What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of course you do, Genn.
Why am I not surprised.

It's in the TARDIS, beside the Glock, radio activity monitor disguised as watch, just on top of the projectile firing umbrella.

Starting to think your no 7..now no 6 is no more..mmhh

:D
upload_2021-1-15_14-10-49.gif

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm so sorry @Krystyna23040 , it's horrible when our furry friends are not well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good recovery and some more good times to be had between Archie and you!
Thank you @Antje77. This morning we said our goodbyes to him but this afternoon he has improved and is now snoozing in the conservatory.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our lovely 14 year old Chocolate Labrador Archie had a stroke this morning. He is back home from the vet with medication. He is a little stronger but can't stand up unaided. We won't know until next week if he will recover - although our Vet said that dogs make much better recoveries than humans.

I did manage to do a blood test - 5.1.

Sorry to hear this @Krystyna23040

My first Hearing Dog for the Deaf had a stroke when she was about 13 years old. I thought that was it, no one explained anything. But she regained her sense of balance after a few weeks, and was able to come on walks. And did more or less all she did before, albeit a little slower.

Hopefully with a bit of time Archie will improve. Hugs for Archie x

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @Antje77. This morning we said our goodbyes to him but this afternoon he has improved and is now snoozing in the conservatory.
That's wonderful to hear!
I've lost my dog (14 years old) last year, and in the year before I've had a few of those 'practice' goodbyes. I think it helped me when it was finally time, giving the process of grief somewhat of a 'headstart'.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Our lovely 14 year old Chocolate Labrador Archie had a stroke this morning. He is back home from the vet with medication. He is a little stronger but can't stand up unaided. We won't know until next week if he will recover - although our Vet said that dogs make much better recoveries than humans.

I did manage to do a blood test - 5.1.
All the best for Archie - lots of pampering required.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Best wishes for visit ..not ideal, but we take what we can in these difficult days.

Hugs for you & mum.x
Thanks@jjraak. The visit went as well as could be expected. I don't think mum knew who I was but she read my messages, smiled a lot and said I was nice and had a lovely face! She looked well considering she has just had Covid and is 91. The window was slightly ajar so that the carer could hear me and pass spoken words between us which helped as I had to wear a visor and mum wasn't wearing her hearing aids. A short visit and very cold but as you say we appreciate what we can have these days.:)

Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
Beautiful sunny day in North Cumbria with thick snow on the high fells, snow starting c.1000 feet and lower hills above Fellside like High Pike well covered.
I just went up our lane for a walk and met former local Vet and his wife and had good, distanced, chat.
I had to remember how many grandchildren his wife's daughters expecting/had to pass on to Marjorie, who knows her from volunteering for 20 years at the day hospital where the vets wife was in charge.

Ask me to remember what birds I have seen and I can remember everything in detail but not sexes of babies.

I did remember anyway but will be called to account in the fullness of time if I got it wrong.:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Zoom meal with family at 6 so popping in to post today's second painting. First was changing yesterday's into a Dragon Scene for tonight's family challenge.

This is another attempt at yesterday's effort without the muddy water. A4 watercolour will finish on Saturday.

IMG_4363.JPG

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.9 today

It's been a much better day here today than it was yesterday so we did get out for a walk :joyful:

Anybody else struggle a bit at the moment on those dark cold wet days? I used to go out for a walk regardless of weather but this winter I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself on days like that, by extension if I don't get going for some exercise I don't get other things done :( (sometimes I don't post here either :sorry: ).

Maybe it's because we're not getting to do the regular little trips we used to do for shopping, including coffee, or a stroll somewhere different :bigtears: I'm so lucky to live here where I can at least walk the village and we can still take care of Mum but I admit I still miss the other little freedoms. Sorry for the whinge :sorry:

@gennepher - you are so intrepid, I'm glad you got to your friendly post office and back safely. I like both your pictures, the moonscape has a lovely glinting light in the mid ground. Your dark, light pierced picture is good and gives a good sense of the duality of the beauty with the edge of fear. So glad you got back safely :)
Thawing cars and stuff out can be a real job sometimes, I remember having to crawl across the drivers' seat because the car doors furthest from the house were just solid :sorry:

@dunelm - two fine pictures the last couple of days. The first is an impressive sketch through the trees and the second landscape works well, I especially like the central tree, fine foliage and bark rendering. :)

@dogslife - glad your visit went as well as it did :)

@Krystyna23040 - hugs, I'm glad it seems to be going well for Archie now, our furry companions mean such a lot to us.

