What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm feeling pleased with myself today because yesterday my BG was 6.4 - a bit high for me as I try to keep it at 6.0 or less. I ate carefully yesterday and this morning it's 5.4! I was surprised because I didn't have much physical activity - just a short walk.

I am type 2 in remission which I manage without medication.
Hi @katereiki and welcome. Strage but true. My BG levels can raise by a full 2 points after exercise, even though lately I am doing nothing more than gentle walks. Tends to level out though. Always highest first thing in the morning.

Reactions: ziggy_w

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning after my eating day. Not so bad at all and with today being a fasting day, BG will be behaving anyway. :)

Based on my observations on experimentation with inulin, I have concluded it must be doing something that matches the claim that it aids with loss of visceral fat but in my case every time I take it in my tea it does result in BG going slightly up so I have decided to not mess with it until after my HbA1c due on 09/02. I am convinced it does good things inside but I do want to see an encouraging result on HbA1c - it will likely have a very strong impact on my motivation.

@DJC3 - Thanks for the kind words. Reporting on this forum everyday partly fuels my drive to keep going. The support here is phenomenal. I even get worried when I don't see update from someone regular like @ianpspurs - I hope all is good with him.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Figured I should start posting here instead. I got diagnosed with T2 11 days ago with a FBG of 11.9 and HbA1C of 11%. Been on Metformin since, semi-controlled diet and a 45min workout daily. Low carb, but not no carb.

5.1 this morning. 5.x FBGs for 7 days straight now.
That's very good readings well done .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nasty 9 crept up on me this am ..partly due to awful night's sleep

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m fine thanks. Just needs a bit of insulin fine tuning, that’s all. Also depends on what you had to eat the previous night. No two days are ever the same.

A real rollercoaster! Glad you are ok.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
7 mmol/L today

But think its because I'm still dealing with gum pain luckily got in to see a dentist yesterday not who normally see but at same clinic. X-ray shows no abscess or infection thank goodness! But he believes maybe the crown and the bite but concerned as it's been 6 months since had it fitted. So he reshaped crown and now it's wait and see over the week. Hopefully settles down otherwise might be rootcanal therapy and new crown refitted been told to eat only soft foods

I told the dentist how I've been rinsing my mouth with a very old opened bottle of whisky honestly don't know how old it is but makes a good mouth rinse my dentist laughed and said I can continue this treatment
20210120_112210.jpg

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.8 Up Down Up Down.... This, and Lockdown, is really challenging my sense of humour. A Bright light? Oh yes: 1700 fixed penalty notices handed out by London Transport Police to “people” not wearing Masks. This I like. ;)