Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on Libre 1 for a good while using it with MiaoMiao & xdrip

I also have a Watlla watch

I am about to start using Libre 2

my xdrip in the Set up sensor part asks if I want to set it up to

Libre 2 Patched can anyone please tell me what it is

And or the best way to set the xdrip up to a libre 2.

If I use the Libre 2 Patched icon can I stop using the MiaoMiao

Any Help & Advice is both Needed & Appreciated

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations on getting your hands on a Libre 2. I am not so lucky, yet but have been doing a bit of research in preparation.

Libre 2 includes Bluetooth to send alerts to your reader if your blood sugars get too high or too low. An unpatched Libre 2 only sends alerts via Bluetooth - you still need to scan the sensor for the readings.

There is an unofficial patch which allows the sensor to send readings direct to xDrip+ (the Android version, i don't believe it is possible with xDrip on the iPhone) without using MM (or Bubble or any other transmitter).

The patch is very unofficial so, for legal reasons, the developers of xDrip cannot provide instructions for the patch.
However, I strongly recommend subscribing to the xDrip Facebook group. The contributors are the most helpful I have ever come across and you are more likely to get support on xDrip from a forum dedicated to the app rather than a generic diabetes forum.

(edited by mod)

Reactions: SueJB

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

I haven't been lucky enough to get my mitts on an L2 yet.

However I do use Xdrip, own a Watlaa one watch & a MM2.
In readyness although I haven't installed the patch yet for the L2.

(looking in the download file waiting on my phone.) the patch to download is called oop2.apk from the GitHub site in order for this to happen?

I got serious doubts if Watlaa have caught up with the development of this patch for the L2 with their firmware.
So I'm hoping the MM2 will do like they say in the blurb be L2 ready. So I can still use the watch, whilst the phone deals with the signal from the actual sensor..

Good luck & let us know how you get on...

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had to re-download the xdrip & the Libre App onto a new phone I had to get for the libre 2

In xdrip were it asks you to choose data source if I press libre I get 3 icons one says

Bluetooth Bridge (which I normally press)

A 2nd one and the 3rd

Libre 2 Patched

But as I said not sure how it works or if it’s the best one to use

I was told if I wanted to get alarms to the libre phone app must start the sensor with the phone so no alarms from the reader as I would not be able to use it.

Because it was started with the phone 1st

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

(looking in the download file waiting on my phone.) the patch to download is called oop2.apk from the GitHub site in order for this to happen?

I got serious doubts if Watlaa have caught up with the development of this patch for the L2 with their firmware.
So I'm hoping the MM2 will do like they say in the blurb be L2 ready. So I can still use the watch, whilst the phone deals with the signal from the actual sensor..

Had to re-download the xdrip & the Libre App onto a new phone I had to get for the libre 2

In xdrip were it asks you to choose data source if I press libre I get 3 icons one says

A 2nd one and the 3rd

Libre 2 Patched

I was told if I wanted to get alarms to the libre phone app must start the sensor with the phone so no alarms from the reader as I would not be able to use it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

A 2nd one and the 3rd

Libre 2 Patched

I tend to start my L1 using the Librelink app then the MM with Xdrip.

Have you the latest Xdrip build from last November? (Not long before chrismas.)
From memory there was a sepperate beta patch build then this "OOP2.apk" was brought out..
Which is supposed to correct the algorithm with the L2 chatting with Xdrip on the phone?

To be quite frank, I'm not confident the L2 sensor will pair with the Watlaa. Not without the Miaomiao 2.

HomerSimpson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi, do you get Libre 2 on NHS prescription?

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Had some problems

My libre 1 from the start of a sensor was always close (within its limits) to the correct values when testing

The Libre 2 was way off up to 3+ mmol above but manly below anything near correct.

The alarm going off at 2,3, and 4 in the morning (different nights) telling me I was low 3.7, 3.4 etc. but the Blood tests showed a level at 5.8 and 6.4 (but better safe than sorry I suppose if I was going low at least it did wake me up)

But after 2-3 days it’s getting a lot better nearer a correct a level

I read a while ago on the forum some people placed there libre sensors ON up to 2 day before use to let it get settled in I will try this next time

But apart from that hick up its been good

One Thing

Watlla watch

I could not get mine to work looked on their web site and found out libre 2 will not work with my Miao Miao 2

A libre 2 needs a Bubble for the watlla to work any idea of a web page where you can buy one would be great

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, do you get Libre 2 on NHS prescription?

