What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and and all who admit lockdown is beginning to pall.

A 7.2 this morning and not ashamed, but that meter is...

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers did you know that bringing a smile to somebody's face costs you nothing and it might brighten their whole day. Try it some time.

Well this morning I am unsupervised, but the task list is written and will be lost as soon as Mrs J leaves via the front door. That little action will make my morning making me and me's smile.

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was up early, finished my digital painting.
Then I wrote out 16 postcards, messages on them, and licked and stuck my brand new fancy stamps from yesterday. A lot of licking, and they are bigger stamps than normal. My lick is not very good and they stuck to my tongue...
Went to catch the 9am post. Tried to get out of the house at 7:30 am..l tried and tried.
The bungalow door wouldn't open.
It had frozen.
WD40, still frozen...
Tried and tried. Finally opened.
Then the gate wouldn't open. The catch had frozen solid. WD40 but the catch refused to unfreeze. A plumbers hammer by now. Still refused to open. Finally pulled both sides of gate open together. Catch is still frozen.
Car. Frozen solid. Doors frozen.
I am watching the guy over the road with a kettle of boiling water, and he is pouring it on the windscreen, locks...and the wing mirrors?!?!?!?
I decided to try the de-icer on the locks and doors...
Guy over the road gets more boiling water...
Finally the de-icer works on my car.
Turn on engine, and watch car from kitchen window.
Guy over the road comes out with a third kettle of boiling water....
I lock up, and get in my car and drive to postbox. I got there for 9:15. No way of telling if post collection has taken place...but I doubt it.
Come back. Guy with kettle of water is finally getting in his car...

I try again with the iron gate, but neither WD40 nor de-icer works. Plumbers hammer again. I give up. Go in kitchen. Make a cuppa. Get in bed with cat. Cat moves away from me, leaving me to de-thaw by myself...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Then I wrote out 16 postcards, messages on them, and licked and stuck my brand new fancy stamps from yesterday. A lot of licking, and they are bigger stamps than normal. My lick is not very good and they stuck to my tongue...
Went to catch the 9am post. Tried to get out of the house at 7:30 am..l tried and tried.
It had frozen.
WD40, still frozen...
Then the gate wouldn't open. The catch had frozen solid. WD40 but the catch refused to unfreeze. A plumbers hammer by now. Still refused to open. Finally pulled both sides of gate open together. Catch is still frozen.
I am watching the guy over the road with a kettle of boiling water, and he is pouring it on the windscreen, locks...and the wing mirrors?!?!?!?
Decided to try the de-icer on the locks and doors...
I lock up, and get in my car and drive to postbox. I got there for 9:15. No way of telling if post collection has taken place...but I doubt it.

I try again with the iron gate, but neither WD40 nor de-icer works. Plumbers hammer again. I give up. Go in kitchen. Make a cuppa. Get in bed with cat. Cat moves away from me, leaving me to de-thaw by myself...
Kettle of boiling water - something will crack and he will have made a puddle of ice on the road. Once you get your gate catch sorted, rub a bit of vaseline on it and perhaps round your door frame. Hand sanitiser has a low freezing point - don’t go firing up that blow torch just yet.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a day of uncertain promise here in the dark and dangerous north. -15, what! Not on our street - we unsubstribed to that ages ago.
The wonder wheel of home made chicken and veg burgers came in at 5.5 this am - let’s never have those again.

Replacement boots now ready by boot makers Altberg - should arrive after the weekend - I now need an isolated hill within a 5 minute walk from the house - ideas on a postcard. Dutches of Cornwall has a reading room - get your book published sharpish.

@Muddy Cyclist - I think you could get a couple of good dragons in that picture - chameleon dragons or silhouettes. Sad gremlins and hope your friend gets sorted quickly. Probably needs chasing so it does not disappear down a hole. @gennepher - mesmerising, you may have found the light at the end of the tunnel that Boris is looking for. @lindisfel - these so called glitches are always worrying. Someone may have said “Oops!” - worrying lack of backup/recovery systems.

Art today - a pair of trees in the park mysteriously transported to China - Capability Brown still fiddling with the landscape rich folk. A4 yellow rice paper. Hope you all have a decent Friday - I am going to tuck it onto the weekend, pont Monday and imagine that we are riding on the Shimla railway - choo choo! Time for koffy.
View attachment 46887

I hope Boris can find the light...

Great painting of different elements of location and time @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Kettle of boiling water - something will crack and he will have made a puddle of ice on the road. Once you get your gate catch sorted, rub a bit of vaseline on it and perhaps round your door frame. Hand sanitiser has a low freezing point - don’t go firing up that blow torch just yet.

