What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@wolfie11969 THANKS....Molly56 has fully recovered and an see very well now, my op was amazing did not hurt at all...like watching a light show , bit scratchy after op , sticky eye this morning ,but hey I can see very clear now.

Hope you and family are coping ok,telly hubby not to overdo it.
It all seems very surreal doesn’t it,no family coming this year for Christmas.sending gift boxes outhopeful of vaccine maybe in new year

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wolfie11969 THANKS....Molly56 has fully recovered and an see very well now, my op was amazing did not hurt at all...like watching a light show , bit scratchy after op , sticky eye this morning ,but hey I can see very clear now.

Hope you and family are coping ok,telly hubby not to overdo it.
It all seems very surreal doesn’t it,no family coming this year for Christmas.sending gift boxes outhopeful of vaccine maybe in new year

I'm pleased to hear you are both well.

And hubby doing it due to boredom I think. Only so much tv u can watch, or books you can read, or games you can play. saying that anyone heard of the Christmas game and where I can buy it?

And yes I'm keeping my ear to the news see if Boris is going to allow a few days 'off' so families can get together. Hubby seems to think if rules are not relaxed for Christmas then Boris and crew will find themselves out of a job and facing a new election. whether the contenders would have done a different job we dont know.

I'm busy wrapping gifts for the children and hoping we can see them. I promised the wee one that Santa would bring her a dolls house, yes now I've got to wrap it and its big and wooden and heavy so my little hands cant cope with it. Dining table for that one. I bought it with a treehouse and a farmhouse and all because I want to play lol. Never had a dolls house of my own.

I wish you both a good day, I'm off to see what's to eat

streem26

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Mattress for the guest room is delivered, and I've made the bed, twice. The first time had a cat in it. Now I'm sitting down because my ankle is loud.
Then I'll make gluten-free brownies and freeze them for Thanksgiving dessert and greeting cards with kids.

Last edited:

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Sorry I've not been around, had a serious flare up of back pain so couldnt sit too long, couldnt stand too long and was spaced out on pain relief.

Sort of back to normal, well have to be as looking after the wee one tomorrow before taking her to the hospital to meet mummy because she now has her pump and mummy needs to know how to use it and I will then go in and little one will be shown where the pump goes etc. Bit nervous because it means a bus journey and also I will be doing little one's insulin which due to lockdown and the tier stages I havent done for a while.

I hope all are well and getting ready for Santa.

Shame this thread lost out to a competitor lol.

Best wishes to whoever still comes in here

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello all.just at Maldon with molly 56,freezing cold an foggy still,she manages a volunteer garden group and almost all of them turned up (9) they do a great job tending the grounds and flower beds.gives them a job to do and fellow gardeners to chat and have a tea an biccie with,I think it really helps them to stay in touch with each other ,

Reactions: wolfie11969

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well little one now has her pump. Pretty clever stuff.

Her treat was a bag of chocolate buttons and the insulin to help them went through all ok. Little one was so pleased to get the buttons as she isnt usually allowed chocolate for obvious reasons.

Here's hoping it's a whole new future for her.

Thankyou to the diabetic research teams that have made this possible and the local hospital for getting the funding for a 3 year old to lead a nearly perfect life

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@wolfie11969,Thats good news re little one.....just in time for Xmas treatshope your health improves for Xmas or Hubby will have to do all the cooking and entertaining
Myself and molly56 are having a quiet Xmas together our 4th ..2nd as hubby and wife

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wolfie11969,Thats good news re little one.....just in time for Xmas treatshope your health improves for Xmas or Hubby will have to do all the cooking and entertaining
Myself and molly56 are having a quiet Xmas together our 4th ..2nd as hubby and wife

Flare ups Mr Clive due to weight gain. Need to get myself in hand. I'm not too bad today but yesterday I was bad but used pain relief and heat which meant I could get to see the wee darlings. Those pumps are tough things as the wee one was trampolining over the sofa

And congratulations to you two. Have a lovely day together. I'd say watch some tv but doesnt seem to be much on.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Nothing that a bit of turkey then plum pudding and brandy cream won’t put right...
Here’s to you and your’s Have a great Xmas

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

Well its depressing news and I cant help wonder what it will do for my mental health. I'm fed up with covid now and cant see the end of the tunnel.

