What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Have a peaceful and safe day everyone.

From a Cumbria which seems devoid of 90% of its human life.
We nipped into our small town yesterday am to post a letter to get into the saturday mail, it was absolutely dead, no people abroad and most shops closed. Our butchers is closed due covid and near here the drainage contractors business is closed due to staff covid.

I hope people keep to the rules and we whip this variant so all can get vaccinated safely and life can get back to normal.
D.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Outgoing Swipey: 4.0 ➡️
Sainsbury's run in a couple of hours - fresh veggies and a lot of batch cooking is on the cards for today and getting the supplies in for the Australian Open run - planning for 2 and a half weeks of odd hours.

Will be swipey-free until after the Aus Open so mid Feb will be back on the scanning because I am going to be relying on protein bars, cup soups and the odd Pot-Noodle to get through the overnights... so will assess the carnage afterwards.

Just shaking my head at the Premier League players clamping down on goal celebrations! They were NEVER SUPPPOSED TO be hugging etc from the outset when sport returned in the first lockdown so where this faux-shock comes from, I don't knw.
Meanwhile Down Under, Tennis Australia is getting its just desserts for trying to put on a Slam at all costs in a global pandemic in a State that has endured one of the harshest lockdowns in the world. Entitled players moaning about the free food has not gone down well with Melbournians!

Reactions: geefull

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, short sweet and to the point this morning.

5.8 this morning.

Enjoy today, this is the only chance you have at today.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this lovely sunny morning.
Archie still improving. Yesterday morning I had to hand feed him and it needed both of us to support him with the sling and harness to help him into the garden.

This morning he ate his food normally and drank a huge amount from his water bowl and only needed gentle support on his harness to take him into the garden. Snow has gone and he was happy laying in the garden listening to the birds. Now he is snoozing by the radiator in the conservatory. His favourite place. He is definitely a lot happier and less confused today.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies for all the Archie updates but just had to post this. He went back out to the garden and started digging a hole (luckily I spotted that predictive text changed the i to an o before I posted this). He then wandered around thoroughly inspecting every corner of the garden. This is such a huge leap forward.

His recovery is progressing at supersonic speed. I am so happy. He is now snoring on his bed by the radiator in the conservatory.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies for all the Archie updates but just had to post this. He went back out to the garden and started digging a hole (luckily I spotted that predictive text changed the i to an o before I posted this). He then wandered around thoroughly inspecting every corner of the garden. This is such a huge leap forward.

His recovery is progressing at supersonic speed. I am so happy. He is now snoring on his bed by the radiator in the conservatory.
Absolutely amazingly brilliant
We await all your updates and are delighted with them, as you are with his progress...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Hearing that call @lindisfel for safety to get jabs.

Wonderful news on Archie @Krystyna23040

And @RFSMarch the Fury
Over flight caps, nationals left stranded while tennis stars can arrive..and moan..never going to play well to the public

For me , a hectic few days.

Had left work on the bike ( 900 ) that was now urgent
Sat with friend who did the work Friday.
I sat useless offering little but company.

That night the boredom of 4 walls had me plead to join nephew at Sainsbury's.
What was once a hop skip & a jump, was now a real slog, but that first real walk in a month and the fresh air..lovely.

Felt good after if a little tired.
Rewarded with best nights sleep since I fell.
10pm -4pm..sleep IS the best medicine.

Saturday n today just chilling
doing the usual
re- watching a rake of old movies...
La confidential, the revenant, ..the matrix last night

It's like they don't make good films anymore

Oops GoM statement..that's s bad sign..:hilarious:

Stay safe all.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And @RFSMarch the Fury
Over flight caps, nationals left stranded while tennis stars can arrive..and moan..never going to play well to the public

Stay safe all.

Absolutely right - it is one of those moments that I cringe that I know some of these people. Luckily the better players have been very quiet, thankfully.

But a lot of players this morning are walking their kvetching back and making the best of the situation... and I do have sympathy for the player who had a mouse in their room. That, I feel, is a bit of a legit moan!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Apologies for all the Archie updates but just had to post this.
Don't apologise! I've been out all day today, so only now having a peek on the forum, and I've been thinking about Archie today, hoping he was slowly recovering.
Very happy to read he is not doing that at all, but instead goes for a miraculously speedy recovery!
Way to go, Archie, and take your chance to dig some more holes in the garden or steal some favourite foods, as Krystyna won't tell you off for it at all at the moment ;)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't apologise! I've been out all day today, so only now having a peek on the forum, and I've been thinking about Archie today, hoping he was slowly recovering.
Very happy to read he is not doing that at all, but instead goes for a miraculously speedy recovery!
Way to go, Archie, and take your chance to dig some more holes in the garden or steal some favourite foods, as Krystyna won't tell you off for it at all at the moment ;)
Thank you @Antje77 . You are absolutely right - I won't tell Archie off for digging holes in the garden or stealing food. I was so happy when I saw him digging the hole.

