What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Either you're oversharing or I've learned a new phrase. Wasn't Sunday a 2nd virtual date? - went well then or do you and cave dweller need to update your staui?:angelic:
Not a Happy Mondays fan then, clearly..... and jeez me and cave dweller no way in hell!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@RFSMarch I have heard of Bez - that's as far as it goes. Sorry if I've planted something distressing in your mind. So, how many mealy mouthed euphemisms for poor and exploited do we need? It is always dangerous, if not wrong, to look for patterns or rules in history but boy does it look like our buccaneering, new Elizabethan age heroes have proved this a truism "like Saturn, the Revolution devours its children," (Jacques Mallet du Pan) either side of "the pond"

Last edited:
Reactions: geefull and jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree - it is brilliant. Today I tried out the new instructions that my brain had worked out while I was sleeping for the arm exercise l couldn't teach properly last week. The new instructions were absolutely spot on and everyone in the class this morning did it 100% correctly.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@RFSMarch I have heard of Bez - that's as far as it goes. Sorry if I've planted something distressing in your mind. So, how many mealy mouthed euphemisms for poor and exploited do we need? It is always dangerous if not wrong to look for patterns or rules in history but boy does it look like our buccaneering, new Elizabethan age heroes have proved this a truism "like Saturn, the Revolution devours its children," (Jacques Mallet du Pan) either side of "the pond"

I actually saw them before they really got big in my first year of uni.... iconic song!

Hahah given my moaning about Cave-dweller's habits - I have to say I prefer someone who cleans up after themselves. Remains to be seen if this other guy matches that bill and I would have said you would hope at 54 he could, but cave-dweller is in his 30s and seems incapable of wiping a surface down!

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone from a Jack Frost of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of venison steaks with the last of the pea shoots and some green beans came in at 5.1 this am

Wonderful day yesterday - spent a good hour round the park before it got too busy. An RSPCA man was rescuing a swan that had got caught up in some netting that may have been brought down by the flood water last week. We didn’t hang around but when we did another turn past the spot, the swan was stood on one of the islands and the RSPCA man had left.
I have just vented my kimchi and the aroma has spread throughout the kitchen - smells like a good batch - I did add 6 tablespoons of gochugaru (red chilli powder) this time. Yesterday I had a go at fermenting turmeric root - will see.

Quick sketch of a bunch of skinny storks this morning - an idea for some further work. The sparse clouds have a red tinge to them as the sun comes up over the sea so hope that everyone has a good day. Koffy time.

Addendum: Happy Burns Night to those who will be hunting haggis (easier than hunting snarks) and slurping whisky.

View attachment 47045

I must put on my up to arm waders, cross to Annan at low tide with a 12 bore and shoot me a brace of low flying haggis, fo ma tee!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who struggle with blood sugar levels.

A 6.1 this morning.

A strange old day here.
I never had any because i was going to have breakfast so just took less insulin x

So you never had any jelly babies.
I like your method of dealing with low blood sugars, sometimes I use that method as well, but it doesn't always work for me when I am very active.
Take care and stay well.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 for me today - I notice the last remaining very large chunk of ice/snow that has been stuck to the roof of my car for days has defrosted a bit and has now fallen down on to my windscreen with the sun shining on it this morning so I will clear it off in a bit and my car will be all nice and clean and free of snow for a bit, well that will be until this evening when more snow is forecast ...

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
I actually saw them before they really got big in my first year of uni.... iconic song!

Hahah given my moaning about Cave-dweller's habits - I have to say I prefer someone who cleans up after themselves. Remains to be seen if this other guy matches that bill and I would have said you would hope at 54 he could, but cave-dweller is in his 30s and seems incapable of wiping a surface down!
I bet he has never heard of a toilet brush?
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who struggle with blood sugar levels.

A 6.1 this morning.

A strange old day here.

So you never had any jelly babies.
I like your method of dealing with low blood sugars, sometimes I use that method as well, but it doesn't always work for me when I am very active.
Take care and stay well.
Some people have an aversion to Jelly Babies, Alf!
They know when they bite their heads off first they reveal they are really sadists at heart! ;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon.

7.6..trust me, very, very self inflicted.

Nephew's lads have taken me under their wing and guided me through the NFL of late.

So one buchs fan to support...yehaw
Great game...many beers etc as per tradition it seems.

Other lads a chiefs fan...so game 2.. I'm in FAN mode again :singing:

So....the superbowl should be a rollercoaster of a night.:D

Spotted the first ? Bubble concert...
A sign of things to come

BBC News - Flaming Lips stage unique 'space bubble' concert in Oklahoma
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55794674

And as a final note, if they make a musical of TRUMP, this guy's got a great shot of being the finale song..well worth a listen if you haven't seen him before.

https://twitter.com/RandyRainbow/status/1351551403689447425?s=08

Snow all gone, here.
But stay safe all, wherever you are :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon.

7.6..trust me, very, very self inflicted.

Nephew's lads have taken me under their wing and guided me through the NFL of late.

So one buchs fan to support...yehaw
Great game...many beers etc as per tradition it seems.

