What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Gosh, that is a lot of carbs. Are you struggling after Xmas getting back on the low carb track? Lots of people do. But don';t worry, people here on this low carb thread can give you lots of encouragement and moral support to help you reduce the carbs.
Unfortunately yes! it's a combination of Christmas, summer fruits ^bread^ and other triggers. Its so easy to fall into those habits just wish it was easier to get back into LC routine again.

Reactions: DJC3

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Evening all.

TMAD again today, with some added (birthday) cakes. Fearing a long, stressful meeting this morning I ate breakfast to reduce the possibility of biting someone’s head off. Mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.

Dinner was a ‘starter’ of a keto lemon cake, with some extra thick double cream, followed by a poussin rubbed with some rosemary and garlic salt, which turned out to be delicious. Will be buying more of that. Dessert was a keto chocolate cupcake with extra thick double cream. In a first, I couldn’t finish the cake (very rich), so most of the frosting, a piece of the base and some of the cream is back in the fridge.
Happy birthday to you

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
9:00 ff greek with seeds, 6 blueberries, 2 pecans and 1 sq of 100% preparing for an intense exercise class, that was then cancelled!
Spent some time on the the exercise bike listening to talks from the Quit Sugar summit
1pm 2 chicken drumsticks, 1 tomato
Hungry most of the afternoon so kept going to the freezer for lc ginger cookies (3 at least) finally had another drumstick which killed hunger finally.
7pm h/m meatballs in tomato sauce made by hubby following a cook a long. Very tasty (even the burnt bits!)
I glass red while doing book club on line.
I bag pork crunchies. Can't usually manage a whole bag but did this time, with the help of the cat who loves them.
Wish this hunger would stop.
MrsA2, I seem to be able to demolish bags of pork scratchings without thinking about it (even scooping out the salty dust at the bottom of the bag).

I had far too many salted peanuts last night to accompany a cup of Rooibos tea (strange times = strange behaviour).

B: 7 rashers of streaky bacon, 2 fried eggs and breakfast patty.
L:avocado with tabasco
D: stirred fried vegetables with thinly sliced bavette steak.
Snacks:salted peanuts, 2 squares of m&s 85%.

Breakfast was a reaction to a hangover. My extended family finally had confirmation that they'll be moving into their new home next week. They've been with us for 8 months. We'll all be happy to have our own space again.

I drank a glass and a half of bubbly and a rum and coke zero. This was too much for me, I can't handle it these days and fortunately mostly do not feel like drinking.

Have a good day all.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual black coffee until around 2pm.
Tuna, h/m mayo, h/b egg, 2 cherry toms and a spiralised courgette. Followed by DGF choc brownie and cream.
Dinner was h/m burger with a Babybell cheese hidden in the middle! This is such a great idea - it went all melty and oozy. I would have taken a photo but my plate looked a mess by then. Salad with it drizzled with truffle oil ( I bought this to give as a Christmas present, but didn’t want to give it away in the end)
@annabell1 hugs for the struggle to get back in the lc zone. You’ve done it before so I’m positive you’ll do it again.
@Bex72 hurrah for your own space again and some peace and quiet, but hugs for the hangover.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bex72 great news about getting your space back well worth a celebration.
Paid work today and, as it often is, also a hungry day - I find sitting at my PC all day dosent suit me but needs must and only do about a week per month so know I’m lucky. Wouldn’t like to try doing any more paid work combined with my caring stuff. I’ve been offered another big project and have been thinking the offer through (as cash is tempting) but caring is getting harder and more complex so think the answer I’ll be giving at my virtual work meeting tomorrow will be thank you but not the right time for me!
Breakfast scrambled eggs on slice hm lc toast
Lunch half slice of lc toast with Stilton cheese followed by coffee with two montezumas peanut butter eggs - had meant to have one .....
Mid afternoon work stress resulted in an Aldi nut bar with my black tea
Dinner pheasant breast wrapped in bacon,oven roasted med veg and mushrooms followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake with cream.
Another day at PC tomorrow so need to try and avoid the snacking!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding (I need more roughage, at the same time as trying to lose some Xmas spread!)
Dinner: cheese and tomato omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, yesterday was a day full of eating and snacking, yet today I woke to the lowest fbg since before Christmas, and weighed at my lowest too!

