EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Maybe my father can start reading his newspaper on the same day he receives it . (Yes, he's seriously self isolating.):)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And yet on Friday Boris was telling us all to still remember to wash our hands as we can catch the virus if we touch something someone with the virus has touched....

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Surfaces may not be the main spreader, but they are still a source of risk. I intend to continue being careful.

Reactions: sleepster

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am of the belief that our government still doesn't understand how bad this virus can be, and only when London is getting really hit and filling hospitals.
For example Leicester is still in the first lockdown!!!
Only when it was clear that the new variant was spreading too fast down south, was a lockdown with tighter rules in place of, but it still seems to everyone that it's not a proper lockdown because most of the workers who can't work from home, are having to go, it really does seem that the country is open for business.
There are so many mistakes or put in to late, and the lack of preparedness was criminal. It is over a year ago that I knew for certain that a bad virus was heading this way, and the airports are still taking people to other countries, but now if you have had a negative test, you can come in!!
The ferries haven't stopped, people are still having trips abroad, asked why the restrictions on travel to and from Brazil, hadn't been put in straight away, his reply was there are still, yes still brits wanting to fly home.
The track and trace system has been a nightmare.
Wearing face masks, I can't believe the numbers of adults who are just disregarding this. It should have been compulsory last March,
Supermarkets, I am of the opinion that the spread of the virus is not helped because the numbers of people in store is not restricted, even the small ones can't police the numbers and recommendations and its not their job to tell you. My local Iceland has a proper security guard on the front door and supervising numbers and you are not allowed to go in unless you are wearing a mask.
My niece works in a hospital and my son's are Dockers, drivers and along with the daughter in law who both work in a care home, my daughter works in a school, my grandson also works in a school, his job is to have the programming sorted for remote learning. Finally one grandson is in construction and his company have orders till next year. Oh I've missed my other two relatives who work for Tesco.

Shielding now I've been told to do, done a big shop on line, so I don't need to go to asda ever again!!

I'm am praying for our letters come for our jabs, that will be a big weight off
my shoulders.

Finally, again, having my usual weekly chat to my GP, she admitted that it is only protecting the NHS, and because of the jab, we will have herd immunity and only when this is achieved, can we return to some sort of life, going out etc.

Regardless, (finally again!) It can't be normal, if we go back to the days when hospitals are starved of resources, three million in poverty, children relying on school meals, house building a priority and living costs in proportion with a real living wage.
One of the worst things that developed because of austerity was food banks. The number of people even both parents working who have to resort to asking for food is a national s scandal and a disgrace.
We need now more than ever, free internet, the system is created to just make money, the price is so high comparable to what it actually costs.

Who wants to go back to normal?
Looks like Boris is on a winner with brexit, just ask the Scottish fishing trawlers, who have to go to the continent to sell the fish, yes, the British fish!

Stay safe

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's an interesting read, but I think I'll continue with what I've been doing. I haven't had covid yet and don't intend on getting it.