What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
:)
good evening all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.9 today

It's been a much better day here today than it was yesterday so we did get out for a walk :joyful:

Anybody else struggle a bit at the moment on those dark cold wet days? I used to go out for a walk regardless of weather but this winter I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself on days like that, by extension if I don't get going for some exercise I don't get other things done :( (sometimes I don't post here either :sorry: ).

Maybe it's because we're not getting to do the regular little trips we used to do for shopping, including coffee, or a stroll somewhere different :bigtears: I'm so lucky to live here where I can at least walk the village and we can still take care of Mum but I admit I still miss the other little freedoms. Sorry for the whinge :sorry:

@gennepher - you are so intrepid, I'm glad you got to your friendly post office and back safely. I like both your pictures, the moonscape has a lovely glinting light in the mid ground. Your dark, light pierced picture is good and gives a good sense of the duality of the beauty with the edge of fear. So glad you got back safely :)
Thawing cars and stuff out can be a real job sometimes, I remember having to crawl across the drivers' seat because the car doors furthest from the house were just solid :sorry:

@dunelm - two fine pictures the last couple of days. The first is an impressive sketch through the trees and the second landscape works well, I especially like the central tree, fine foliage and bark rendering. :)

@dogslife - glad your visit went as well as it did :)

@Krystyna23040 - hugs, I'm glad it seems to be going well for Archie now, our furry companions mean such a lot to us.

@Muddy Cyclist - I hope it will be a while until you need to have your cataracts done too :)
Your first shot at the painting has deep and mysterious water, I like it, it's so colourful and a far cry from the tepid 'mud' trouble I manage to paint myself into :hilarious: Interested to know how you will fare with the 'here be dragons!' ;)
The second version is a great new start though, very lively :) I look forward to the finished painting.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

art bit -

this is my shot at a waterfall somewhere in Yosemite I saw a photo of on the net.

View attachment 46896
Whinge away@geefull. This forum is full of supportive people- -many of who probably feel the same. Sorry you are feeling the effects of this miserable weather in combination with the restrictions. Hang in there. It will get better. Your fbs are so good. Mine have been constantly high for some time no matter what I do and this affects the way I feel sometimes. I miss my walks in the countryside and my contacts with other people but am blessed with a good husband, healthy food, a warm, dry house and still have my mum, even though I've not been able to see her properly since last March, so I am thankful for those things. Thank you for your kind words about my visit. I hope you feel more positive soon. Best wishes.:)

Reactions: mojo37

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.
FBG 7.1 mmo/lt at 0645 hrs.
Another two weeks to go before the champagne is uncorked. Lots of military now at the Capitol, so presume that the Orange Oaf will go quietly. Some uncertainty in this.
Possible snow this afternoon. The neighbors' little ones love that.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quite noisy, rain drumming, wind blowing morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of almost a full English but let’s not push it came in at 4.8 this am

What a fabulous day it was yesterday - bright, sunny, clear sky, quite cold, wrap up warm, not too many people, 5 miles. Turmeric tea making also yesterday - a batch lasts about a week in the fridge. Bread making - I must make some bread today - I have begun to use a pyrex dish lined with silicone paper for the dough to rise and then put the whole thing in the oven - cut into slices and into freezer bags it lasts 10 to 12 days so tea making and bread making are always out of synch. Very planetary.
Talking to son last night and overheard one of the grandchildren; “sorry darling, I can’t hear you over the sound of the vacuum cleaner, legs up darling so I can get underneath, thank you darling”. - What’s that all about? “They are playing at being Grandmother”. Crazy kids.

Sanity exercise - we are planning a holiday, using the world map that covers a whole wall in our dining room for ideas - it will be very expensive - so many places on the itinerary - Mrs Miggins will need a whole new ensemble (can’t be bought in Primark - the don’t do ensembles, just lift music). Where to begin - as the Irish would say, “I wouldn’t start from here”.
Picture today on a small sample (3 x 7 inches) of quite nice rice paper - lets go back to the mountains. Hope that everyone is as well as they can be. Must be time for koffy somewhere on the planet.

upload_2021-1-16_7-25-28.jpeg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been getting all caught up with stuff so that I can dedicate the next two weeks to nailing my journalism portfolio so been MIA for a couple of days.
I am all caught up with personal finances and company admin including the onerous bank reconciliation!

Been approached by a former work colleague to help her ghostwrite about her experiences of getting out of a coercive controlling relationship and how she has had to rebuild. The coercer in question was my professional mentor in a previous working life.. and listening to her story has been a sobering experience.

