What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning..
Swipey free and back on track for a day of clipping up radio segments. Cave Dweller has barely spaketh a word, indeed I have barely seen him since asking him firmly to pull his weight a little with the cleaning. He might be a moody muppet but... he has put his pile of recycling out and the surfaces, sink etc and even his toilet have looked a little cleaner this week so maybe being shamed into cleaning up has hit home but he is prone to having a bit of a sulk.

Anyway he is moping around in the house at the moment and I don't know if he is going into work late or not but I have to get a load of stuff done so too bad.

Actually he need not cross me today - sleepless night after what is proving to be a ridinkidonkly expensive month. Managing agent for late mum's bungalow rang with the bad news that the utility room roof needs to be taken off and fixed after much leaking due to torrential rain, and also that the tenants need a secure lock on the outer patio door. Car now needs a service and trying to get Mini dealership across town to take any notice is too much effort, so in a bid to support local, I am taking it in to the local garage that replaced the battery, especially as now I know that the Mini dealership delivers Mini parts to them for services! Saves me £30 in user fees getting back and going to pick up the car again!

Then to cap all THAT off... a tennis friend messaged me chastising me for not having been in contact with Depressed Friend. After several deleted attempts at replying... in the end I thanked her for bringing it to my attention, admitted that I had not reached out since after Christmas but pointed out I had told DF that I was going to try and focus on my portfolio before the Aussie swing (re)starts at the end of the month, so it should hardly have been a shock to her that I had gone to ground.

I also pointed out I haven't slept a proper night of sleep in months, worrying for how I am going to be able to afford to live but said I also told DF that I was sorry I had not been there for her as much as previous years since lockdown. Also pointed out for good measure that I wake up in arthritic pain EVERY day but toil away regardless. I got a trite message back apologising for not realising what was going on. Annoying to have to do that but also annoyed as heck that DF is now slating me to other chums from our tennis group. Either way, not in a hurry to reach out until after mid-Feb, when I will be hopefully up to date with the portfolio, and full steam ahead on trying to track down a part time admin role somewhere.

Only good thing this week was finally getting the courage to have a video call with a guy I met on an over 50s dating site. He didn't seem totally repulsed by my being in work-at-home gear and hopefully another chat on Sunday.

Oh and I bought a putting practice gadget so going to liberate the putter from the bomb shelter!

Chastised, yet listened...sounds good

Hug for the roof, and local for the car ..nice.

It's a relationship that should be mutually beneficial, they offer good friendly local service you get an honest opinion and hopefully an understanding Listen to your concerns.

And dealerships. ..mmmhh.

Fair play on courage for going "el chillax" mode on site.
Too much b's out there already.

Good luck.
Worst way, might just make a new friend.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.8 yesterday and 4.6 today

I will catch up on all yesterday's posts later ;)

Mum's jab went off ok. Very well organised, in through the back door of the clinic and then out through the main door. She had the Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine.

When we left mum's after lunch it was snowing the biggest snowflakes I've seen in along time, like pocket handkerchiefs, beautiful and impressive (if I'm inside that is ;) :hilarious:).
Mr gee drove us home, I'm not bad at driving on dodgy roads but I don't like heavy blowing snow, years ago I got stuck in a snowdrift in a howling blizzard and that stays with you. The snow soon stopped and went off today though and we managed a village walk in a gap in the weather, cold but beautiful.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - I'm a fan of roasted salmon with herb and lemon butter and a big side salad myself but mr gee isn't keen, he got too much poached salmon as a child visiting his Scottish granny :sorry:

@dunelm - interesting dry brush technique, it's produced a pleasing composition.

@gennepher - hugs for the appointment frustration and good for you for sending a letter about it. Although you don't find your picture restful today it's striking and has a brooding quality, I like it, the colours through the centre are beautiful.

@Muddy Cyclist - that icy edged mere has worked very well and as ever your handling of the foreground foliage is very effective. I'll go back and look at yesterday's later :) I often find my own 'art' looks different to me on reflection.

art bit -
Mist gathering across the water of the firth.

View attachment 46987

Glad it went well for your mum @geefull

Snow is nice to see when you are indoors!

Thanks for the compliments about my painting.

I love your gentle painting, especially with the rose hued clouds and its reflection on the water...

