What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday - bed 6.6 FBG 6.7. Grandson is still having a grumble about tummy cramps, what appears to be gastric issues and an odd taste. I'm beginning to wonder if he had covid a few weeks back as his escalating issues coincide with a few days after 3 classes had to self isolate after a positive diagnosis. Wonder what the odds are of an antibody test? I know - no chance. One of the Imperial College articles does say these symptoms are more common in children. Brother not too good. He's very fatigued with the cut in the steroid dose.
B. TAG
L. Sandwich with 2 slices of SLC with chicken & avocado.
D. Used more of yesterday's chicken to make a LC butter chicken, cauliflower rice with spring onion and peas and a bit LC naan. 2 bits Godiva and currently unwinding with an orange gin and zero lemonade, loads of ice AND a silicon straw!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee to start the day, and continue it.
Brunch was bacon and eggs
Mid aft low carb cracker with a small amount of pate. ( cracker made with the seed mix from the horrible porridge, chia, sunflower and linseed- a pinch of psyllium husk power. Water. Microwaved til crispy. Very good, far better than the porridge)
Dinner was slow cooker beef curry and cauli rice, then another couple of the kc crackers and cheese.
@annabell1 I bet your mum’s kafta’s ( kofta’s?) were wonderful. My family have been trying to recreate my mum’s spaghetti sauce for eons.
@maglil55 hugs for the continuing family concerns, I do hope you’re managing a bit of time for yourself.
@Goonergal the airfried lamb leg sounds wonderful, I’d never thought of cooking it that way. I have one cooking sous vide atm, hope it works out ok, it’s an expensive mistake otherwise.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All got a bit behind again. Friday for lunch was a Lizza toastie split with a spoon of cheesey coleslaw and crumbled mature cheddar. Supper was panfried cod loin, scallops and lemon butter sauce, broccoli.
Saturday lunch was egg mayo and little gems followed by cup of tea and two squares Lindt 90. Supper was t/a Tandoori prawns (4) cauli bhajee and two popadoms. Then inexplicably it all went crazy, snacked on several teaspoons peanut butter, pickled onions and bag of quavers. Dont know what happened but FBG tomo will be horrible not unfairly so.
Sunday supper will be beef strogonoff and green veg. Eating as little and as lc as possible before that.
@maglil55 sending hugs for the sadness and concern for your brother. Sounds like grandson might have had Covid and you are doing amazing with home schooling. I wonder if the future of schooling will be less time in school balanced with home learning.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s quiet in here today.

Having been on a long walk in the sun (11.7 miles) and fasted until 1.30, I’ve somehow managed to eat half the content pa of the fridge.

Picked up 10 wings and some peri-peri nuts from Nando’s on my way home. Most of the wings are for tomorrow’s packed lunch, but ate the nuts and 2 wings before frying some mince with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese. Still hungry a bit later so had some pork belly pieces coated in chilli oil and air fried. Absolutely stuffed now.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding and chopped pecans.
Roast Dinner: beef, one tiny roast potato and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee this morning, most of it from a flask sitting on the beach watching the sun come up. Perfect start to the day.
Back home, very cold, had the DD coconut porridge which warmed the cockles. ( and so much better than the seedy slimy one @Rachox )
Dinner was a boned leg of lamb cooked sous vide for 24hr. So very good! Served with broccoli cheese and some shredded sautéed sprouts.
DGF cake and cream afterwards and a couple of glasses of wine with it.
Quite a lot of tea with almond milk this evening.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grabbed a chunk of cheese as woke late to meet a friend for a walk. Correction, that should be mudslide. Slippery slopes around here. It was hard going. Took hour and half to do what we usually do in 1.