Other lads a chiefs fan...so game 2.. I'm in FAN mode again :singing:

So....the superbowl should be a rollercoaster of a night.:D

Spotted the first ? Bubble concert...
A sign of things to come

BBC News - Flaming Lips stage unique 'space bubble' concert in Oklahoma
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55794674

And as a final note, if they make a musical of TRUMP, this guy's got a great shot of being the finale song..well worth a listen if you haven't seen him before.

https://twitter.com/RandyRainbow/status/1351551403689447425?s=08

Snow all gone, here.
But stay safe all, wherever you are :)
I look forward to your reading Feb 8th. Mahomes is a whizz-kid and when he was with The Patriots I couldn't warm to Brady (Belichik?) but c'mon at 43 and still playing that game at the top, have to be rooting for him.
Edit: Also Gronk (wonder about the impact of his injuries in later life after reading about Dylan Hartley and others)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A sigh for the relief there @gennepher ..let's hope there's no more danger.

A big hope you made the trip out @Muddy Cyclist .

Great song pick @RFSMarch

Well done @Krystyna23040 ..a relaxed mind offers many benefits to clearer thinking. But way harder then it looks

And nice the cars now clean, @Mrs T 123 ;)
Bit of a blow... MORE snow on way....:arghh:

Hated it before, but one legged & on crutches..public enemy No.#1 for me :bag:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I look forward to your reading Feb 8th. Mahomes is a whizz-kid and when he was with The Patriots I couldn't warm to Brady (Belichik?) but c'mon at 43 and still playing that game at the top, have to be rooting for him.

Yeah, he's their teddy sheringham.
Great game for both last night.

Lads went all in last night, beers AND homemade cocktails. .

Not sure I'll survive SUPERBOWL if they go all out..:wideyed::nurse::hilarious:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A sigh for the relief there @gennepher ..let's hope there's no more danger.

Hated it before, but one legged & on crutches..public enemy No.#1 for me :bag:

Thanks @jjraak
You will soon be two legged again ....
t3808.gif

Just have positive thoughts...

t3823.gif

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, he's their teddy sheringham.
Great game for both last night.

Lads went all in last night, beers AND homemade cocktails. .

Not sure I'll survive SUPERBOWL if they go all out..:wideyed::nurse::hilarious:
Brady and JJ - which one is GOAT :angelic:. COVID aside this Close would be quite the place for a Superbowl party judging by July 4th

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

5.1 yesterday :sorry:
and 4.7 today

much nicer day here today, a whole 3 degrees above freezing ;) so we had a pleasant sunny walk around the village today :joyful: lots of icy bits where the snow from yesterday had thawed and frozen overnight though.

Spent a few minutes watching the oystercatchers picking around the frozen seaweed down near the harbour, very natty little outfits they have ;)

No post yesterday, for some reason I find it difficult to post if I'm not pleased with my fbg. I'll try to do better. (I know it's not that high , it's just high for me :bag: ). On the obverse side I don't think I'm quite as cold sensitive at this level. Who knows? it's the mystery of T2D.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Krystyna23040 - good for Archie and big relief for you :joyful:

@dunelm - I love your birds. your big crane is impressive and the line of birds has so many different little characters :joyful: Your group of cranes is a pleasing composition and your brush work is strong :)

@gennepher - I'm so glad your daughter is safe :joyful:
Yesterday's picture has a lovely arching arcade of trees towards the glow of the rising light, and the fluid silvery quality of the light you have managed in today's is impressive :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hope you got out and back safely with mrs MC. it looks much worse where you are than in our locality :sorry:

Your chestnut tree is majestic, a very fine tree study :)

art bit catch up -
no 1 - a quick study I did whilst we were waiting for mum to collect her pension it's of a chimney on a local bank building, perspective's a bit suspect I think :hilarious:
upload_2021-1-25_17-30-37.jpeg

no 2 - this was me trying out the paper in a sketchbook I found to see if it was watercolour paper - aaand no it's not :D don't think it turned out too badly though.
upload_2021-1-25_17-35-40.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

5.1 yesterday :sorry:
and 4.7 today

much nicer day here today, a whole 3 degrees above freezing ;) so we had a pleasant sunny walk around the village today :joyful: lots of icy bits where the snow from yesterday had thawed and frozen overnight though.

Spent a few minutes watching the oystercatchers picking around the frozen seaweed down near the harbour, very natty little outfits they have ;)

No post yesterday, for some reason I find it difficult to post if I'm not pleased with my fbg. I'll try to do better. (I know it's not that high , it's just high for me :bag: ). On the obverse side I don't think I'm quite as cold sensitive at this level. Who knows? it's the mystery of T2D.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Krystyna23040 - good for Archie and big relief for you :joyful:

@dunelm - I love your birds. your big crane is impressive and the line of birds has so many different little characters :joyful: Your group of cranes is a pleasing composition and your brush work is strong :)

@gennepher - I'm so glad your daughter is safe :joyful:
Yesterday's picture has a lovely arching arcade of trees towards the glow of the rising light, and the fluid silvery quality of the light you have managed in today's is impressive :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hope you got out and back safely with mrs MC. it looks much worse where you are than in our locality :sorry:

Your chestnut tree is majestic, a very fine tree study :)

art bit catch up -
no 1 - a quick study I did whilst we were waiting for mum to collect her pension it's of a chimney on a local bank building, perspective's a bit suspect I think :hilarious:
View attachment 47048

no 2 - this was me trying out the paper in a sketchbook I found to see if it was watercolour paper - aaand no it's not :D don't think it turned out too badly though.
View attachment 47049
Thank you. Both your pieces of art are very good. I agree the watercolour turned our very good, a different style for you distant hills and I do like it.