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
FBG 7.2 mmo/lt at 0630 hrs.
Headache half the night. Temp. 36.0 C. Alcohol? NO. Need new reading glasses, yes but several hours since reading. Too much caffeine during day, Coffee and Diet Coke? Dehydrated?
Will drink 'plenty of water, no Diet Coke, and go for an exercise walk.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1 at 2am

I woke up, and thinking about this GP letter to write fully woke me up.
But I had gone to bed at 6pm (felt sleepy), so I have had my 8 hours.

Yesterday I collected my medicines and because it was such a beautiful clear day with the sun was out first thing, instead of coming straight back home the short way, I drove the slightly longer way home.There were very few cars out. And then when I got on higher land, I could see snow covered Snowdonia. That was very uplifting. It was a very bright clear day.

Coming back home, a stream had burst its banks, flooded houses, so a detour was needed. I came back through some ancient woodlands which was glorious with the sunlight coming through the trees. I was glad I took that route back home. It gave me ideas for paintings.

So, when I woke up at 2am I began work on this digital painting. It is not finished. It never will be. It was painted while I was doing my thinking processes on this GP letter to the Practice Manager. And also an online friend who is often online at those hours invited me to chat. So I told her about the GP letter and what led up to it. Her opinion was that I was wasting my time. I had also told her about the so called missed appointments in 2019 which was on my account in the appointments section, but none of these appointments had ever been given me, and they are with people (none of them Doctor's names, but women's names beginning with Ms or Mrs Somebody or other) I have never heard of. There are 6 of them.

My online friend said I was wasting my time, that the GP surgery would insist that I had been sent them. But I keep copies of ALL my prescriptions, and I looked at the 2019 ones, and there is nothing on any of them to tell me I had any appointments in 2019. In addition I keep all the texts I have had from that GP surgery, they have notified me by text in the past. But there are no notifications on these so called no show missed appointments that I was supposed to have had.

My online friend told me to forget it, and that it wasn't worth bringing any of this up, and was only going to cause trouble for me.

So this digital painting was being painted as I am talking on chat with my online friend, and as I am thinking about what I want to say and how I say it.

Just a bit of further information on my doctorless surgery. When I had that traumatic appointment with that nurse who changed my pessary last September '20, and she caused excessive bleeding (oh and by the way, that appointment is NOT on the list of appointments I had in 2020, I wonder why?), and that was when I found out this was a doctorless surgery, I researched online when I got home, with the aid of another online friend. She was very good at finding and unearthing stuff.

What we discovered was that there was something called e-consult, and this is marketed as the online solution for NHS run GP practises, which in English means for doctorless practices. Now, I have NEVER had a letter or any information at any time from my GP practice of any of this or the new way to do things.

My GP practice in early 2019 still had about 6 GP's and some part-time GP's. Now it is run through e-Consult, which means filling in this NHS site form with a million tick boxes as you try to self diagnose your problem. As I found out a couple of days ago while I tried to navigate it to send a message to my GP practice to ask about this appointment I have never been notified of. And the site insisted I answered 20 pages of most inappropriate questions, including of my gambling habits which they asked in every way possible, before it would allow me to access a box of very limited characters to use.

Yesterday I did a bit more digging online because someone suggested I get a different GP. Alas no. This is not possible. Why? Because it would make no difference to my current situation. I found out yesterday that there are now 6 doctorless surgeries in my local area. They are all run by NHS e-Consult for the NHS run GP practices. There are no actual GP' run practices in this area.

If each of those had 6 GP's then that is 36 GP's out of a job or retired, and it means there are 36 GP's that do not need training now to replace them. This is just my local area.

I also found out that the person who invented/created/designed this e-Consult system, intended it for busy GP practices to help with their workload. It was NEVER intended to be a replacement for a a GP surgery.

This is now sounding like a people-less robot medical healthcare experiment for my area.

So here is my digital painting for today. Within it is my thoughts and feelings, and processes of thought about my GP (less) Practice.

65381AEE-6F57-4F23-9417-CF3E556BE712.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
FBG 7.2 mmo/lt at 0630 hrs.
Headache half the night. Temp. 36.0 C. Alcohol? NO. Need new reading glasses, yes but several hours since reading. Too much caffeine during day, Coffee and Diet Coke? Dehydrated?
Will drink 'plenty of water, no Diet Coke, and go for an exercise walk.