Debating whether to go full on Aussie hours from 31 January for three weeks solid... or maybe start from the quarter-finals of the warm up events and start getting into the Aussie swing of hours for 2 weeks of the Slam.

Last couple of days of Swipey which came in at 4.9 ➡️
Right knee still quite painful which is intensely annoying and is really limiting how many workouts I can manage in a week, which in turn is not exactly helping me towards finally getting under 10st for the first time in well over a decade, so much grumbling and tugging on of soft knee supports to hold the darned thing together.

Listening to the torrential rain outside - I am guessing this is another day where my golf mat and practice net will remain firmly in their packaging, yet to see the dim light of day.

lindisfel

Expert
A strong smell of rats!
In fact for some time the air has been positively redolent of rodent.

Pfizer suddenly decides to rejig their factory in Belgium so they can meet future world demand but disregard immediate promises.
Meanwhile peak numbers of Europeans are dying and vaccines seem to be the only rugged way to reduce this.
Perhaps it's more like they can't meet the existing promised demand for January and February?

Looks like we will badly need the Oxford vaccine in massive amounts if Spring is going to be what we hope for.
D.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A strong smell of rats!
In fact for some time the air has been positively redolent of rodent.

Pfizer suddenly decides to rejig their factory in Belgium so they can meet future world demand but disregard immediate promises.
Meanwhile peak numbers of Europeans are dying and vaccines seem to be the only rugged way to reduce this.
Perhaps it's more like they can't meet the existing promised demand for January and February?

Looks like we will badly need the Oxford vaccine in massive amounts if Spring is going to be what we hope for.
D.
I detect some American interest in the Pfizer stocks. The US "reserve" for the second doses has just been found not to exist. It only existed as a US Govt. paper exercise.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all on a morning minus Swipey and the threatened heavy snow - at least so far in both cases. Hug for the knee @RFSMarch , the worry over Archie @Krystyna23040 , we said goodbye to two in 2019 hard for us but best for them in both cases - didn't make it any easier at the time. Hug for @geefull and any others feeling the impact of the weather and lockdown. Lockdown could have been designed especially for me but I have never taken to Autumn and Winter so probably won't now. @dogslife great post reminding me at least to count my blessings - little things mean a lot.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

Wet here today. Collecting new glasses today, I only had my eyes tested on Tuesday, usually takes two weeks.

Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning.

@ianpspurs it is so sad when we say goodbye to our dogs. Doubly hard when you say goodbye to two dogs in the same year. We are so lucky that we can assist our dogs to die so they don't suffer when they come to the end of their lives.

Archie has definitely improved overnight. He took about 3 wobbly steps forward before collapsing and seems stronger all over. He is also not quite so disoriented. I am feeling a bit more optimistic that he will improve like @gennepher 's hearing assistance doggy did.

I want to do tonight's shift - looking after Archie overnight but Mr K is absolutely adamant that he is doing it and I can't make him change his mind.

Snow surprisingly thick here. Looks like more to come.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

6.2 this morning.

Record today, woke up at 8:06 am my day will have to be reorganised and I have just the female to do that for me, when she arises from her pit / lair.

Lockdown is not a problem. Do you know how many grains of salt are in the average salt cellar?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Archie has definitely improved overnight. He took about 3 wobbly steps forward before collapsing and seems stronger all over. He is also not quite so disoriented. I am feeling a bit more optimistic that he will improve like @gennepher 's hearing assistance doggy did.

I want to do tonight's shift - looking after Archie overnight but Mr K is absolutely adamant that he is doing it and I can't make him change his mind.

Snow surprisingly thick here. Looks like more to come.

That is really good he has improved overnight @Krystyna23040

With my first hearing dog for the deaf, Truffle her name was, after the stroke I did have to always lift her in and out of the car, she was unable to do that high jump. But once her 4 feet were on the ground, she could walk along as well as any dog, and wagging her tail. J and I used to travel all over the UK, and she went on walks with us. I recall and also have photos where she came walking round the Avebury standing stones with us.

I also had a quail many years later. She was lying on her side in her cage all frantic one morning. The vet said she'd had a stroke. A quail having a stroke? Vet said he would put her down. No, I said. I am taking her home. Vet said I was causing her suffering and she would die. I was very fond of this quail. And she laid me eggs daily.

