. Sad gremlins and hope your friend gets sorted quickly. Probably needs chasing so it does not disappear down a hole. @gennepher - mesmerising, you may have found the light at the end of the tunnel that Boris is looking for. @lindisfel - these so called glitches are always worrying. Someone may have said “Oops!” - worrying lack of backup/recovery systems.

Art today - a pair of trees in the park mysteriously transported to China - Capability Brown still fiddling with the landscape rich folk. A4 yellow rice paper. Hope you all have a decent Friday - I am going to tuck it onto the weekend, pont Monday and imagine that we are riding on the Shimla railway - choo choo! Time for koffy.
upload_2021-1-15_8-47-27.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day of uncertain promise here in the dark and dangerous north. -15, what! Not on our street - we unsubstribed to that ages ago.
The wonder wheel of home made chicken and veg burgers came in at 5.5 this am - let’s never have those again.

Replacement boots now ready by boot makers Altberg - should arrive after the weekend - I now need an isolated hill within a 5 minute walk from the house - ideas on a postcard. Dutches of Cornwall has a reading room - get your book published sharpish.

@Muddy Cyclist - I think you could get a couple of good dragons in that picture - chameleon dragons or silhouettes. Sad gremlins and hope your friend gets sorted quickly. Probably needs chasing so it does not disappear down a hole. @gennepher - mesmerising, you may have found the light at the end of the tunnel that Boris is looking for. @lindisfel - these so called glitches are always worrying. Someone may have said “Oops!” - worrying lack of backup/recovery systems.

Art today - a pair of trees in the park mysteriously transported to China - Capability Brown still fiddling with the landscape rich folk. A4 yellow rice paper. Hope you all have a decent Friday - I am going to tuck it onto the weekend, pont Monday and imagine that we are riding on the Shimla railway - choo choo! Time for koffy.
View attachment 46887
Thanks for ideas on adding Dragons.

Another great landscape Capability Brown comes nowhere near your design talents, another good wash also.

As for tucking the weekend onto Friday, when I was working I used to put the weekends into the middle of the week, that way I only had to work a few days before getting two days off.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for ideas on adding Dragons.

Another great landscape Capability Brown comes nowhere near your design talents, another good wash also.

As for tucking the weekend onto Friday, when I was working I used to put the weekends into the middle of the week, that way I only had to work a few days before getting two days off.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist - weekends in the middle of the week - always a good idea, outings are less crowded and you get more bangs for your bucks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings all. Swipey still on the subs bench and Stabbo a tad brutal for a delicate bloom like me atm:angelic: Salmon and avocado day here - you guys probably hold to the old ways and call it Friday. Last of the moveable feast bin days here - for now. Enjoy your new boots @dunelm (maybe don't go full Ian Drury), likewise (enjoy) the family zoom event @Muddy Cyclist and the walk @True Blue . Great meme @karen8967. Tea and cricket for me now.