What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

I actually woke up having a mental rant in my head?!?!?

This was 1:30 am!
I had gone to bed last night early...5 pm (so I have had 8 hours sleep), because the storm that hit the front of my bungalow was particularly vicious. It was scary. The whole bungalow shook. My bedroom is at the back so it was calmer there.

I got up at 2 am in the end, because my head was still in full rant about lockdowns, the apparent uselessness of them. My brain was saying "Poppyc0ck" (just thought I would alter that o to 0 in case...) to the whole subject of lockdowns. Last night before I went to bed I had checked a vulnerable wood fence. It was going in the stormy winds. It needs repairing, but depends what is left of it today. I need wood. Is wood in essential food supplies list? I suspect not. But I WILL find a timber yard later today, and they WILL sell me the timber I need, and cut it, and SELL me the fittings I need. Then my brain carries on the rant...do these people like the prime minister etc etc who comes up with lockdown ideas of essential food supplies only for us lowly plebs? Do they not realise we need to do these essential maintenance repairs? I cannot afford to get someone out to deal with this (who can access these supplies) after that expensive (to me) Monday with the roof. Well my rant went on and on...

2am I got up. I am all tensed up. I need to chill. Make a cuppa, sorted some postcards, placed bids for more, negotiated with my postcard supplier that I don't need to pay him for over a month, he will hold the postcards until I can get the funds together for that. Yes, I know it is still early hours (3:43 am now), but when I want to do something I want to do and sort it NOW. I got a response (I must have woke him up, but he does deal internationally so...) and he is happy to hold any winning bids I make until I can pay for them. So at least I can have a bit of excitement in my life until I get this money stuff back in the black again.

January is always a bad month for money for me. The timing of some things which I cannot alter.

I hope @Muddy Cyclist is okay. I am thinking about him.

Just done this painting in Procreate. I was thinking Vincent Van Gogh, and that starry night thing. But I end up doing flowers in the sky. Huh? That wasn't my intention...

Another coffee now and what else can I get done NOW this minute...

1B1CBBF5-B734-4DD4-B20D-21BAC7EDD724.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all/
Just had to have a giant hamburger for my supper yesterday. Organic ground steak patty in a toasted ciabatta roll, with pickled cucumber, coleslaw and a little green salad. Yummy!
Leapt out of bed to beat the morning phenomenon having awoken at 0600 hrs.
FBG 6.6 mmo/lt at 0615 hrs.
Stormy here on South Coast, UK, unusual for such a long duration. Christof will have battered us for over 36 hours.
Calm weather in DC for the Inauguration. Winter sun, 5 C, and a light breeze from the NW.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
Weather rather extreme in Cumbria atm.
A day of very heavy rain yesterday continues to day with temperatures dropping to 2deg C and the possibilities of snow, knowing already on the high tops it will be freezing and snowing already.

I went down to the road last night with my led headlight...a real boon...to bring up from the road three wheelie bins. I could hear the river roaring down its channel and a small stream running down the road in front of me, a comforting thought for someone living on the side of an hill like us but very worrying for those all over England living on flood plains.
We just hope and pray everyone remains safe, whatever hazard we face.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I actually woke up having a mental rant in my head?!?!?

This was 1:30 am!
I had gone to bed last night early...5 pm (so I have had 8 hours sleep), because the storm that hit the front of my bungalow was particularly vicious. It was scary. The whole bungalow shook. My bedroom is at the back so it was calmer there.

I got up at 2 am in the end, because my head was still in full rant about lockdowns, the apparent uselessness of them. My brain was saying "Poppyc0ck" (just thought I would alter that o to 0 in case...) to the whole subject of lockdowns. Last night before I went to bed I had checked a vulnerable wood fence. It was going in the stormy winds. It needs repairing, but depends what is left of it today. I need wood. Is wood in essential food supplies list? I suspect not. But I WILL find a timber yard later today, and they WILL sell me the timber I need, and cut it, and SELL me the fittings I need. Then my brain carries on the rant...do these people like the prime minister etc etc who comes up with lockdown ideas of essential food supplies only for us lowly plebs? Do they not realise we need to do these essential maintenance repairs? I cannot afford to get someone out to deal with this (who can access these supplies) after that expensive (to me) Monday with the roof. Well my rant went on and on...