L: a sardine and some stilton on salad. Handful pecans

D roast beef, one piece roasted carrot, 1 piece roasted swede, boiled kale, 1 yorkshire. 4 teaspoons of a chia and coffe pudding

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Saturday - bed 6.6 FBG 6.7. Grandson is still having a grumble about tummy cramps, what appears to be gastric issues and an odd taste. I'm beginning to wonder if he had covid a few weeks back as his escalating issues coincide with a few days after 3 classes had to self isolate after a positive diagnosis. Wonder what the odds are of an antibody test? I know - no chance. One of the Imperial College articles does say these symptoms are more common in children. Brother not too good. He's very fatigued with the cut in the steroid dose.
B. TAG
L. Sandwich with 2 slices of SLC with chicken & avocado.
D. Used more of yesterday's chicken to make a LC butter chicken, cauliflower rice with spring onion and peas and a bit LC naan. 2 bits Godiva and currently unwinding with an orange gin and zero lemonade, loads of ice AND a silicon straw!
LC naan - tell me more - where can I get that?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slc rolls - 1 on fried egg and the other on bacon. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 1 prawn cocktail, 1 slice slc bread buttered. 2 chicken satay on sticks. 1 DGF salted caramel blondie thingy (in freezer left over from xmas) with double cream

I had a lazy Sunday today although I did still do my walk (wet) and visit mum

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
if you google headbangers kitchen, you should find a lot of options for different breads and a whole range of recipes and youtube videos.
I use Headbangers kitchen recipes especially his peanut/tandoori chicken wings they are the best.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Finally cooked my lamb cutlets decided to marinade them in tandoori paste and yoghurt for a few hours before baking the lamb cutlets in the breville oven for about 18mins then grilled for 3 minutes the thick cuts were still tender but the thin cuts got a bit overcooked but still enjoyed them I had them with home-made tzatziki (yoghurt garlic baby cucumber and dried mint leaves) nuked some popadums and cooked a 1/4 cup of some bassmatti rice the last of my rice in the cupboard. I don’t eat lots of rice this killo bag has lasted me for over 9 months. But want to get back to cauliflower rice. Sorry have a tendency to waffle sometimes will most times☺ and A plum
Today
Breakfast will more lunch as slept in again sourdough toast butter and 1/2 220g tin of heinz no added sugar baked beans its sweetened using Steviol glyocsides so works out roughly 34g carbs for breaky toast and the beans.

Managed to get more sleep the combination of paracetamol, SM-33 liquid pain reliever and a gargle with some whisky helped me sleep. But woke up with some discomfort so after breakfast will gargle some whiskey and reapply the SM33. Try one more day of doing this and if still niggling will contact my dentist. Dinner planning on eating leftovers I've got pork belly and remains tandoori lamb cutlets so may have it with some salad.

Now to finish my 2nd cup of coffee before I venture out and get energy to mow my lawn

Reactions: maglil55 and mojo37

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t been shopping so all food is from freezer or cupboard today:

Homemade chicken soup ( freezer - pleased with myself as I’d frozen it in individual portions) flaxseed bun ( also freezer)
DGF cake and cream.
Tuna casserole -store cupboard ingredients

Hope the freezer will provide tomorrow too as I’m not going to be able to get out til Wed.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Lots of cravings going on today. Lunch was cold chicken wings from yesterday’s Nando’s order.
Dinner was 2 pork belly strips cut into pieces, coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried.

Succumbed to some Montezuma’s Absolute Black with orange and cocoa nibs early afternoon. Confirmed it does me no good - raises heartbeat and needs to be ditched. Head needs to take note! Ditched the majority of it on the way home.

Post dinner whipped up about 50ml double cream to satisfy a ‘dessert’ hole. Seems to have done the job.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
After a high fbg and my usual Brekkie of slice HoLo toast cooled, thick west country salted butter and copious tea has a 3 mile walk before getting on with chores. Lunch was a Lizza toastie split toasted and spread with crunch peanut butter and a small chunk of the end of some mature cheddar, more tea.
Supper has been panfried lamb chump chop, some heated leftover roasted med veg and a couple of cauli florets. Quite full now. @DJC3 I find it quite satisfying using stuff from the freezer/storecupboard and it is surprising what you can come up with.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L was salad with some cheeses. Ff greek with seeds and blueberries.
2 :30 definitely still hungry so a commercial nut bar at 8g carbs
D small cold roast beef with 3 tablespoons veg. 1 sugar free sweet which seems to causing tummy turbulence. Had my suspicions. Think its confirmed now. Something in them upsets me

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: beef burgers with melted cheese on top (no bread bun for me) with leafy salad and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.