@Muddy Cyclist - I hope it will be a while until you need to have your cataracts done too :)
Your first shot at the painting has deep and mysterious water, I like it, it's so colourful and a far cry from the tepid 'mud' trouble I manage to paint myself into :hilarious: Interested to know how you will fare with the 'here be dragons!' ;)
The second version is a great new start though, very lively :) I look forward to the finished painting.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

art bit -

this is my shot at a waterfall somewhere in Yosemite I saw a photo of on the net.

upload_2021-1-15_18-9-3.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

It's been a much better day here today than it was yesterday so we did get out for a walk :joyful:

Anybody else struggle a bit at the moment on those dark cold wet days? I used to go out for a walk regardless of weather but this winter I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself on days like that, by extension if I don't get going for some exercise I don't get other things done :( (sometimes I don't post here either :sorry: ).

Maybe it's because we're not getting to do the regular little trips we used to do for shopping, including coffee, or a stroll somewhere different :bigtears: I'm so lucky to live here where I can at least walk the village and we can still take care of Mum but I admit I still miss the other little freedoms. Sorry for the whinge :sorry:

@gennepher - you are so intrepid, I'm glad you got to your friendly post office and back safely. I like both your pictures, the moonscape has a lovely glinting light in the mid ground. Your dark, light pierced picture is good and gives a good sense of the duality of the beauty with the edge of fear. So glad you got back safely :)
Thawing cars and stuff out can be a real job sometimes, I remember having to crawl across the drivers' seat because the car doors furthest from the house were just solid :sorry:

@dunelm - two fine pictures the last couple of days. The first is an impressive sketch through the trees and the second landscape works well, I especially like the central tree, fine foliage and bark rendering. :)

@Krystyna23040 - hugs, I'm glad it seems to be going well for Archie now, our furry companions mean such a lot to us.

@Muddy Cyclist - I hope it will be a while until you need to have your cataracts done too :)
Your first shot at the painting has deep and mysterious water, I like it, it's so colourful and a far cry from the tepid 'mud' trouble I manage to paint myself into :hilarious: Interested to know how you will fare with the 'here be dragons!' ;)
The second version is a great new start though, very lively :) I look forward to the finished painting.

art bit -

this is my shot at a waterfall somewhere in Yosemite I saw a photo of on the net.

View attachment 46896
Thank you for your feedback @geefull and sorry to read that you are a bit down, you are not alone.Not going out very much is a real hassle. I am thankful for our park, beach and being able to have facetime chats with children, grandchildren and parents.
Smashing waterfall in Yosemite - one of the things I am always trying to achieve is not to paint the water, rather what surrounds it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

art bit -

View attachment 46896
Thank for your comments re my two watercolours, Dragons worked OK, camouflaged and a poem about their ability to hide and possibly eat you. Went down OK at family Zoom.

I think a lot of us are feeling the side effects of the necessary restrictions, my real fear is that the future is going to be much the same even when all vaccinated, less chance of being really ill but are we willing to take the chance, hard times. Yes I and Kath feel like you, thank goodness for Cannock Chase on our doorstep.

Like your waterfall, those are such well painted cliffs around the water and the trees giving it perspective. Great thatyou were not tempted to add too much paint to the water.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's wonderful to hear!
I've lost my dog (14 years old) last year, and in the year before I've had a few of those 'practice' goodbyes. I think it helped me when it was finally time, giving the process of grief somewhat of a 'headstart'.
So sorry that you lost your dog last year. You are right that the 'practice goodbye ' will help prepare us for the final goodbye.

lindisfel

Expert

art bit -

View attachment 46896
There is one on the south side of the valley called the Bridal Veil, when I went in June that year it was full of water from the snow melt and looking like a veil, in the same year in October there was not much water in it. I recall it being the opposite side of the valley to El Capitan.
D.

Reactions: True Blue

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear this @Krystyna23040

My first Hearing Dog for the Deaf had a stroke when she was about 13 years old. I thought that was it, no one explained anything. But she regained her sense of balance after a few weeks, and was able to come on walks. And did more or less all she did before, albeit a little slower.

Hopefully with a bit of time Archie will improve. Hugs for Archie x
Thank you @gennepher - hopefully Archie will do as well. Your post cheered me up this evening.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best for Archie - lots of pampering required.
definitely lots of pampering. Mr K has said that he will sleep on the reclining chair downstairs so that Archie won't be worried sleeping downstairs on his own.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

art bit -

View attachment 46896

Yep, we all been there I think.

Hugs from the "not alone crew"..:bag: