FB_IMG_1610708057301.jpg

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling

I might be becoming numb to pain. There are things that I know should really hurt and I’m just not feeling them. It makes me nervous. I know I need to discuss it with my doctor. But it’s just pain that I don’t feel. I do feel things on my fingers and toes. So I don’t know...

I hit a deer the other day with my work van. I felt terrible for the animal- watched it bounce of the front of my vehicle and bend around a sign post. It didn’t move after that. It’s messed up the front sensors in the van, so I’m driving my Jeep until the van can be repaired.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Jollymon It's awful when you hit an animal. You never forget it. I'm so sorry. I hit a dog years ago that ran out in front of me from an alley. It died as soon as I got it to emergency. In my case I never drove down that street again and took an alternate route but that was easy to do.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
I’m going to try to get really motivated and program a new pump with the settings on my old pump. Yawn!

There are a million other things that I’d much rather do than this.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Rainy weather due all week. It's hard to tell what that means here as it likes to pour for 5 minutes at a time. So that counts as rain for the day. Sometimes a storm can actually rain for 30 minutes, stop for 60 minutes and then rain for 5 minutes. Every once in a while we get an actual storm that rains quite a bite for a few days.

This is mostly supposed to be missing and passing under us and hitting all the other islands. It does look to be cloudier for the week. But it depends which channel you watch or website you look at lol.

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
So for a storm that gave us high winds yesterday and supposedly was really passing under us, flooding other islands yesterday and then only a small amount of rain due except chance of thunderstorms and more rain during that. We are getting tons of rain and no thunderstorms. Lots and lots of rain.

My husband almost got trapped on the north shore as he went to a dentists appointment and right before he was due to cross the bridge they announced they are closing the bridge into town. The river floods easy so they close the bridge in major rain.

We have another bridge I am waiting to end up getting closed that will cut off half the island. We have one road that goes around the island. Any other roads go off of that one road. It crosses several rivers and they always have to close the road for any repair. The ocean has washed away a small parking lot next to a major river over the past 6 months and the ocean is now only about 20-30 feet of sand bar away from the road.The bridge already needs repairs now. They are working on figuring out what to do lol...............in the meantime.........

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad your husband got back ok. Hope the rain stops soon. We've had heavy rain all day, and the winds have picked up this eve. Just hope that those who live in areas that are at risk of flooding are ok. It must be awful to be flooded under normal circumstances, but with covid situation as well, it just makes everything so much harder.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, as weather seems to be the main topic at the moment I'll add my two penn'orth. The rain forecast for here in my part of Somerset yesterday materialised as no more htan a couple of short spells of mizzle. However, lots more forecast for today. I feel so sorry for those people in areas where the threat of flooding is very real. Hope you all stay safe and dry.

Had a phone review with my GP yesterday. He saw the results of the blood tests I had done for the hospital phone consultation tomorrow and a couple of things were slightly questionable so we spoke. I found doing this by phone quite unsatisfactory; for whatever reason it felt as if we didn't have a proper discussion, especially about some things which may or may not be diabetes related. Anyway, we'll see how it goes with the consultant tomorrow, and at least my GP didn't argue at all with my decision to take a rest from statins to see what happens. He simply said they're recommended for people with diabetes because of the link between diabetes and cardio-vascular problems and strokes (?), but it was of course my decision to make. Also, when I said that I'd seen some studies which show that low cholesterol may be detrimental for older people, he said he hadn't seen any that mentioned this. I might send him a link.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
There is a reason when I prebolus that I like to set my phones timer. This afternoon I bolused so I could have some vanilla soymilk. After I bolused my hubby decided to run some errands and I decided to go with, completely forgetting that I had taken some insulin. My alerts started going off while in the car (passenger luckily, easier) and it took me a few seconds to realize duh.................and instead of my soymilk ,I'm downing half of the vegan candy bar that I carry with me as one of my more stay with me bailouts when needed. It was good, don't get me wrong, but that spontaneous stuff has to be watched out for!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all, I hope you're doing ok and staying safe.
After yesterday's stormy weather I managed to get out today. as I did have a foot appointment, I have bone spurs in my right foot and it looks like the left foot, heel area, has gone the same way, but afterwards went for a lovely walk through gardens near my home and the council have cleaned it up. The stream is clear, grass cut, and bushes and trees trimmed, it looked and felt very spring like. BG's not been too bad at all, still not working and been doing knitting, sanding down and painting an outer door, and reading lots of books too. :bookworm:

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, had my telephone appointment with the consultant yesterday. So much beter than with my GP! He really listened to me, and whilst he's happy with my results we discussed several things that I wanted to talk about and consider changing, and he was genuinely helpful and supportive. He's going to contact my GP as I'm going to try Fiasp instead of Humalog, he told me that a thyroid drug I used to take and which I'd like to take again is unlikely to be prescribed by my GP as it's expensive and my CCG doesn't by and large approve it. He's not happy about that but unsurprisingly has no power to change it, and suggested an alternative option (which my GP hadn't). After saying that we'd meet/talk in a year, his final words were that if there was anything at all I was concerned about before then, I shoiuld contact him, and the great thing is I believe he really meant it. Such a change from the first time I started seeing a consultant.

Hope you're all well and getting some of the sunshine we're having in Somerset today.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all! I am still around! Just spending far too much working time online or on computers so very disinclined to use devices for other reasons. I really do need a general eyecheck and a new prescription for glasses.

Here's hoping 2 days a week back in the workplace from Monday restores some life balance as we are deliberately not spending time at computers. Just doing one day this week was so good.

Reactions: karen8967