BUT

we have the good fortune to have family close and will be able to see something of them on Christmas Day so I guess it is what it is. Looks like the shops should do a sale or return on items bought when Boris said yes, but is now saying no. Anyone reckon its possible lol?

I'm not sure if I will be back again before Christmas Day so I'll wish you all

a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

from wolfie and pack xx

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

We have the dreaded white stuff falling from our sky. Started yesterday and has restarted this morning. Good job I have no plans to do anything.

I've been working my way through Stargate series, on series 3 at the moment. Gives me something to do in amongst the movies I've been watching.

I hope you all had a peaceful Christmas and hope that the New Year brings something better for us all.

I havent seen my youngest girl for a while as her and hubby have covid. Hubby probably picked it up from the hospital although daughter does use public transport so just as likely. with daughter being pregnant, and newly pregnant it is now all a matter of changing appointments and keeping her home and occupied. She's currently working her way through House. (never seeen it )

So

Happy New Year

to you all

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon all

Hope we are all well. Things ok in my world. Little one and mom doing ok with the pump although the sensor not so much. Seems to be a sensitive piece of kit.

Christmas came and went. New Year came and went.

We've just had to turn down work on our property due to lockdown (they still wanted to come out :shifty:)

Been on child minding duties a couple of days as my daughter is finding it tough on her own. As we're her support bubble we allowed to have the children for childcare issues.

Hoping the coming week brings us some better weather, lots of snow, frost and ice in the Midlands.

Have a good week all

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello peeps, same here...cold and frosty,no snow yet,just seem to be hunkered down ad infinitum.....days and weeks just rolling into one long break.
Plenty to do around house and greenhouse ,new plants and seeds to plant and start off,and when whether warms ,more decking and new shed to put up , bicycle stove to make from old shed,main bedroom to redecorate......phew,
Yep,Xmas was nice and quiet here,new yew ditto.
@wolfie11969,glad you can get together with daughter and granddaughter and be a bubble,must give her and granddaughter a lot of help and confidence,it’s a learning curve with the pumps and sensors,sounds like your doing well though
Let’s hope vaccine roll out gets us out of this lockdown nightmare

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Killing time at the moment. Home alone to my own devices and thats dangerous.

Thinking about a bowl of porridge but know I'll lose it to the dog ha ha.

News is on, depressing.

Anyone broke their new years resolutions? I dint make any cus I do break them. I just vowed to be healthier this year.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon all

How are we all doing? Anyone bored?

All OK with my lot. Been problems accessing items for the pump and sensor for the wee one. Apprently it got 'stuck somewhere the other side of the Channel'

Seen the little girls once a week for childcare. Havent seen my youngest daughter since before Christmas. She's having problems getting appointments at the locla maternity hospital due to a midwife forgetting to put her forms in. So daughter now panicking as shes on a timescale to get some tests in for baby.

Started a new health kick, armchair exercises. Good fun

Have a good week everyone

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello peeps, just another day of the lockdown carryon,down the shed making bird boxes for gardening group
IMG_1731.jpg
this one is for small birds like bluetits,hope your all well

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to
@Cumberland
@Molly56
@Clivethedrive

and to everyone else

All OK in Wolfie's world. Keeping buy between exercise in the home, book reading and watching tv. Rewatched Dunkirk last night that we recorded from Christmas. It was OK I guess. I had seen it before but didnt enjoy it. I cant get to terms with these films that are split through out the day and night and then mixed up.

I expect most f us have had a sprinkling or so of the good old cold white stuff. We've had about 3 inches so its interesting getting off the estate. The dog loves it, keeps running around the garden like something is after him.

I hope everyne is well and keeping warm in these silly times. I feel for those that would usually be at work and now find themselves juggling heating bills, work at home, families and trying to keep up the motivation to keep all plates spinning.

Have a good week