I hope you sort out that headache soon.
Sounds a good plan @True Blue

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher this whole doctor less surgery saga sounds horrific to deal with! Well done for the perseverance of digging away at information and I think you need to keep digging and probing, even though it does mess with the rhythms!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1 at 2am

I woke up, and thinking about this GP letter to write fully woke me up.
But I had gone to bed at 6pm (felt sleepy), so I have had my 8 hours.

Yesterday I collected my medicines and because it was such a beautiful clear day with the sun was out first thing, instead of coming straight back home the short way, I drove the slightly longer way home.There were very few cars out. And then when I got on higher land, I could see snow covered Snowdonia. That was very uplifting. It was a very bright clear day.

Coming back home, a stream had burst its banks, flooded houses, so a detour was needed. I came back through some ancient woodlands which was glorious with the sunlight coming through the trees. I was glad I took that route back home. It gave me ideas for paintings.

So, when I woke up at 2am I began work on this digital painting. It is not finished. It never will be. It was painted while I was doing my thinking processes on this GP letter to the Practice Manager. And also an online friend who is often online at those hours invited me to chat. So I told her about the GP letter and what led up to it. Her opinion was that I was wasting my time. I had also told her about the so called missed appointments in 2019 which was on my account in the appointments section, but none of these appointments had ever been given me, and they are with people (none of them Doctor's names, but women's names beginning with Ms or Mrs Somebody or other) I have never heard of. There are 6 of them.

My online friend said I was wasting my time, that the GP surgery would insist that I had been sent them. But I keep copies of ALL my prescriptions, and I looked at the 2019 ones, and there is nothing on any of them to tell me I had any appointments in 2019. In addition I keep all the texts I have had from that GP surgery, they have notified me by text in the past. But there are no notifications on these so called no show missed appointments that I was supposed to have had.

My online friend told me to forget it, and that it wasn't worth bringing any of this up, and was only going to cause trouble for me.

So this digital painting was being painted as I am talking on chat with my online friend, and as I am thinking about what I want to say and how I say it.

Just a bit of further information on my doctorless surgery. When I had that traumatic appointment with that nurse who changed my pessary last September '20, and she caused excessive bleeding (oh and by the way, that appointment is NOT on the list of appointments I had in 2020, I wonder why?), and that was when I found out this was a doctorless surgery, I researched online when I got home, with the aid of another online friend. She was very good at finding and unearthing stuff.

What we discovered was that there was something called e-consult, and this is marketed as the online solution for NHS run GP practises, which in English means for doctorless practices. Now, I have NEVER had a letter or any information at any time from my GP practice of any of this or the new way to do things.

My GP practice in early 2019 still had about 6 GP's and some part-time GP's. Now it is run through e-Consult, which means filling in this NHS site form with a million tick boxes as you try to self diagnose your problem. As I found out a couple of days ago while I tried to navigate it to send a message to my GP practice to ask about this appointment I have never been notified of. And the site insisted I answered 20 pages of most inappropriate questions, including of my gambling habits which they asked in every way possible, before it would allow me to access a box of very limited characters to use.

Yesterday I did a bit more digging online because someone suggested I get a different GP. Alas no. This is not possible. Why? Because it would make no difference to my current situation. I found out yesterday that there are now 6 doctorless surgeries in my local area. They are all run by NHS e-Consult for the NHS run GP practices. There are no actual GP' run practices in this area.

If each of those had 6 GP's then that is 36 GP's out of a job or retired, and it means there are 36 GP's that do not need training now to replace them. This is just my local area.

I also found out that the person who invented/created/designed this e-Consult system, intended it for busy GP practices to help with their workload. It was NEVER intended to be a replacement for a a GP surgery.

This is now sounding like a people-less robot medical healthcare experiment for my area.

So here is my digital painting for today. Within it is my thoughts and feelings, and processes of thought about my GP (less) Practice.

View attachment 46994
Hug for crazy NHS going internet based I your area. Winner for an uplifting early morning painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher this whole doctor less surgery saga sounds horrific to deal with! Well done for the perseverance of digging away at information and I think you need to keep digging and probing, even though it does mess with the rhythms!
I still recall @RFSMarch in the 1970's when my young son had bad asthma, was unconscious by the time my doctor came to our house in the middle of the night. My doctor, at that time, was a very elderly gentleman, and he had taken the time to dress himself (even for his midnight visit) in the old fashioned manner you see in 1920's films, with frock coat, spats, and the most incredibly white triangular starched collar, before he came. He was immaculate. He even had that over large doctor's bag with absolutely everything in it. I had to carry my son downstairs and place him on the the oak dining room table. My two girls looked in amazement at this apparition. But this gentleman revived my son, got him breathing better again, and gave me medicines from his bag. And he came again the next day to check him over.

