What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

I fell asleep, iPad in my hands while doing this digital painting. 3hours later woke up, iPad still in my hands. Cat is trying to wrestle the iPad off me. I feed cat. Check if I still have digital painting. I DO!

It is not finished again, so this is a quick 5 min 'finish' on what the iPad kindly saved for me.

I need to get back to my upturned bedroom. Why? Because last night when I went to bed, I discovered that the humidifier I need to have on because of my dry eyes when central heating is on, had caused damp and some mould. And then I knocked over my hot Apple cider vinegar drink with inulin in it (sticky stuff) all over some important drawers and my bedding. So my bedroom looks like devastation has hit it. I now need to clean, wash bedding, deal with mould, leave my bedroom window open 24/7 again, and so on and so on...

No rest for the wicked...but I've been good...honest!

Here we are, 'finished' unfinished painting in Procreate...

C35DC5F5-C5F6-4ECC-908A-63FF1E8833C1.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, it’s a bit frosty here in the dark and dangerous north so expecting to have a crunchy walk later this morning.
The wonder wheel of some wonderful grilled tuna with a pea shoot salad came in at 4.8 this am.

Interesting banter about things engineering lately - what a diverse thread this is. Our daughter is the office manager at a precision engineering company. She has worked in that industry since leaving school and although now running projects in the office can work all the machinery and turn out all sorts of widgets and thingamybobs when the need arises. Her latest project was our 1 year old granddaughter, her best one yet.

picture today - practicing birds on my roll of backing paper - I also had a go on scraps of rice paper but they came out like the crazed experiments of a taxidermist. Never mind. I can have more goes today. Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday. Koffy time.

View attachment 47016
This is great @dunelm
The starlings are sitting on all the branches of my half dozen cherry trees at this minute. Any moment will be a murmuration of starlings taking flight...

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning
Better night's sleep and been up working. Will go and do some batch cooking today - Thai sweet potato and courgette soup and a kidney bean makhani for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.
New laptop brought home from local dealership and great service to help me get it up and working with the two screens I use - recommended him on Next door neighbourhood app and hopefully might be able to help them out with social media etc. Guy serves schools etc and reckons he can get a good discount from Apple so I am just praying the MacBook keeps going for one more year and then IF I am ever able to get back on the road I can get a new one and recycle this one I am using back with Apple themselves for some money back.

Films, cooking, and back into routine of training ahead of physio appointment at the end of the month and see what I can feasibly continue to do. I might have to be stuck at Week 3 of a C25K for a while but will see what else the physio recommends.

Fear the waistline has suffered as I keep losing and putting on the same few pounds and noticeable how no trudging around a golf course has slowed up that progress a lot. 4-5 miles at least once a week was doing wonders for the waistline (not necessarily for the blood pressure).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I fell asleep, iPad in my hands while doing this digital painting. 3hours later woke up, iPad still in my hands. Cat is trying to wrestle the iPad off me. I feed cat. Check if I still have digital painting. I DO!

It is not finished again, so this is a quick 5 min 'finish' on what the iPad kindly saved for me.

I need to get back to my upturned bedroom. Why? Because last night when I went to bed, I discovered that the humidifier I need to have on because of my dry eyes when central heating is on, had caused damp and some mould. And then I knocked over my hot Apple cider vinegar drink with inulin in it (sticky stuff) all over some important drawers and my bedding. So my bedroom looks like devastation has hit it. I now need to clean, wash bedding, deal with mould, leave my bedroom window open 24/7 again, and so on and so on...

View attachment 47017
A busy day for you today then - yep, that inulin is sticky stuff. Still, you have produced an interesting unfinished picture - there is light at the end of the forest.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.2 for me today. Good old Tuna Steak cooked in a rich Italian Home made sauce msuthave a hand in this number.

Morning started with a tremendous rumbling boom that shuck the house and rattled our windows. Thank goodness for the internet to get answers from, information is a controlled explosion demolished a Chimney at a power station in Trent Valley.

More music to record, our Recorder Quartet leader must have got on top of all his things to do and is now being prolific at arranging pieces for us to record. Still keeps our hand in.

Very cold and a walk not bike ride before lunch as we have a virtual family gathering for Sunday Lunch.

Keep safe and warm.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s a bit frosty here in the dark and dangerous north so expecting to have a crunchy walk later this morning.
The wonder wheel of some wonderful grilled tuna with a pea shoot salad came in at 4.8 this am.