Back home, what the heck do I do with a quail that can only lay on its side fluttering frantically? I sat all day with her upright in my lap, Popeye was on one side of me on the couch, and my then Hearing Dog for the Deaf, Meg, sat on the other side of me. Both looking for the main chance. J my partner was laughing at this sight. And then he told me the quail was singing. I didn't have the cochlear implant at that time so I have no idea. But holding her, felt as though she, the quail, was vibrating, purring. She looked happy!

But that night, what do I do? I prop her up in her cage (realistically I cannot sit with her 24 hours so I had to compromise), but she kept falling over, then I realised her feeding dish had a curved bowl. I sat her in that. She kept upright. And was still sitting in it in the morning. So this went on for a fortnight, daytime on my lap (Meg and Popeye never giving up on their eye for the main chance), and night time propped upright in the curved feeding bowl. Maybe a fortnight of this. Then one morning she was walking round the cage. She lived around another couple of years. And laid eggs for me every day just about. And everyday, I continued to take her out of the cage for an hour or so and sat her on my lap. And every day Popeye and Meg never gave up their eye for the main chance. The quail, Henrietta, died one night in her cage and left me one last beautiful blue egg...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Zoom meal with family at 6 so popping in to post today's second painting. First was changing yesterday's into a Dragon Scene for tonight's family challenge.

This is another attempt at yesterday's effort without the muddy water. A4 watercolour will finish on Saturday.

View attachment 46895
Looking good @Muddy Cyclist
I love those light greens at the top...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.9 today

It's been a much better day here today than it was yesterday so we did get out for a walk :joyful:

Anybody else struggle a bit at the moment on those dark cold wet days? I used to go out for a walk regardless of weather but this winter I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself on days like that, by extension if I don't get going for some exercise I don't get other things done :( (sometimes I don't post here either :sorry: ).

Maybe it's because we're not getting to do the regular little trips we used to do for shopping, including coffee, or a stroll somewhere different :bigtears: I'm so lucky to live here where I can at least walk the village and we can still take care of Mum but I admit I still miss the other little freedoms. Sorry for the whinge :sorry:

@gennepher - you are so intrepid, I'm glad you got to your friendly post office and back safely. I like both your pictures, the moonscape has a lovely glinting light in the mid ground. Your dark, light pierced picture is good and gives a good sense of the duality of the beauty with the edge of fear. So glad you got back safely :)
Thawing cars and stuff out can be a real job sometimes, I remember having to crawl across the drivers' seat because the car doors furthest from the house were just solid :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

art bit -

this is my shot at a waterfall somewhere in Yosemite I saw a photo of on the net.

View attachment 46896

'Whinge' as much as you need to @geefull We will all 'listen' on this thread.
It's the little freedoms I miss, and dark wintry cold wet days don't help.
I let out a very loud top of my voice 'AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH' (longer than that), last night, over some particular external thing that was very frustrating. I had a hoarse throat after.

Thank you for the art compliments :)

A great magnificent waterfall, with all the spray down below.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
91 yo MIL had first jab today - queuing outside in the rain for 3 hrs. They did eventually provide chairs. That can't be right.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a quite noisy, rain drumming, wind blowing morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of almost a full English but let’s not push it came in at 4.8 this am

What a fabulous day it was yesterday - bright, sunny, clear sky, quite cold, wrap up warm, not too many people, 5 miles. Turmeric tea making also yesterday - a batch lasts about a week in the fridge. Bread making - I must make some bread today - I have begun to use a pyrex dish lined with silicone paper for the dough to rise and then put the whole thing in the oven - cut into slices and into freezer bags it lasts 10 to 12 days so tea making and bread making are always out of synch. Very planetary.
Talking to son last night and overheard one of the grandchildren; “sorry darling, I can’t hear you over the sound of the vacuum cleaner, legs up darling so I can get underneath, thank you darling”. - What’s that all about? “They are playing at being Grandmother”. Crazy kids.

Sanity exercise - we are planning a holiday, using the world map that covers a whole wall in our dining room for ideas - it will be very expensive - so many places on the itinerary - Mrs Miggins will need a whole new ensemble (can’t be bought in Primark - the don’t do ensembles, just lift music). Where to begin - as the Irish would say, “I wouldn’t start from here”.
Picture today on a small sample (3 x 7 inches) of quite nice rice paper - lets go back to the mountains. Hope that everyone is as well as they can be. Must be time for koffy somewhere on the planet.

View attachment 46906

Like your sanity exercise @dunelm

I use Google Earth, and travel round the places my postcrossing friends send me postcards of...

Ha ha to the grandkids game...:happy:

Love your mountains and the full colouring.