What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Rise and shine,
FBG 6.8 mmo/lt at 0645 hrs.
Brass momkeys here again. Have a large picture-framing project to keep me busy today. An old marine chart of Cardiff Roads, showing prominent landmarks (visible from the sea) such as the Penarth church where my grandparents are buried and the Custom House where my father worked. Also shown are the giant Cardiff Bay locks, well-used by my cousin on his yacht.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.1

You don't want to know what I ate yesterday...a whole tin of Connie Onnie. I needed something sweet. I have no sweet treats. And that was buried in the back of my cupboard from when I used to make fudge, in the old days. Spoonful by spoonful that tin was emptied during the day...

Daughter and family have returned home, but are keeping a very close eye on the bushfires. They have moved in a different direction, but anything can change. This is going to take at least 4 days to put out. They both have to work, and need their computers and internet connection to do so. Daughter started a new job as a university lecturer in the engineering faculty. Obviously it is all online now so she has a lot to learn.

When she goes to bed in a few hours, I will be watching those bush fire status alerts with an eagle eye.

So I have obviously been awake in the early hours again, and this is my digital painting contribution for today. I wasn't calm, and I worked on it for 2 hours before I could go to sleep.

FEABB92F-EA16-4A93-BC19-77FC7D672357.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 9.1

You don't want to know what I ate yesterday...a whole tin of Connie Onnie. I needed something sweet. I have no sweet treats. And that was buried in the back of my cupboard from when I used to make fudge, in the old days. Spoonful by spoonful that tin was emptied during the day...

Daughter and family have returned home, but are keeping a very close eye on the bushfires. They have moved in a different direction, but anything can change. This is going to take at least 4 days to put out. They both have to work, and need their computers and internet connection to do so. Daughter started a new job as a university lecturer in the engineering faculty. Obviously it is all online now so she has a lot to learn.

When she goes to bed in a few hours, I will be watching those bush fire status alerts with an eagle eye.

So I have obviously been awake in the early hours again, and this is my digital painting contribution for today. I wasn't calm, and I worked on it for 2 hours before I could go to sleep.

View attachment 47044
Fire watch from a distance - hope they will all be OK and that the fire is brought under control. All reflected in your wonderful art - escaping to the sea. Connie onnie - I remember the butties when we were children - Fussels as well. My paternal grandfather worked in the steel works in Sheffield and took connie onnie mixed with tea to work in his billy each day.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 9.1

View attachment 47044
All four elements in your art today, I imagine inspired by the stress you are experiencing over the terrible situation your family are in down under.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a Jack Frost of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of venison steaks with the last of the pea shoots and some green beans came in at 5.1 this am

Wonderful day yesterday - spent a good hour round the park before it got too busy. An RSPCA man was rescuing a swan that had got caught up in some netting that may have been brought down by the flood water last week. We didn’t hang around but when we did another turn past the spot, the swan was stood on one of the islands and the RSPCA man had left.
I have just vented my kimchi and the aroma has spread throughout the kitchen - smells like a good batch - I did add 6 tablespoons of gochugaru (red chilli powder) this time. Yesterday I had a go at fermenting turmeric root - will see.

Quick sketch of a bunch of skinny storks this morning - an idea for some further work. The sparse clouds have a red tinge to them as the sun comes up over the sea so hope that everyone has a good day. Koffy time.

Addendum: Happy Burns Night to those who will be hunting haggis (easier than hunting snarks) and slurping whisky.

upload_2021-1-25_7-58-46.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fire watch from a distance - hope they will all be OK and that the fire is brought under control. All reflected in your wonderful art - escaping to the sea. Connie onnie - I remember the butties when we were children - Fussels as well. My paternal grandfather worked in the steel works in Sheffield and took connie onnie mixed with tea to work in his billy each day.

Thank you for the art compliment @dunelm
It is incredible what you are able to do online these days, watching the other side of the world, and getting alerts as though you were in the area.