I don't understand the mentality of the kettle of boiling water brigade @dunelm

Thanks for the Vaseline tip. I will put some on later.

Believe it or not, I have a blow torch, but some instruments are not safe in my hands these days...

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning one and all. fbs of 9.3 and pulse of 115 this morning.:arghh: I have a 20 minute"window" visit arranged to see mum this afternoon. Window has to be kept closed so we won't be able to talk to each other. I aim to take a pad with written phrases on to hold up to the window for her to read. Not ideal and not sure how mum will react but at least we will be able to see each other. I will have to wear thermals as it is below freezing here and very foggy.:D Stay warm and safe everyone and do your best to enjoy the weekend.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
As I care for you all and as @alf_Josiah says these lockdowns are losing their novelty - operation blame the public is now full on- and Marcus Rashford being wheeled out again. This - and the link to the source data - may fill a few minutes or hours. Of course, you may need to unfreeze gates or dig your own natural water lake for swimming in your extensive back garden to keep up with The Beckhams. Nuff from me.
An interesting article@ianpspurs -So if there is any truth that immersing oneself in cold water may prevent dementia and improve immunity the nearest I'll get is turning my shower setting to cold.:D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
An interesting article@ianpspurs -So if there is any truth that immersing oneself in cold water may prevent dementia and improve immunity the nearest I'll get is turning my shower setting to cold.:D
Indeed @dogslife. Digital shower after exercise - hottest to coldest - is the closest for me also. Best wishes for visit to mum and wrap up warm we need to keep hearing from you.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Indeed @dogslife. Digital shower after exercise - hottest to coldest - is the closest for me also. Best wishes for visit to mum and wrap up warm we need to keep hearing from you.
Thank you@ianpspurs:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It had frozen.
WD40, still frozen...
I decided to try the de-icer on the locks and doors...

Whoa....

Can see the screenplay for that now.

Angelina Jolee, deep sleeper, under cover, foreign powers.

discovers secret plan for world domination, has to get word out hidden behind stamps

Water / food has been drugged by foreign nations baddies.
Through groggy vision, she escaped unnoticed, despite many locks n hurdles.

Outside she quickly loses her tail, using superior deduction powers.

Mission Complete, she slips back into character, watchers unaware.

Lays down gun, slips into chair, sips wine, sidekick cat sidles into lap for strokes. ...
Movie fades out, cast list roles..

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Believe it or not, I have a blow torch, but some instruments are not safe in my hands these days...

Of course you do, Genn.
Why am I not surprised.

It's in the TARDIS, beside the Glock, radio activity monitor disguised as watch, just on top of the projectile firing umbrella.

Starting to think your no 7..now no 6 is no more..mmhh

:D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning one and all. fbs of 9.3 and pulse of 115 this morning.:arghh: I have a 20 minute"window" visit arranged to see mum this afternoon. Window has to be kept closed so we won't be able to talk to each other. I aim to take a pad with written phrases on to hold up to the window for her to read. Not ideal and not sure how mum will react but at least we will be able to see each other. I will have to wear thermals as it is below freezing here and very foggy.:D Stay warm and safe everyone and do your best to enjoy the weekend.:)

Best wishes for visit ..not ideal, but we take what we can in these difficult days.

Hugs for you & mum.x

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Our lovely 14 year old Chocolate Labrador Archie had a stroke this morning. He is back home from the vet with medication. He is a little stronger but can't stand up unaided. We won't know until next week if he will recover - although our Vet said that dogs make much better recoveries than humans.

I did manage to do a blood test - 5.1.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so sorry @Krystyna23040 , it's horrible when our furry friends are not well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good recovery and some more good times to be had between Archie and you!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoa....

Can see the screenplay for that now.

Angelina Jolee, deep sleeper, under cover, foreign powers.

discovers secret plan for world domination, has to get word out hidden behind stamps

Water / food has been drugged by foreign nations baddies.
Through groggy vision, she escaped unnoticed, despite many locks n hurdles.

Outside she quickly loses her tail, using superior deduction powers.

Mission Complete, she slips back into character, watchers unaware.

Lays down gun, slips into chair, sips wine, sidekick cat sidles into lap for strokes. ...
Movie fades out, cast list roles..
upload_2021-1-15_13-58-24.gif

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our lovely 14 year old Chocolate Labrador Archie had a stroke this morning. He is back home from the vet with medication. He is a little stronger but can't stand up unaided. We won't know until next week if he will recover - although our Vet said that dogs make much better recoveries than humans.

I did manage to do a blood test - 5.1.
Oh dear poor Archie, dogs can be amazing in their ability to overcome illness, I truly hope Archie bounces back from this.