What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Lots of cravings going on today. Lunch was cold chicken wings from yesterday’s Nando’s order.
Dinner was 2 pork belly strips cut into pieces, coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried.

Succumbed to some Montezuma’s Absolute Black with orange and cocoa nibs early afternoon. Confirmed it does me no good - raises heartbeat and needs to be ditched. Head needs to take note! Ditched the majority of it on the way home.

Post dinner whipped up about 50ml double cream to satisfy a ‘dessert’ hole. Seems to have done the job.

Oh no! Not the Montezuma’s! That is really sad but I’m so impressed with your resolve to just ditch it.
I agree that some whipped, or unwhipped cream will often fill that pudding hole

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Lots of cravings going on today. Lunch was cold chicken wings from yesterday’s Nando’s order.
Dinner was 2 pork belly strips cut into pieces, coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried.

Succumbed to some Montezuma’s Absolute Black with orange and cocoa nibs early afternoon. Confirmed it does me no good - raises heartbeat and needs to be ditched. Head needs to take note! Ditched the majority of it on the way home.

Post dinner whipped up about 50ml double cream to satisfy a ‘dessert’ hole. Seems to have done the job.
Impressed you ditched the chocolate - well done you - I would probably have saved it and had a little another day!

Reactions: annabell1

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread with, cheese, ham & coleslaw. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 2 chicken satay sticks, 2 slices slc bread with cheese & onion, 1 DGF chocolate something & double cream. Enjoyed the cheese & onion sandwich that much had another one. Another mug of earl grey tea.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 do those sweets have malitol in them? If so, that’s the likely culprit. Most effective laxative going. Ever read the Amazon reviews for sugar free haribo/ ***** bears?

@DJC3 and @Mrs T 123 - am in the process of trying to ditch chocolate altogether. It’s not doing me any favours at all. Doing better with avoiding nut butters - last bought/consumed 2 months ago.

Starting today with a Teaolat with cream and a glass of iced water as usual.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 do those sweets have malitol in them? If so, that’s the likely culprit. Most effective laxative going. Ever read the Amazon reviews for sugar free haribo/ ***** bears?

@DJC3 and @Mrs T 123 - am in the process of trying to ditch chocolate altogether. It’s not doing me any favours at all. Doing better with avoiding nut butters - last bought/consumed 2 months ago.

Well done with both the chocolate and the nut butter; seriously impressive.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of those insatiably hungry days today.

Up at the crack of dawn and made some tuna melts for the first time in ages. Ate 2 for breakfast.
Lunch was some Parma ham and salami - using up a platter bought in Lidl. Ate about half and then didn’t fancy the rest.
Dinner was Nando’s - 4 boneless chicken thighs, Halloumi and some nuts. Could demolish that again!

331E483B-1804-47FC-80AE-EE54DB7A6212.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@googmergal
Doesn't appear so. I am starting to wonder if its all sweetners with me
20210119_193745_copy_612x816.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was thinking the thread has been quiet since Christmas. Has everyone gone to the Sales? ;)

Not up here. Everything is pretty much closed despite some of the counties being quite low as far as new infections and deaths are concerned. We get an odd death every now and then but new infections are averaging about 12 daily. Noticed a lot of the food outlets/restaurants are not opening this time due to the latest tighter restrictions despite the dropping infection rate.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A hungry day for me too. Managed to survive on coffee until midday.
L: cooked Turkey slices from butcher, spinach leaves, 2 cherry toms and a massive dollop of h/m mayo.
DGF cake and cream to follow. Darn it I was meant to be trying a dairy free week!
Dinner, working from home and left it too late so ate a slice of cold lamb plus a bag of Cheesies while cooking DD Asian pork and cabbage stew. It’s just the thing for a chilly wet night.
@Goonergal I’ve been intending to make those tuna melts again for days now. Really tasty and filling standby food.
Is anyone here in the path of hurricane Christoph? What about you @shelley262 ? I do hope you’re ok tonight.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9:00 ff greek with seeds and blueberries
11:00 6 Brazil nuts
1pm h/m waffle with stilton on the side. Waffle was a new to me recipe. Worked well, even hubby had one as part of his lunch

Made some lc lemon scones, again another new to me recipe. Worked well but they did nearly catch in the oven with 10 minutes still to go. Ate one and froze the rest.

6:30 Baked frozen fish on leftover veg. Boys had rice, I had celeriac.

I'd cooked the celeriac whole in the microwave yesterday. Very easy, 10 minutes then turnover 10 more minutes but nearly burned it. Seems to intensify the sweetness and flavour. Could have used the flesh for mash but ended up leaving it plain as was so tasty

Am now sacrificing myself for science by eating another of the sugarfree sweets

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: liver and onions with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday bed 7.1 FBG 6.6. BGs amazingly staying quite stable.
@DJC3 - that would be nice, sitting on a beach watching the sun come up. Two problems though 1) I'd need a folding chair as my legs wouldn't work well enough to get upright again and 2) we have the beach but the weather is shocking. Chucking it down again. @Goonergal - it is quiet. I expected to be faced with about 100 posts but I reckon I'll catch up quickly. Thank you @PenguinMum. It's hard going between home schooling and going up to my brother's. Niece is en route from Australia and gets into Glasgow tomorrow so that will help a lot. I'm pretty convinced grandson has had Covid as everything fits. As I said though, absolutely no chance of getting an antibody test to confirm my suspicions. I would happily pay for a private one but we can't even get that currently and he would freak if I did it for him. He's happier since I explained to him I believe him and I suspect he's had a bug and there are "bits" still affecting him and here's what we need to do. I didn't mention covid - he'd freak out at that too!
Sunday
B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with butter and 2 scrambled eggs.
L. Nothing.
D. Usual campari and soda. Made the hairy bikers featherblade again (spale bone in Scotland). It's a rich gravy but delicious. Served with a mixed veg parmentier. 2 squares 85% and the last truffle!

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/braised_feather_blade_49306

Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Not up here. Everything is pretty much closed despite some of the counties being quite low as far as new infections and deaths are concerned. We get an odd death every now and then but new infections are averaging about 12 daily. Noticed a lot of the food outlets/restaurants are not opening this time due to the latest tighter restrictions despite the dropping infection rate.
Yes - and nothing will be opening anytime soon - now middle of February at earliest and I doubt that - oh no I am going to have to cut my fringe again sometime soon ...

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - Small cheese & tomato omlette. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 2 cheese & onion sandwiches on slc bread (again). 1 DGF chocolate fudge brownie with double cream & handful of mixed nuts. Mug of earl grey tea

I am getting through my 2L of water most days - it surprisingly all adds up between cups of tea and glasses of water

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Strange how we are all different - For me, I think dark chocolate is good for me in moderation but the cream is another story - it increases my cholesterol and I put the lbs on with it - I need to give it up - well may be next week ...

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again
Higher FBG again so have treated myself to my first Libre sensor Version 1 in a small chemist in my area to see whats happening. Tgank goodness Mr PM helped me set it up and plug itbin my arm. Does Philip May do that for Theresa I wonder!
Brekkie usual slice HiLo and lots tea.
Lunch was buttery scrambled eggs on slice HiLo to fill me up, cup tea.
Supper was h/m chicken curry made from a paste found in freezer and coconut milk. Too spicy for me so had big spoon yogurt with it but Mr PM was in his element.