What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope your tenant mends his ways. Perhaps, now he knows it is not acceptable to leave his mess everywhere, he will be much more considerate and clear up his mess.

I hope so too - I mean I met his mum who helped him move his stuff and she is a sweetheart so I cannot believe she raised him to be slovenly! He left his previous landlady (whose house looked like a bomb site from the pics he showed me) and stayed with him mother for a couple of weeks before he finally moved in.

And I cannot afford to be rent-less sadly with no work in the books so.. we shall see!

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for the difficult start to 2021 @JFWinstone. We are just back from a walk in Thetford Forest . Bill and Ben requested that their identities be disguised so I deliberately blurred their photo - I also disguised their barks on the interview:angelic: Nicely quiet - that photo was taken in a clearing which is for caravans - electric hookup points covered atm. The structured walks, cafe (closed) and toilets on the other side of the A11 are quite busy so keep this quiet please. Feeling blessed and privileged to have this resource near me.

Attachments

• BandBintForJan2021.jpg
    BandBintForJan2021.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I waiting for him to give a report back from the Himalyas.:; D.
Himalayas - wet and windy - good views from the top. Indus river is a bit chilly for morning dips and we left our Nan in Peshwar.
Update: Hunting Tigers no longer allowed despite what the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band will have your believe.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had phone call, Oxford Covid Jab on Wednesday, I'm 71 so things must be rolling along in my area.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope so too - I mean I met his mum who helped him move his stuff and she is a sweetheart so I cannot believe she raised him to be slovenly! He left his previous landlady (whose house looked like a bomb site from the pics he showed me) and stayed with him mother for a couple of weeks before he finally moved in.

And I cannot afford to be rent-less sadly with no work in the books so.. we shall see!
That sounds more hopeful. Perhaps he thought that landladies were all slovenly like his previous landlady and it just didn't occur to him that tenants should clear up after themselves. Hopefully you have shown him the error of his ways and he was just thoughtless not slovenly.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for the difficult start to 2021 @JFWinstone. We are just back from a walk in Thetford Forest . Bill and Ben requested that their identities be disguised so I deliberately blurred their photo - I also disguised their barks on the interview:angelic: Nicely quiet - that photo was taken in a clearing which is for caravans - electric hookup points covered atm. The structured walks, cafe (closed) and toilets on the other side of the A11 are quite busy so keep this quiet please. Feeling blessed and privileged to have this resource near me.

what a lovely photo. Your dogs look so happy.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
what a lovely photo. Your dogs look so happy.
Thank you - they do seem to like that particular part of TF. Let's hope it remains as quiet. It is off the A11 whereas the busy walks are actually on the main road and well signposted. @Muddy Cyclist that is great news about your jab.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have decided for my next series of watercolour paintings to try some winter heathland pictures. Inspired by yesterday's Muddy Cycle ride that took me over Brindley Heath a bunter pebble bed Heath..

A4 watercolour this is the start, look out of focus as it's wet on wet and now await for it to dry. Will finish it Wednesday as Tuesday I am driving to Port Talbot to deliver eulogy at my friends funeral, a total of 6+ Hours driving 20 minutes service, as I have said I shall be in my VW. Camper to avoid having to stop and use any facilities. Have all boarder control documents.

IMG_4372.JPG

Reactions: geefull

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 yesterday and 4.7 today

Sunday meal went well and I missed posting yesterday evening because I was trying to finish a lace scarf I was knitting for Mum's 96th birthday today. I did manage it but it took me a bit longer than I expected :sorry:

We usually would take Mum out for lunch for her birthday but that's not a going concern just now so we took the makings for fish, chips and mushy peas over and made lunch today. Mr gee had a few chips and I had cauli :hilarious:

Glad to hear that jabs are starting to appear for some now, we have not heard anything here so far and I presume Mum would be in an early group :(
Scotland is using a different strategy I believe, vaccinating medical people and care home staff first together with care home residents before moving to other vulnerable groups.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - like both your pictures, in the first the foliage is good and it's a good shot at a dark sky, I find a dark sky really difficult, the second is an impressive picture of that gorge, the colours work well and I like how the little figure on the bridge in the foreground works :)

@Krystyna23040 - so good to hear that Archie is progressing and good for him digging in the garden :D

@jjraak - well done on winning back a sliver of normal :joyful:

@JFWinstone - hope things improve for you soon.

