What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Tracylee24

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.7 Both shoulders ache. Have a cold. Dry mouth. Sleep was rubbish. And I want to eat Porridge - never ever thought I’d say that....

katereiki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm feeling pleased with myself today because yesterday my BG was 6.4 - a bit high for me as I try to keep it at 6.0 or less. I ate carefully yesterday and this morning it's 5.4! I was surprised because I didn't have much physical activity - just a short walk.

I am type 2 in remission which I manage without medication.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really needed your humour today- I really did. Thank you.
Well, give yourself a duvet day. I gave myself a duvet fortnight with my recent cold. I guess I have always been a bit self indulgent.
I also made ‘porrige’ with coconut flour, ground almonds and coconut milk. It hit the spot.
In view of the topic for this thread, I add that my BG levels were raised in the mornings of my recent cold, but levelled out during the day.
:)