12:00 2 chicken drumsticks with salad and a little non lc dressing. Small ff greek and seeds and blueberries.
Survived a trip to supermarket to get items Asda say they can't deliver tomorrow... including milk!! Got a bargain on 2 sides of salmon at £5 each. Got 15 good portions frozen now. Pork skin for crackling which I then use for coating instead of breadcrumbs and swedes reduced to 6p each. Result!

4pm a nut bar, meant to only eat half but somehow it all disappeared while unpacking the food

6:00 cod with cauliflower and courgettes. Bit of cheese and cream melted to be sauce. 1 glass red, may make it 2 yet.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - salmon fillet with a large side salad. 2 teaspoons of peanut butter with double cream. 2 squares of lindtt 90% and a mug of earl grey tea
Ahhh, nursery food! You keep reminding me to make the time to boil and mash eggs with butter but SLC is so much quicker.
Talking of SLC , I put in an order today and 3 hours later it was on its way!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahhh, nursery food! You keep reminding me to make the time to boil and mash eggs with butter but SLC is so much quicker.
Talking of SLC , I put in an order today and 3 hours later it was on its way!
I ordered more SLC on Tuesday night and it was delivered today - I had decided to pay the extra £2.50 and go with DPD, and next day delivery - what a difference - imo so worth it as no stress of it sitting in Peterborough going mouldy for a week with Royal Mail! and sooo fresh - dates are use by 24/1 - so should keep in the fridge until then - well that's if I still have any left - probably not! Also, bought a bag of the bread mix to make myself - I don't even have a bread tin or bread cutter yet but I will probably try this out in the next couple of weeks. I decided to try it with the Peterborough and mouldygate carry on and then I could have my own fresh bread warm straight from the oven. Anyone used this before - suggestions/tips welcome?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - Boiled egg & tomato on 2 slices slc bread toasted and buttered. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - breast of chicken with a pepper sauce. Broccoli, brussel sprouts & a little carrot. lc chocolate mousse (made with 100% montezuma chocolate buttons and double cream).

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Breakfast

Toast with labneah and olives black coffee

Planned for dinner lamb cutlets but did a bit of running around at the shops and other things and next it was 7.30pm at the shops and way too exhausted to cook so brought a frozen pizza yes I know very very high carbs and feelings extremely bloated after.

Find this article which thought was interesting regarding long term covid symptoms and how helping improving gut health may help interesting read.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-science-idUSKBN29I2Y9

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
@annabell1 hugs for the struggle to get back in the lc zone. You’ve done it before so I’m positive you’ll do it again.
@Bex72 hurrah for your own space again and some peace and quiet, but hugs for the hangover.[/QUOTE]

Thanks @DJC3 thats my plan and I'm planing to get back to it starting back on Monday!

Reactions: Mrs T 123 and DJC3

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Usual black coffee until around 2pm.
Tuna, h/m mayo, h/b egg, 2 cherry toms and a spiralised courgette. Followed by DGF choc brownie and cream.
Dinner was h/m burger with a Babybell cheese hidden in the middle! This is such a great idea - it went all melty and oozy. I would have taken a photo but my plate looked a mess by then. Salad with it drizzled with truffle oil ( I bought this to give as a Christmas present, but didn’t want to give it away in the end)
@Bex72 hurrah for your own space again and some peace and quiet, but hugs for the hangover.
Hi DJ3C, I like the idea of the hidden babybell. You have put a smile on my face. I might try this with meat in a pepper. Thanks for your message too, my husband deserves a medal and I am counting down the hours.