@gennepher - I'm sorry that you felt such sadness, I hope things feel brighter soon. Your art is lovely, two fine paintings, the first has such a sense of space and the foliage against the dark foreground is a nice contrast. The second has such lovely glowing colour and you've done such a good job with the reflections :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm glad you're managing to keep up with your music despite covid. Hope your trip goes ok and thank goodness for Wilfred ;)

I love the palette you've used to begin your painting and I look forward to seeing the series :)

Art bit -

we're getting some nice tinted skies just now :) when the sun is quite low it can just catch the clouds .

upload_2021-1-18_18-46-50.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Sunday meal went well and I missed posting yesterday evening because I was trying to finish a lace scarf I was knitting for Mum's 96th birthday today. I did manage it but it took me a bit longer than I expected :sorry:

We usually would take Mum out for lunch for her birthday but that's not a going concern just now so we took the makings for fish, chips and mushy peas over and made lunch today. Mr gee had a few chips and I had cauli :hilarious:

Glad to hear that jabs are starting to appear for some now, we have not heard anything here so far and I presume Mum would be in an early group :(
Scotland is using a different strategy I believe, vaccinating medical people and care home staff first together with care home residents before moving to other vulnerable groups.

@dunelm - like both your pictures, in the first the foliage is good and it's a good shot at a dark sky, I find a dark sky really difficult, the second is an impressive picture of that gorge, the colours work well and I like how the little figure on the bridge in the foreground works :)

@Krystyna23040 - so good to hear that Archie is progressing and good for him digging in the garden :D

@gennepher - I'm sorry that you felt such sadness, I hope things feel brighter soon. Your art is lovely, two fine paintings, the first has such a sense of space and the foliage against the dark foreground is a nice contrast. The second has such lovely glowing colour and you've done such a good job with the reflections :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm glad you're managing to keep up with your music despite covid. Hope your trip goes ok and thank goodness for Wilfred ;)

I love the palette you've used to begin your painting and I look forward to seeing the series :)

Art bit -

we're getting some nice tinted skies just now :) when the sun is quite low it can just catch the clouds .

View attachment 46938
Great art. Happy birthday "mum," I'm sure you enjoyed your birthday meal and hope you get your vaccination soon. Some young whippersnappers down here had 2 already somehow.

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Folks
Just had another go at Sainsbury's "Cauli-Rice". This is course-ground cauliflower, with nearly nil carbs.
Fried a little onion and green pepper in butter until soft, then added 100g of the cauli-rice, seasoned and cooked for three minutes. Served with homemade Italian meat sauce.
Actually not bad! Will try again with homemade chicken curry later this week, as a rice substitute.

Less than 41 hours until the Orange Grifter leaves the WH. Just checked the NYT. No reports of US bombing Iran or North Korea, but over 40 hours of danger still to pass.

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Art bit -

View attachment 46938
Happy Birthday to mom, I hope she gets offered the jab soon. All nursing home staff and most residents have been vaccinated in England but I do think it's a Post Code lottery as I know 80 year olds in our street that have not yet had the vaccine but they go to different health centres, all very strange.

Great landscape painting, I have said it before but I do admire how you paint those hills and mountains, gorgeous.

Thanks for you nice comments re my heathland painting, turned out greener than I would like for winter but hopefully will over paint and get it bleak and wintery.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone on another cycle of the planet here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of heck sausages in onion gravy with Viennese style red cabbage came in at 5.2 this am

Congratulations must go to Nirmal 'Nims' Purja, a Gurkha veteran and his team for singing the Nepalese national anthem as they arrived at the top of Karakuram 2 (K2) on Saturday - a first for a winter ascent - brhhh! It gets cold and windy up there.