2am I got up. I am all tensed up. I need to chill. Make a cuppa, sorted some postcards, placed bids for more, negotiated with my postcard supplier that I don't need to pay him for over a month, he will hold the postcards until I can get the funds together for that. Yes, I know it is still early hours (3:43 am now), but when I want to do something I want to do and sort it NOW. I got a response (I must have woke him up, but he does deal internationally so...) and he is happy to hold any winning bids I make until I can pay for them. So at least I can have a bit of excitement in my life until I get this money stuff back in the black again.

January is always a bad month for money for me. The timing of some things which I cannot alter.

I hope @Muddy Cyclist is okay. I am thinking about him.

Just done this painting in Procreate. I was thinking Vincent Van Gogh, and that starry night thing. But I end up doing flowers in the sky. Huh? That wasn't my intention...

Another coffee now and what else can I get done NOW this minute...

View attachment 46949
Hm, a lot of brain mulling going on during the night - don’t you just hate it when brain goes on and on and on - still, fence plan organised, post cards sorted and a fine painting produced - all life springs from the stars so flowers are good. Now put that Timothy Leary cook book away.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee. Boiler sounds much quieter now after being serviced. It had got quite noisy. British gas engineers on strike today so we were lucky to have got it done.

Was getting really worried about supplies of authentic Greek yogurt getting to the UK (I know that this is quite ridiculous to worry about such a minor problem at the moment with all that is going on in the world). However, have sorted it. This morning tried Yeo Valley organic Greek style yoghurt - it was absolutely delicious.

Luckily I spotted predictive texts effort to embarrass me before I pressed post reply. It had an interesting suggestion for organic.

Really windy and wet this morning. Ought to get going because first class is at 9.30am. Perhaps I might just have one more cup of coffee.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone from a bit of a damp start to this weeks International Bin Day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of home made chicken curry to brighten up a very wet day came in at 4.9 this am

It poured down yesterday - all day - even when drawing a breath it still came down. Stopped now but the sky still looks as full as a rain cornucopia. Hope that no one has experienced flooding. Anyone been pardoned today - no? Well you must have all been good.
Art today - fiddling about with colour - White rice paper, about 12 x 10 inches. Hope everyone is as well as they can be, @Muddy Cyclist - hope your trip went well. Koffy time.

upload_2021-1-20_8-36-32.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

A long day yesterday and travel conditions were horrendous and funeral we attended very disturbing under these Covid rules, not at all at ease in my mind today.

Covid jab day for me, still seems odd at 71 when so many older still waiting for their jab.

Will catch up on posts later.

Keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings all from a calm, dry. Swipeless part of Suffolk. Our old homelands are well and truly flooded and the news shows images of this area suffering. Hug for the hyperactive mind @gennepher, the hyperactive predictive text @Krystyna23040 (would have done wonders for the sale of Yeo Valley - Katz Deli moment) the journey and eulogy @Muddy Cyclist. Hugs, prayers and grateful thanks for all those ministering to the needs and providing dignity to those who lose their fight with C19. I assume they consent to be interviewed to show the deniers just how deadly is their nonsense - living, breathing proof of kenosis IMHO. Good news about Archie, the boiler, the postcards, the art, the chicken curry.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am furious.

With Muddy saying he had his jab today, I was wondering if there was any info at my 'doctorless surgery' about the Covid jab. So I looked into my Surgery's site to see if any information. Nothing there on the covid jab. But I logged into my name, and it tells me I have an appointment with a doctor on this Friday morning.
What appointment?
I have not asked for an appointment.
Nor has anyone written, nor emailed me, nor sent me a text, nor alerted me to say I have an appointment this Friday. The info besides it said they will not re-issue my prescription unless I attend this appointment, and in addition if I do not attend this appointment then my account is in jeopardy. Whatever that means? What account?
When I collect my repeat prescription there is a space at the bottom of the paper which tells you that you might have to attend a check up. But there has been nothing on that either.