Interesting banter about things engineering lately - what a diverse thread this is. Our daughter is the office manager at a precision engineering company. She has worked in that industry since leaving school and although now running projects in the office can work all the machinery and turn out all sorts of widgets and thingamybobs when the need arises. Her latest project was our 1 year old granddaughter, her best one yet.

picture today - practicing birds on my roll of backing paper - I also had a go on scraps of rice paper but they came out like the crazed experiments of a taxidermist. Never mind. I can have more goes today. Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday. Koffy time.

View attachment 47016
Branching out with your artistic talents, some fine birds on sticks, I'm impressed how you have managed to get character into each face. Good gold on those leaves and a pleasing wash for the background.

Clever lass your daughter.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen please don't be offended if you are not in these categories, but greetings all the same.

A 5.8 this morning.

Darn sarf we seem to have a little snow and there was silly me and me's thinking snow only occurred norf of Watford in the lands known as the dark and dangerous norf.

My plans for today are a mystery, but I'm wondering which one of me's has possession of my single brain cell. Until the brain cell is located drinking tea and koffy is the only safe thing to do.

Have a great day fellow posters, painters and gamers.
Stay safe, stay warm and make snowmen or snowladies.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There's an uncontrolled bush fire near my daughter and family in Oz.
Conditions are dangerous and firefighters are now unable to prevent the fire spreading. Nothing is safe.
She is in the path of it.
She has packed the car and kids and leaving now. Many people are unable to leave the immediate vicinity, even to drive, because the heat will kill them before the flames reach them.
I am trying to track the bush fire, and her...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There's an uncontrolled bush fire near my daughter and family in Oz.
Conditions are dangerous and firefighters are now unable to prevent the fire spreading. Nothing is safe.
She is in the path of it.
She has packed the car and kids and leaving now. Many people are unable to leave the immediate vicinity, even to drive, because the heat will kill them before the flames reach them.
I am trying to track the bush fire, and her...
Hope and pray your daughter and family stay safe and you can relax about their safety.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

View attachment 47017
Hugs for sticky situation, winner for unfinished Morning art, very uplifting again.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All this talk of numbers so applied my very simple arithmetic skills to this...

2 inches of snow fell in 30 minutes, still snowing with promise of not stopping until 6 pm. In my book that's a total of 18 inches of snow. Are you impressed?

Very cold over night and in the morning Mrs MC needs to be at hospital for another BCC removal. Not going to get out of our street at this rate.
IMG_4402.JPG

ps edit told you I was no good at numbers 30 inches of snow not 18

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist the like is for a very picturesque photo not the dilemma of travel in trying circs. While I'm here, IPSOS/Mori and partners just notified me my swab test completed on Thursday was negative. The test was a follow up to the survey I completed not because i had any symptoms or went anywhere near people. Interestingly, the results are heavily caveated : only tell you your status at that time; don't tell you or us if you have had COVID; vital you retain all precautions. All perfectly correct but worth emphasising.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. True about testing what I am finding difficult understand is why so many people I speak to on the phone somehow have the impression that Covid Jab makes everything safe again. There seems enough information being given that this is not the case and yet so called intelligent people think they are going to be somehow safe from getting or spreading Covid.

JFWinstone

Woke up to snow here on the outskirts of Bristol. FBG 6.2 yesterday and 6.3 today. Currently dealing with shoulder pain from a dislocation plus a possible rotator cuff injury, on my shoulder I tend to sleep on :facepalm:

In good news, my mood seems to be improving and I managed to do a full day's family history research without realising the time, I tend to lose all track of time and everything when I get going. Ended up working on it until gone 2 am. With the good mood my eating is back on track and I lost the weight I'd put back on. So I'm back under BMI of 30 again which is a requirement for my surgery when it does go ahead.

Going to go put some food out for the birds and chill, hope you all have a great day :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Oz daughter and her family got out just in time, from the uncontrollable bush fire. They are now camping out on the beach for the night, at least.

However, if she had stayed in her house just half hour longer she would now be within the area with this warning "You are now in danger. Take shelter in a solid building. Do not leave or enter this area in a vehicle or on foot." There are road closures in the vicinity of her house.

I am going to have a sleep now I know they are actually safe. I feel completely drained.
I have alerts on my iPad over the bush fire in Australia, and these alerts are alternated with our Met Office snow and ice warnings for my area....it feels incongruous...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. True about testing what I am finding difficult understand is why so many people I speak to on the phone somehow have the impression that Covid Jab makes everything safe again. There seems enough information being given that this is not the case and yet so called intelligent people think they are going to be somehow safe from getting or spreading Covid.
This regime is mired in the messy stuff from the previous optically challenged command. Anything other than boosterism is unpatriotic/talking down our NHS/achievements or whatever is being questioned. That has permeated too well and recovering balance isn't going well - if they are even trying.