Reactions: DJC3

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Thanks @DJC3 thats my plan and I'm planing to get back to it starting back on Monday![/QUOTE]
Thanks annabell1, it will be great to be a family of 4 again. I rarely feel like drinking any alcohol and clearly no longer have much capacity for it.

Reactions: Mrs T 123 and DJC3

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yesterday's culinary delights included:
B: Greek yoghurt with berries and toasted seeds
L: avocado, leftover salad and hm veg and bean soup which had been defrosted the day before and forgotten about (so forced myself to eat it rather than throw it away)
D: fillet* steak with green vegetables and mushrooms. It was delicious and everybody enjoyed it. **
Snacks: handful of salted pistachios. Cherry in brandy plus 2 squares of dark chocolate.

* a massive package of fillet of steak had been bought by my father in September and frozen. He bought with the intention of doing a celebration meal for a large family gathering. As this hasn't and won't happen any time soon he gave to us (as we have between 6 and 8 here whilst extended family staying plus kids). There was so much that I took portions to my parents and brother.

** ouch, I burnt my hand. After frying the steaks in a hot pan we put in the oven for 5 minutes as they were very thick. I absent mindedly picked up the metal handled frying pan after it had been in the oven. It hurt a lot but isn't serious, thankfully.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi DJ3C, I like the idea of the hidden babybell. You have put a smile on my face. I might try this with meat in a pepper. Thanks for your message too, my husband deserves a medal and I am counting down the hours.

It works really well as it melts nicely when it gets hot. I’ve used Babybell as a sort of fondue as well - bung in the microwave and dip celery sticks into it.

Sugarlisa

We normally put leftovers chilli or Bologna in the peppers and but cheese on top

Reactions: Bex72 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ordered more SLC on Tuesday night and it was delivered today - I had decided to pay the extra £2.50 and go with DPD, and next day delivery - what a difference - imo so worth it as no stress of it sitting in Peterborough going mouldy for a week with Royal Mail! and sooo fresh - dates are use by 24/1 - so should keep in the fridge until then - well that's if I still have any left - probably not! Also, bought a bag of the bread mix to make myself - I don't even have a bread tin or bread cutter yet but I will probably try this out in the next couple of weeks. I decided to try it with the Peterborough and mouldygate carry on and then I could have my own fresh bread warm straight from the oven. Anyone used this before - suggestions/tips welcome?
I've got a bag of the mix but I haven't used it yet (as you know I've got rather a lot going on in my life at the moment). My order though.....I ordered it yesterday morning, got an email yesterday afternoon to say it was dispatched AND it arrived this morning! No hanging about in Peterborough. I still don't get it though how (when we are just opposite sides of the Lothians) your order doesn't arrive as quickly as mine? It's DGF that's a nightmare for me.
P.S. I was down to my last 2 slices so it was a welcome delivery. The rolls in the delivery were for son's household - they looked more brown this time. Wonder if they've made a recipe change?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got a bag of the mix but I haven't used it yet (as you know I've got rather a lot going on in my life at the moment). My order though.....I ordered it yesterday morning, got an email yesterday afternoon to say it was dispatched AND it arrived this morning! No hanging about in Peterborough. I still don't get it though how (when we are just opposite sides of the Lothians) your order doesn't arrive as quickly as mine? It's DGF that's a nightmare for me.
P.S. I was down to my last 2 slices so it was a welcome delivery. The rolls in the delivery were for son's household - they looked more brown this time. Wonder if they've made a recipe change?
Mine was welcomed as well as I was down to 2 slices also. I think they have a variation in the baking /tin size of the food as sometimes I get a more rectangular loaf (which I prefer) and then sometimes it is more square and sometimes the rolls have more/less/none crumbs on top than others - I haven't notice a change in colour though. So, your speedy delivery was that just normal delivery with Royal Mail?

Reactions: maglil55