So I delve further in the site and I discover I have a missed appointment from last October 2020. Again, what missed appointment? I was never given one. Neither by text, nor email, nor letter, nor on my prescription.
And in addition I did go in person to reception in the surgery last mid October about a query, and the receptionist looked at my files online, and said everything was fine (I cannot remember my query now...Edit, I remember the query now, it was for the flu jab). She didn't tell me about any October appointment then.
I did not have access to this online site then, I didn't register for it until November.

I cannot attend an appointment I knew nothing about.

Obviously I will attend on Friday.

I checked my account details. Email correct. Text number correct and it says text only. Address correct. Rest of details correct.

This could have left me up 's' creek if I hadn't looked in.

I am upset over this and the so called 'missed' appointment.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Caught up on posts, thanks to all for your concern and enquiries about my travel Tuesday, all went well although a boat may have been a better vehicle to travel in, so much rain and all the motorway gantry signs on the M4 were in Welsh, I am a supporter of keeping Welsh Language alive but Ganteey signs in Welsh on a motorway that was more like a river was taking the biscuit in my opinion.

Some fine art, @gennepher two nice night scenes from you, I like both. Sorry for all the stress you have endured over the last 48 hours.

@dunelm Back in the U.K. For awhile so Ducks in reeds drawing very appropriate. Liked the playing about with colour today a nice composition.

@geefull That's one very good painting you have turned out I really like that style and you have crafted it so well. Good news re your mom getting vaccine.

Need to get my act together today been dwelling on to all many past memories which is good but also sad.

I have two music recordings to do and send off so that will either help my state of mind or frustrate me depending on how they go.

Reactions: True Blue

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hm! Laptops and pc’s in general collect and gather a whole host of cloggy stuff over the years so once you are set up, perhaps have it cleaned up. When I used a laptop, I saved all files onto an external drive and kept the c and d drive as clean as I could and de-coked it every month end - treat like a vacuum cleaner and empty the bag often - they are pretty useless in that regard. Thank goodness for IPads and cloud storage (until it all goes wrong of course).
Yeah I have as much stored now in the cloud (use Dropbox, web-based email) and to be fair this beast of burden has lasted well for the last 6 years or so! I just pray that my MacBook Pro I use when I am on the road for tennis tournaments (if those days ever come again) just keeps going!

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swipey free Betnovate zone is doing well.. BioOil has its work cut out with marks left from the rock tape on the other arm.
Cave-dweller seems a bit moody - but I am sure he will get over it.

Knees benefited from the rest-day yesterday and I did not need to have to resort to soft supports to keep them from giving way.
Spinbike version of the C25K session and that seemed to go ok. Rest day tomorrow and then will try the cardio boxing and see how that works out for them. MUST make an effort to do at least the 10m Qi Gong at the weekend, if only for the strength to stay zen for the 'teenage-mood' from cave-dweller.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need a bottle of gin & tonic...

These automated systems which do not allow you to actually make an enquiry directly to your surgery (I have to go directly through the NHS itself with my surgery being a Doctorless one, and there is no direct communication with my actual surgery) are murderous.

I have just had to answer more than 20 pages of inane questions including what are my gambling habits and how bad are they, before it finally (eventually) led me to a box which had an inadequate amount of characters for my question about what was this appointment about on Friday.

There was no provision to actually make an enquiry. Just a list of items like doctors notes etc. I am on chat with a friend who is helping me. I am sending her screenshots. None of them she says. But there was nothing else. So we settle on the bottom box.

Then Popeye stood on my mobile because I had to look for my mobile number to insert it.
I'm on my Android and it is now making a call to me from me, because of what Popeye touched with his paw, and my Android would not let me stop the call or even turn my Android off.
Popeye's wrapping himself round my phone and I'm trying to stop him, and now I've got a transcripted voicemail to myself via email, of me fighting the cat for my phone...

