New pump needed...

Elenaki

I've had Accuchek pumps for about 12 years (Spirit first, then Insight), which have worked well, although recently I've found the Insight too fiddly for my arthritic fingers, and now that its warranty has expired, it's time for a change. I've moved clinics recently and the new one doesn't normally use Roche products. They would consider giving me a Solo, but have had no experience with it. Or I could return to the Combo Spirit. What experience have people had with the Solo? Or should I consider another manufacturer? I've always found Roche helpful and efficient.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good Morning Elenaki

I have been experiencing similar problems to the ones you describe due to arthritic hands. I started with a Medtronic pump in Sept 2020 and set changes are very difficult.

I have now tried the Omnipod and I can manage to do it on my own. I am awaiting training to allow me to change over.

The pump team locally were very supportive here. Maybe you could ask to see the pumps on offer, perhaps even try doing a set change before making a decision. With hindsight that is something I wish I had done before choosing the Medtronic pump in the first place

Good luck with your choices