Yes it was on prescription I was

Lucky so to speak my check up was very, very late in Dec

And have had a lot of problems with underlining health issues + if ( When I go low ) it’s at night and needed an alarm to help me wake.

So they said I could change from my libre 1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had some problems

My libre 1 from the start of a sensor was always close (within its limits) to the correct values when testing

The Libre 2 was way off up to 3+ mmol above but manly below anything near correct.

The alarm going off at 2,3, and 4 in the morning (different nights) telling me I was low 3.7, 3.4 etc. but the Blood tests showed a level at 5.8 and 6.4 (but better safe than sorry I suppose if I was going low at least it did wake me up)

But after 2-3 days it’s getting a lot better nearer a correct a level

I read a while ago on the forum some people placed there libre sensors ON up to 2 day before use to let it get settled in I will try this next time

But apart from that hick up its been good

One Thing

Watlla watch

I could not get mine to work looked on their web site and found out libre 2 will not work with my Miao Miao 2

A libre 2 needs a Bubble for the watlla to work any idea of a web page where you can buy one would be great

Hi,

Firstly, does your watch have the latest firmware 0.5.1?
The Watlaa only works with MM2. (I believe.) The MM2 was touted at the time to be L2 ready?
Are you sure the watch is seeing the MM2 & not any BT transmission from the L2??

Concerning though, I still have an L1 to get through before I look at using an L2. (That's if I find one in my area.)

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Firstly, does your watch have the latest firmware 0.5.1?
The Watlaa only works with MM2. (I believe.) The MM2 was touted at the time to be L2 ready?
Are you sure the watch is seeing the MM2 & not any BT transmission from the L2??

Concerning though, I still have an L1 to get through before I look at using an L2. (That's if I find one in my area.)

Checked Watlla it has latest software 0.5.1

Tried for ages to get it to connect to my Miao Miao 2

Then gave up and went to Watlla Home Page should have done that 1st

As far as I can see it is Libre 2 is ready just it needs Bubble to transmit to it not Miao Miao
Thank you for your Help

From Watlaa Home page

Watlaa One
Description

Features

· Direct-to-watch capability from miaomiao 1&2 and Bubble. Buy your Bubble here. Use our referral link when buying miaomiao for a 10USD discount here

· Libre 1: we support miaomiao and bubble

· Libre 2: we support bubble (you need bubble if you want readings from libre 2)

· US 14-day Libre: we support bubble (you need bubble if you want readings from US-14day libre)

· Time & date

· Graph of readings

· Choose BG unit

· Calibration (also manual possible if you have intercept and slope from xdrip/spike or alike)

· Alarms for high/low, and connection loss

· Alarm snooze. Separate for high and low alarms.

· Works with android & ios

· Vibration for alarms

· Step counter

· 3 different watch faces

· Full white screen for night light

· Navigation with short tap and long press through touch bar

· Supports Diabox, xdrip+ (android), xdrip4ios, Glimp

· IP67

· Does not have sim card slot

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Checked Watlla it has latest software 0.5.1
Tried for ages to get it to connect to my Miao Miao 2

Then gave up and went to Watlla Home Page should have done that 1st

As far as I can see it is Libre 2 is ready just it needs Bubble to transmit to it not Miao Miao
Thank you for your Help

From Watlaa Home page

Watlaa One
Description

Features

· Direct-to-watch capability from miaomiao 1&2 and Bubble. Buy your Bubble here. Use our referral link when buying miaomiao for a 10USD discount here

· Libre 1: we support miaomiao and bubble

· Libre 2: we support bubble (you need bubble if you want readings from libre 2)

· US 14-day Libre: we support bubble (you need bubble if you want readings from US-14day libre)

· Time & date

· Graph of readings

· Choose BG unit

· Calibration (also manual possible if you have intercept and slope from xdrip/spike or alike)

· Alarms for high/low, and connection loss

· Alarm snooze. Separate for high and low alarms.

· Works with android & ios

· Vibration for alarms

· Step counter

· 3 different watch faces

· Full white screen for night light

· Navigation with short tap and long press through touch bar

· Supports Diabox, xdrip+ (android), xdrip4ios, Glimp

· IP67

· Does not have sim card slot

Hi, thanks..
Ah yes, I already had a MM2 before getting the Watlaa..