He really pushed his luck just now....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished the first in my winter heathland watercolours. On Cannock Chase I liked the ice on the heathland ponds with reflections of dark grass and wintry sky. I will do two more in this series.

Watercolour A4 about 1 hour...

IMG_4374.JPG

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Happy Bin day Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. Me and me's have been a bit preoccupied this Morening. More of that later,

A 5.5 on that meter of mystery and misbehaving this morning.

I have been sorting out plinky plonky scales, broken chords and my woodworking order book on this wet day.

Some middle eastern bloke who says his name is Noah has been pestering me all morning to build him some sort boat with an extremely wide gangplank, he keeps giving me sizes in cubits and says he needs it urgently. He will not accept that the earliest I could start work on it would be June 31st. He keeps referring to his client as Al. Mighty whom he says will not accept any delay.
As regards to payment he says I will get my payment in the afterlife and does not like my answer which is seeing as I am already in the afterlife having had a liver transplant I would prefer cash and not Shekels either. I can see him paddlin his own canoe if he doesn't back off.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Happy Bin day Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. Me and me's have been a bit preoccupied this Morening. More of that later,

A 5.5 on that meter of mystery and misbehaving this morning.

I have been sorting out plinky plonky scales, broken chords and my woodworking order book on this wet day.

Some middle eastern bloke who says his name is Noah has been pestering me all morning to build him some sort boat with an extremely wide gangplank, he keeps giving me sizes in cubits and says he needs it urgently. He will not accept that the earliest I could start work on it would be June 31st. He keeps referring to his client as Al. Mighty whom he says will not accept any delay.
As regards to payment he says I will get my payment in the afterlife and does not like my answer which is seeing as I am already in the afterlife having had a liver transplant I would prefer cash and not Shekels either. I can see him paddlin his own canoe if he doesn't back off.
What a cheek! Hope you have a large enough garden for when the cargo starts to arrive. And some big shovels and wheelbarrow, mind you you should benefit from some good manure. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of interest Covid Jab was brilliantly organised. Walked in, short socially distanced managed queue, name taken and checked, three jab stations, good explanations of Oxford jab, no date for second but assured that I will be notified as stocks arrive. Asked about older people not getting jab yet and they say that all the 90 and 80 year olds in the three Health Centres that are run by their doctor with the NHS franchise are completely up to date and a good way through the 70 plus range and it's only Wednesday. So impressed with them for this as these are huge areas they cover with many patients on the books. My wife who attends a small village health centre not heard anything yet and apparently non of the 80 year olds have either. I do wonder what makes some successful and others so far behind.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

an 'orrible' weather morning today, started with frost and continued with light rain that fell and froze :sorry: There followed more rain and sleet but fortunately it warmed up a bit later on. :)

We didn't have so much ice in the village because of the sea but it was sheet ice everywhere by the time we got half way to town for the weekly shopping. Socks, boots and a big furry hat meant I cut a slightly bizarre figure in the aisles at Lidl :hilarious: never mind, I was warm :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - glad your feet are at least comparatively dry there :) my sister tells me that there is almost a river rolling down the road outside her house and she lives on a big hill.

@gennepher - hugs for all the hassles you are having the last couple of days. Hope you can find out more on Friday about why this c*ck up has happened.
Like your Vincent style colour palette, the 'flowers' remind me more of snowflakes, very like those we had this morning here, bright against the darker sky :)

@dunelm - Like the composition of your valley and especially your trees on the ridge the foreground, I'm working on trees myself at the moment, they're not easy. :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm glad you are back (hopefully) safely from your journey :)

I really like how the colours have worked in your finished painting, that gold and mauve duel lights up the sky. A fine painting :joyful:

art bit -
my version of a work from a New Zealand artist called Adrienne Pavelka, I love the way she pares things right back and the way she uses colour.

upload_2021-1-20_18-54-38.jpeg