Covid Jab

TB10

Had a Covid jab on Thursday afternoon. No reaction but arm still sore. However my glucose readings are higher than normal. Can the jab cause this ?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
On the Novavax trial, I was told any reaction to the vaccine should be over by 48 hours. Elevates blood sugars on the other hand can take a while to come down.

TB10

Ok mine was Astra jab and now it’s more than 48 hrs but spike less than yesterday, so perhaps it will continue tomorrow

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok mine was Astra jab and now it’s more than 48 hrs but spike less than yesterday, so perhaps it will continue tomorrow
I had the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine and have found it has taken 3x as much insulin to bring my glucose values back into range. Taking it as a positive sign that it has evoked an immune response (as my blood glucose values are usually higher when ill). Still early to tell how many days it might last but hopefully you're otherwise ok!

S

Sparklebrightisright62

Hi to all

A friend of mine has had the jab and my daughter is having it on Monday it said on net
that having the second dose is worse than the first dose ie a doctor had it and was out for 2 days that's not good its making me wonder do I want it at all with what can happen.

Any ideas on the above.

Sparklebright62.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all

A friend of mine has had the jab and my daughter is having it on Monday it said on net
that having the second dose is worse than the first dose ie a doctor had it and was out for 2 days that's not good its making me wonder do I want it at all with what can happen.

Any ideas on the above.

Sparklebright62.
Did this doctor have a name, was the story reported in the mainstream media?

TB10

My reaction was negligible and so was my wife’s and we had different vaccines. I think it’s luck of the draw

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to all

Any ideas on the above.

Sparklebright62.
An educated guess would be that as you already have some immunity from the 1st jab your response to the 2nd would be larger (I know this is how flu jabs work - feeling grotty afterwards means your body has recognized the intruder and is fighting it)

S

Sparklebrightisright62

Hi to all,

The info I was referring to was in the daily mail yesterday and carnt think of the name of the person who had the injection.
Was also on Internet.
Perhaps you could look it up.

Sparklebright62.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the Johnson and Johnson on a trial and didn't really notice any difference to be honest. Then again I have had a shed load of vaccines and never had any side effects.

Which ever jab you have, your body is learning how to fight a specific part of the virus. So it's rapidly manufacturing and killing a specific protein in most cases. While it's doing this it might impact in your bloods or might not.

I'm any case it won't last too long, it's the same mechanism as when your fighting a cold, although in practice your actualy fighting nothing in the case of the vaccine but your body does not know that! So it should clear in a few days to a week depending how long your body goes on fighting the protein which differs from person to person.

Still well worth doing to be safe long term!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know a few over 80's who have had both their jabs (booked before govt changed length of time between doses, and appointments kept) and had no side effects at all. Some had Oxford, some Pfizer. One or two are type 2 diabetics.