How do we go from that, in the 70's, to this in 2021 of peopleless healthcare, in less than 50 years?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Saturday everyone. My standard Friday salmon and avo salad produced a 4.5 on Swipey at 5.57 this morning. Best I can make of that is this should be a safe landing place but there is always doubt and usually room for improvement. Yesterday's ride sounds uplifting @gennepher then the disquieting findings from e-Consult research. Hug for headache @True Blue. Group hug for the generally sub-optimal here and now. I'm going for the sport, poetry, exercise bike, chicken and avo salad method of restitution for my part in all this. Who knows, it may work - will I need a drink offering? To be continued - hopefully.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me this snowy day.

Yesmore snow and on very frozen ground so not getting out of our street today and son is supposed to be shoeing mRs MCs horse, not going to happen.

A day of art music and another Recorder Quartet piece to virtually record. A Log fire day, glad I chopped some wood yesterday.

Keep safe and fill your day as best you are able.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I still recall @RFSMarch in the 1970's when my young son had bad asthma, was unconscious by the time my doctor came to our house in the middle of the night. My doctor, at that time, was a very elderly gentleman, and he had taken the time to dress himself (even for his midnight visit) in the old fashioned manner you see in 1920's films, with frock coat, spats, and the most incredibly white triangular starched collar, before he came. He was immaculate. He even had that over large doctor's bag with absolutely everything in it. I had to carry my son downstairs and place him on the the oak dining room table. My two girls looked in amazement at this apparition. But this gentleman revived my son, got him breathing better again, and gave me medicines from his bag. And he came again the next day to check him over.

How do we go from that, in the 70's, to this in 2021 of peopleless healthcare, in less than 50 years?
Poor investment, increased population and Intelligent Technology.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Family situation yesterday dented my progress on the clips. Felt a bit cornered to help so had to talk to other family and make it clear I cannot afford to engage new solicitors to close this ongoing probate situation out for a mentally challenged cousin. We are all her powers of attorney - them for finance as they live close by, and me as a substitute for health and welfare.

The benefit of naming me (as the former named executor wants to throw this challenged cousin into a home) is that I am a blood relative and he has a bee in his bonnet about the other family members being involved. He has NO CLUE who I am but he is not averse to calling around in Mauritius to find people's numbers and then calling them to shout and bully them into his way of thinking.

Still - after yet another sleepless night fretting about work and money - I wake up this morning feeling that I have been backed into a corner to do this. Needless to say if this guy does get my number (not many on on my late father's side have my details or even know where I live), he will get pretty short shrift from me.

I am almost relieved at the prospect of doing Aussie hours and might even do it for the full three weeks just to avoid dealing with this bully.

Families, eh!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who ponder the vagaries of blood sugar management, give me quantum mechanics any day.

A surprising 4.9 on that meter this morning grrrrr, time to break out the sliderule again to calculate insulin doses.

Me and me's have a physically active morning planned in the garden climbing ladders etc which will lower my blood sugars further, it's going to be a fine balancing act, no pun about ladders required, anyway onwards and upwards, whoops puns are breaking out everywhere.

Have a great day fellow posters, painters and gamers.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
@gennepher
Given your predicament with your doctors and requirements for medical cover, it might be time to move into another health area.
Just a thought and probably a very impractical one at that.
Me and me's wish you all the best in your battles.

Edit: thanks for all the artwork you post.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a crisp yet bright morning here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of moules and a few frites came in at 5.6 this am.
Park was open yesterday but a bit of a mess. Water level in lake had dropped about 2 feet, leaving mud and debris on paths and verges (not vergers ). Water birds having a whale of a time. Looking at some parts of the feeder stream, a bit of dredging might be needed quite soon.
Kimchi making - now sat in the larder gently bubbling.
Youngest son’s birthday yesterday so a video linked birthday tea with grandchildren insisting on candles on cake and lights out for the birthday song - champion.
Art today - some more dry brush pushing - this time using a wolf hair brush - it’s quite a stiff brush. Hope everyone has a splendid Saturday. Koffy.
upload_2021-1-23_9-0-1.jpeg