@Krystyna23040 - good Archie updates - digging holes and stealing food - good signs.
@gennepher - wonderful colours in your sunset yesterday and sorry to read that you are sad. Your art always cheers me up, this latest reminds me of Lake Victoria and how the light disappears as fast as a light switch being flicked in that part of the world.

Art today on a piece of triple layered rice paper, about 6x4 inches. Hope everyone has a great Monday - won’t be long until bin day comes around. Koffy.

View attachment 46933

Thank you @dunelm

I love your painting, depth and perspective, and especially the green which is my favourite colour...

@gennepher your painting is beautiful. I am so sorry you are feeling sad today.

Thank you @Krystyna23040

I love that Archie is doing an amazing recovery. He is happy and enjoying life.

I have decided for my next series of watercolour paintings to try some winter heathland pictures. Inspired by yesterday's Muddy Cycle ride that took me over Brindley Heath a bunter pebble bed Heath..

A4 watercolour this is the start, look out of focus as it's wet on wet and now await for it to dry. Will finish it Wednesday as Tuesday I am driving to Port Talbot to deliver eulogy at my friends funeral, a total of 6+ Hours driving 20 minutes service, as I have said I shall be in my VW. Camper to avoid having to stop and use any facilities. Have all boarder control documents.

View attachment 46937

Great start on your painting @Muddy Cyclist

Hope border control goes effortlessly (I will send a file over if needed), and eulogy goes well.

@jjraak take care with your feet, you might be needed with your motorcycle to rescue @Muddy Cyclist ....

Art bit -

View attachment 46938

A beautiful painting @geefull
I love that rosy colour catching the clouds.
Happy 96th for mum!

Take care everyone.
:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @dunelm

I love your painting, depth and perspective, and especially the green which is my favourite colour...

Thank you @Krystyna23040

I love that Archie is doing an amazing recovery. He is happy and enjoying life.

Great start on your painting @Muddy Cyclist

Hope border control goes effortlessly (I will send a file over if needed), and eulogy goes well.

@jjraak take care with your feet, you might be needed with your motorcycle to rescue @Muddy Cyclist ....

A beautiful painting @geefull
I love that rosy colour catching the clouds.
Happy 96th for mum!

Take care everyone.
:)
Thank you. Keep @jjraak on standby.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5 for me today.

A long day ahead I think about 7 hours driving in total with a 20 minute funeral in the middle. Weather looking terrible.

Keep safe and make the best of your day.

Just out of interest anyone know if @HarryBeau and @JohnEGreen are OK? Maybe I missed a post explaining why they are not posting.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Yesterday a stressful day.
I had insurance to deal with first. I needed to ask questions and couldn't use the phone to do so (deafness precludes that), nor to pay over the phone for same reason. It is a very small local insurance brokers, and they have always been good.

Came back home, got out of car, walked back to bungalow.
OMG.
Slipping roof tiles down my roof.
Texted roofer. He got back to me midday. And could come at 3pm.
Heart sank because he wouldn't be able to do that job today, would he?
I'm overly stressed. Cannot do anything. Sit by window to watch arrival of roofer. I don't want to miss him.
But he texted from his van when he arrived. He always does that.
He assesses roof. Tells me I need that dry verge system for tiles. Because they have slipped with the bad weather we get and it caused tiles further back to slip. He has said this a couple of years ago, and I had said no, just fix the tiles. This time I said yes. We negotiated a price.
I will do it now because the weather is going to turn he says.
Half hour later he is back with the stuff. The light is going. They fix the tiles on the roof. Then install this dry verge system. The pair of them work like Trojans.
I take my torch out to see it. Looks good.
I pay him. Thank him and his mate.

This morning, we already have winds and driving rain.
I am sending up thank you prayers for yesterday.

I am poorer by over half a grand from yesterday with insurance and roof. I need to rejiggle finances which don't exist....

I am grateful for a roof to keep me dry.

I need a day to recuperate...to hibernate...

My painting in Procreate this morning...

8EDA4110-FE98-4B44-BB42-17CD5F4FD5EE.png

Reactions: karen8967