Although, MM seems to think the MK11 can handle the L2 which was the selling point for me in the first place. https://miaomiao.eu/product/miaomiao-freestyle-libre-reader/

I'll just have to find out what happens with my set up when I can get an L2..
(I just planted a new L1.)

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, thanks..
Ah yes, I already had a MM2 before getting the Watlaa..

Although, MM seems to think the MK11 can handle the L2 which was the selling point for me in the first place. https://miaomiao.eu/product/miaomiao-freestyle-libre-reader/

I'll just have to find out what happens with my set up when I can get an L2..
(I just planted a new L1.)

Good luck when you get your Libre 2

Will post again if I get anymore hick ups but the only big one I have is the readings at the sensor start hopefully by putting it on for a bit before starting it that should solve it for me.

Have just ordered a Bubble

Thank you for all the help

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck when you get your Libre 2

Will post again if I get anymore hick ups but the only big one I have is the readings at the sensor start hopefully by putting it on for a bit before starting it that should solve it for me.

Have just ordered a Bubble

Thank you for all the help

Thanks.

& please let us know how you get on.

I'd hate to incur any more any more financial outlay than need be.. :banghead:

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, long time lurker here and finally found a thread I could maybe offer a useful contribution :)

I have been using Libre1 and bridge device for getting on for a couple of years now. I've in the past used both Blucon and MM1 and lately my prefered bridge the MM2.

I usually buy my sensors four at a time from Asda, I was on my last one so due to order my next batch from Asda when coincidentally I received an email from Abbott saying Libre2 was now available and seeing that Asda price is now exactly the same price as direct from Abbott I ordered 4 L2 from Abbott.

I use xdrip on my Android phone so I am able to use my Oppo watch (also used Huawei and Ticwatch in the past) as the collector which is great and saves having to cart my phone around the house with me.

I was hoping to be able to use the same setup with the L2 specifically using the watch as the collector, I got impatient and started the first L2 with original non Bluetooth reader and also latest official Librelink app on the phone (accuracy still not good for me) so determined to succeed with xdrip.

There seem to be a couple of methods for connecting L2 to xdrip 1. patched old Librelink app and 2. a bridge device.

After searching for a week or so for detailed instructions for the MM2 and L2 and failing I eventually pulled the correct apk files together and good enough reading between the lines instructions to proceed but didn't expect it to work as I'd already started the L2 with reader and Librelink.

I used the most recent nightly xdrip, oop2 of which MM has it's own version and importantly the MM tool to update MM2 firmware to version 7 (a challenge itself with half Chinese and half English buttons to suss.

So ready to test and not expecting it work as sensor already started) !
Within xdrip set Bluetooth to MM2 and hardware data source to Libre Bluetooth, disabled watch collector and to my surprise it connected, entered a calibration and it was good to go and gave me readings.

I was disappointed when I enabled the watch collector and it didn't work and not likely to work without an oop2 for Android wear, it does though send readings and other data to the watch and I'll settle for that as Bluetooth range within my house seems pretty good.

I should mention that I usually backup my xdrip settings and then restore them when installing a fresh xdrip but this time I needed to start from scratch although that may not be the case for you.

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to add that after doing the above using the MM2 I have since found a different method without using a bridge such as the MM2 at all but should yield the same the same results but this requires instigating when starting a new L2 sensor. I can't see the point of using a bridge device when same result can be achieved without the MM.

My current L2 sensor has 10 days to run so won't be trying this until then.

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This being my 3rd post I should hopefully be able to post any links if anyone wants to explore.

BTW my phone runs Android 10 and I'm holding off installing the 11 update my phone keeps prompting me to install as there seems to be many problems with it on my OnePlus phone. I have this stuff and three banking apps I'm not willing to risk not working.

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This being my 3rd post I should hopefully be able to post any links if anyone wants to explore.

BTW my phone runs Android 10 and I'm holding off installing the 11 update my phone keeps prompting me to install as there seems to be many problems with it on my OnePlus phone. I have this stuff and three banking apps I'm not willing to risk not working.

When you work out the bugs as you said would love to get info for links if apk file easy to set up in no way do I have any tech know how