home blood test what level to aim for

aard

So I restarted low carb diet after falling off wagon.

I am now averaging 5.2 before meals and at most I spike to 6.0 maybe 6.2 odd few times.

Is this any good? The sticky post would suggest so but so many posts have people aiming for less than 5.

The few times I am less than 5 I feel a bit hypo.

My GP surgery havent given me anything to aim for, they just tut tut when my h1 stayed the same at 49.

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pretty **** good without too much danger of hypos, wish I could get there.

aard

it wax easy/hard.

stopped all snacks ie ping milk, 10 pkts crips a day and lots of coke.
now only 3 meals a day.

Hard because Im struggling to eat more than 1200 - 1500 calories now I dont snack or eat more than 100g carbs.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
it wax easy/hard.

stopped all snacks ie ping milk, 10 pkts crips a day and lots of coke.
now only 3 meals a day.

Hard because Im struggling to eat more than 1200 - 1500 calories now I dont snack or eat more than 100g carbs.

Can't you eat meat (with the fat on), fatty fish, eggs, cheese, nuts or even avocado? All of those have plenty of healthy calories with few(er) carbs.
I can eat over 3000 calories per day (and often do) by over-eating cheese with olives and nuts. Yet I still generally still keep to less than 40gms of carbs per day.

aard

so i only eat white fish, is this fatty? ie cod ,pollack etc.
I dont like beef.
olives and nuts , yuck. I for e myself to eat salad so I reslly cant force myself to eat one more thing i hate.

I used to eat whole chickens for lunch and dinner, but now i find 100 - 200 grams of chicken fills me up.

I guess i will have to try and eat more fatty meat, i think i eat tto much lean meat.maybe pork belly and like.

Hotpepper20000

so i only eat white fish, is this fatty? ie cod ,pollack etc.
I dont like beef.
olives and nuts , yuck. I for e myself to eat salad so I reslly cant force myself to eat one more thing i hate.

I used to eat whole chickens for lunch and dinner, but now i find 100 - 200 grams of chicken fills me up.

I guess i will have to try and eat more fatty meat, i think i eat tto much lean meat.maybe pork belly and like.

nothing wrong with buying whole roasted chicken.
You can spend a couple of days eating it with some greens. Simple and yummy

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After you have taken the meat off it stuff the bones in a saucepan with any skin thats left over an onion and perhaps some garlic, cover with water and simmer for as long as you can. Strain and enjoy a homemade chicken soup.

Reactions: Ceppo