Reactions: geefull and dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

I prefer eating one meal a day. It helps Fbg. Also I love my cooked breakfasts, and food and cooking is over and done with for the rest of the day. Suits me.

Painting for the day. In Procreate.
It is what you make it to be.
I was sad when I did it.
Something happened yesterday.
I am taking time out, but I will do my daily digital painting. I need to do this...

9852225C-FCFA-4978-AF5B-571B28947734.png

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swipey free and about to try and do a workout but might switch to the bike as my knee is not happy at all.

Had to ask cave dweller to make more of an effort to keep the house clean. Not sure he liked it but I am sick of cleaning up after him. I have to literally scrub the toilet daily if I want to use it when I am downstairs and I clean his toilet and bathroom once a week myself because if you leave it for weeks on end it would be totally gross! (His bathroom is downstairs and there is a separate toilet that I occasionally use if I am downstairs rather than schlep up two flights of stairs to use mine).

I always wipe down the kitchen surfaces and try and leave it clean so I just flipped yesterday when I got back from Sainsbury's and he had come down for breakfast and left a mess in the kitchen and hadn't bothered to empty the kitchen bin. Never cleans the hob, never cleans the surfaces...

I tried to be as reasonable as possible and asked him to wash up properly as well (I had to re-wash a pan just to be able to use it) and told him I would just appreciate it if he did more around the cleaning, and asked him if he could clean his bathroom at least once a week.

I then avoided him for the rest of the day because I hate that kind of confrontation. I mean my house isn't a show home by any stretch of the imagination, but I am not his housekeeper. He came from a place where the landlady lived in a complete tip so I dunno - maybe he thinks that is ok? Anyway...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on another cycle of the planet here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of heck sausages in onion gravy with Viennese style red cabbage came in at 5.2 this am

Congratulations must go to Nirmal 'Nims' Purja, a Gurkha veteran and his team for singing the Nepalese national anthem as they arrived at the top of Karakuram 2 (K2) on Saturday - a first for a winter ascent - brhhh! It gets cold and windy up there.

@Krystyna23040 - good Archie updates - digging holes and stealing food - good signs.
@gennepher - wonderful colours in your sunset yesterday and sorry to read that you are sad. Your art always cheers me up, this latest reminds me of Lake Victoria and how the light disappears as fast as a light switch being flicked in that part of the world.

Art today on a piece of triple layered rice paper, about 6x4 inches. Hope everyone has a great Monday - won’t be long until bin day comes around. Koffy.

upload_2021-1-18_7-29-47.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
good morning everyone on another cycle of the planet here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of heck sausages in onion gravy with Viennese style red cabbage came in at 5.2 this am

Congratulations must go to Nirmal 'Nims' Purja, a Gurkha veteran and his team for singing the Nepalese national anthem as they arrived at the top of Karakuram 2 (K2) on Saturday - a first for a winter ascent - brhhh! It gets cold and windy up there.

@Krystyna23040 - good Archie updates - digging holes and stealing food - good signs.
@gennepher - wonderful colours in your sunset yesterday and sorry to read that you are sad. Your art always cheers me up, this latest reminds me of Lake Victoria and how the light disappears as fast as a light switch being flicked in that part of the world.

Art today on a piece of triple layered rice paper, about 6x4 inches. Hope everyone has a great Monday - won’t be long until bin day comes around. Koffy.

View attachment 46933
Hi Dunelm, I thought the Gurkha team assembling under the summit and climbing the last section of k2 together showed a great spirit of comradeship.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg 6.2

I prefer eating one meal a day. It helps Fbg. Also I love my cooked breakfasts, and food and cooking is over and done with for the rest of the day. Suits me.

Painting for the day. In Procreate.
It is what you make it to be.
I was sad when I did it.
Something happened yesterday.
I am taking time out, but I will do my daily digital painting. I need to do this...

View attachment 46932
Swans flying to feed at night under a blood moon?

lindisfel

Expert
Absolutely right - it is one of those moments that I cringe that I know some of these people. Luckily the better players have been very quiet, thankfully.

But a lot of players this morning are walking their kvetching back and making the best of the situation... and I do have sympathy for the player who had a mouse in their room. That, I feel, is a bit of a legit moan!
Oh come on.....it wasn't a rat!:)