Do you recommend based nutritional info

pkumar

I have been eating daily attached product mixed with water and milk. One teaspoon of attached product mixed with hotwater and milk. Based on nutritional, im thinking that carb is high. Do you suggest to drop. Thoughts?

pkumar

20210123_143404.jpg

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
One teaspoon is normally about 5g, maybe 10g if fully heaped, so we're only taling 4-7g of carbs..... Probably not too lethal. But if the milk is low fat you may be having too many carbs in the milk.

But reading the blurb, they seem to be advising it as a cereal alternative, and T2s generally don't do well with cereals.

I guess the real question is, why are you taking it? Fibre, vitamins? Do you like the taste?

Reactions: pkumar

pkumar

One teaspoon is normally about 5g, maybe 10g if fully heaped, so we're only taling 4-7g of carbs..... Probably not too lethal. But if the milk is low fat you may be having too many carbs in the milk.

But reading the blurb, they seem to be advising it as a cereal alternative, and T2s generally don't do well with cereals.

I guess the real question is, why are you taking it? Fibre, vitamins? Do you like the taste?
Thank you all. Will drop this immediately. Since recently diagnosed, learning doea and dont

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Thank you all. Will drop this immediately. Since recently diagnosed, learning does and dont

Most recently diagnosed people try all sorts of things (often things they realise later weren't advisable) while they are trying to work out what is going on.

The usual advice is DON'T PANIC!
Followed by the suggestion that it can take about 6 months to fully get a grip on what is good and bad for you.

I did all sorts of strange things just after diagnosis including eating loads of muesli and fruit (because "healthy") before being told just how much carbohydrate and sugar I was eating, and that it might not be a good idea.