I think I need another Connie Onnie for emergencies...I was amazed my fbg was not higher than that...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

I have to clear some very deep snow and decide if I can get out of our close to get Mrs MC to hospital, so coffee then 'Hey ho, hey ho and off to work I go' I have only seen a 4x4 get out so far.

Keep safe and warm.

Take care @Muddy Cyclist
That wet snow here has gone into a solid ice rink...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a Jack Frost of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of venison steaks with the last of the pea shoots and some green beans came in at 5.1 this am

Wonderful day yesterday - spent a good hour round the park before it got too busy. An RSPCA man was rescuing a swan that had got caught up in some netting that may have been brought down by the flood water last week. We didn’t hang around but when we did another turn past the spot, the swan was stood on one of the islands and the RSPCA man had left.
I have just vented my kimchi and the aroma has spread throughout the kitchen - smells like a good batch - I did add 6 tablespoons of gochugaru (red chilli powder) this time. Yesterday I had a go at fermenting turmeric root - will see.

Quick sketch of a bunch of skinny storks this morning - an idea for some further work. The sparse clouds have a red tinge to them as the sun comes up over the sea so hope that everyone has a good day. Koffy time.

View attachment 47045
Love these skinny storks @dunelm
They are debating where to fly for their fish from the koi ponds...
I have have two cranes who fly past my window daily early morning, then sometime later, they fly back....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

I have to clear some very deep snow and decide if I can get out of our close to get Mrs MC to hospital, so coffee then 'Hey ho, hey ho and off to work I go' I have only seen a 4x4 get out so far.

Keep safe and warm.
All the best and hope that you manage to get Mrs MC safely to hospital.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have given up thinking out problems a long time ago.
My brain gets a list of problems and issues before I go to sleep with my request it comes up with solutions and ideas for morning. And it never fails @Krystyna23040
Sometimes it takes a few days for the 'AHA' moment. But then my list was a long one...
It is so good that our brains work in this way. Years ago I was visiting our daughter who was in Australia at that time. I had informed the bank which card I was taking with me. The day before I was travelling down to Heathrow I realised that I couldn't remember the pin number as I hadn't used the card for ages. I spent the whole day trying to remember it.

I went to bed and as I awoke the next morning the number just floated up in front of my eyes and I immediately knew it was the right number. Amazing isn't it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Very cold on our walk this morning. Felt colder than yesterday.

Archie walked up the stairs yesterday and has now decided that he is back sleeping on his bed in the office at night. His legs have got stronger every day so he is now virtually back to his old self after the stroke. He is a very happy dog and very lucky.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another feast day, for the Conversion of St Paul and Burns night rolled into one LC mackerel and avocado salad pleasuredome. It would take a huge effort of boosterism to turn a 5.2 fbg on Swipey into success but such is the zeitgeist I feel obliged to search for bunting. I hope Mrs MC makes it safely to hospital @Muddy Cyclist; Archie continues to progress @Krystyna23040 ; your daughter and family stay safe and can retrieve important possession safely @gennepher Venison steaks and pea shoots sounds enticing @dunelm . Have a safe day and don't fall off the gallopers.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is so good that our brains work in this way. Years ago I was visiting our daughter who was in Australia at that time. I had informed the bank which card I was taking with me. The day before I was travelling down to Heathrow I realised that I couldn't remember the pin number as I hadn't used the card for ages. I spent the whole day trying to remember it.

I went to bed and as I awoke the next morning the number just floated up in front of my eyes and I immediately knew it was the right number. Amazing isn't it.
Brilliant @Krystyna23040
:)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all...
Snow is gradually disappearing but at some stage I am going to grit my drive and the area in front of it and put an ice-shield on the windscreen as defrosting the car tomorrow before going to the garage is not at ALL my idea of fun!

Laundry is doing... need to do the bins, and cracking on with the never ending radio clips!

Happy Monday everyone. #TwistinMyMelonMan

Last edited: