What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who celebrate national bin day in all its different forms.

A 5.8 this morning on that scheming meter of mystery and misbehaving today.

All sorts of big numbers floating around and lots of "what if's. How about " What would the numbers be if we did nothing? "

I don't know about you fellow posters, painters and gamers, but my day is free at the moment how long this blissful state of affair will continue I know not, I think, therefore I shall make koffy.
Now I must dash orf and do nothing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a wonderfully silent start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of leftover haggis and stir fry mushrooms and mixed peppers came in at 5.1 this am

EU bully boys getting mardy with AstraZeneca over lack of supplies to EU countries - CEO of AstraZeneca reposts - should have signed your contracts on time (UK signed three months before you) - oh dear!
Samsung’s next smartwatch reportedly tracks blood sugar levels. Apparently, this will be accomplished using “raman spectroscopy” tech so will noodles be involved? - https://9to5google.com/2021/01/25/samsung-smartwatch-blood-sugar-report/amp/

Art today - a couple of egrets, A4 rice paper - hope everyone has a splendid bin day, time for koffy.

View attachment 47077
Two fine waders, the wash works really well for the water, good light and reflections.

Reactions: jjraak

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Car cost me another £300. Managing agents for some reason held back £100 from the rent due from the tenants. January has been an horrific month, finances wise. Well I suppose that is one way to lose weight!
So busying myself with radio clips having gotten back in the groove of how to do it!

Switching to Aussie hours over the weekend and have decided to sleep around midday-1pm and try and get up around 6-7pm or thereabouts ...

So maybe a small sabbatical from here as I will be waking up and having dinner at what should be my Aussie breakfast time and breakfast around about the time before I go to bed!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today.

Snow still hanging around here so no Muddy Bike rides, a walk although it looks a tad damp. Then painting and continue with my music recordings, having trouble hitting a singing bass line F sharp, our music director says don't worry as he can adjust it to be in tune through the software he is using to make the finished piece. That however feels wrong to me so I shall persevere and try and get it right.

Keep safe and make the best of today.

Me and me's wanted to give you a hug thingy, but gave a winner for blood sugar and persevance. As for hitting sharp things it's a shame you don't use firstly a engineers hammer and then a file to further smooth the note . Good luck.
Ps f# for me is black thingy on my keyboard , but you already know that.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Negative thoughts yesterday stuck like glue.

And I needed a good night's sleep. But I was so tensed up I couldn't sleep. Tried doing my daily painting which led to about 2 pm, then Popeye began head butting the iPad with alll his strength. That cat knows I need sleep. He will leave me alone with it for a reasonable length of time, like he has crawled under the covers just now long enough for me to write this, I hope.

Yesterday on one of the food shops, the one next door to Iceland, I was reaching for something on those shelves above the freezer cabinets. It was easily reachable, but there was only one jar in the cardboard tray, and so it moved a bit when I took the jar out. The next thing I knew was a cascade of glass jars of sticky stuff (jam?) next to it, falling on the curved top of the freezer cabinet and rolling on to the floor where they smashed. The shop assistant came round the corner, and I am apologising and apologising......

I had been in Iceland first, and it wasn't until last night I realised why Iceland disturbed me so much, or part of it. Those guys doing the food shopping for online orders were dressed in black with their hoodies over their heads, and the thick black snoods right up to under their eyes. You could barely see their eyes, the only bit of human flesh showing. They even came in my dreams last night, and I realised why it was scary. You wouldn't have even allowed someone a year ago to come in a shop dressed like that. It was incongruous they were pushing these huge bright orange carts of individual shopping bags and looking at their screens and picking the next item.

Everywhere was empty, devoid of shoppers. Except me and an elderly gentleman who struggled walking. This is the High Street that was open much more a couple of weeks ago, despite level 4 lockdown. And lots of people. Now, nothing.

I found this more oppressive emptiness far more scary than all those people previously with many not wearing masks. The sky was dark and oppressive yesterday, and it was about 11 am. And all I can think of is I am in an Apocalypse movie film set. The director will jump out in a minute with that board that says scene 1, take 5....

This is my digital painting for today. I struggled with it, badly. Two hours to get this far. It is me sitting on the day couch, feet up, the peppermint green blanket over me, the orange painted walls, the flowers in my windowsill (I have just realised, I never finished that blue vase). And the cat sitting on my arm, as he does saying 'No iPads allowed when I have your arm'.). I was going to do my overgrown garden in the windows, but left it blurred. I initially had my shortish hair, but I struggled with my arms. My left one was under my chin, but it wasn't right. So I am moving the arm down to where Popeye can sit on it. But by this time it has exposed my right shoulder and arm as being very awkward looking. Only answer by this time is to do long hair to cover all my awkward painting sins. Then Popeye got out from under the covers and is butting me and iPad and threatening to attack the iPad if I don't go back to sleep.

So I do...

Take care
>^..^<

B8E3BA05-3EFB-40AE-B9EC-DDF720CCB491.jpeg

Yes I know I have made my face younger looking...it might be me in my early 20's...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

And I needed a good night's sleep. But I was so tensed up I couldn't sleep. Tried doing my daily painting which led to about 2 pm, then Popeye began head butting the iPad with alll his strength. That cat knows I need sleep. He will leave me alone with it for a reasonable length of time, like he has crawled under the covers just now long enough for me to write this, I hope.

Yesterday on one of the food shops, the one next door to Iceland, I was reaching for something on those shelves above the freezer cabinets. It was easily reachable, but there was only one jar in the cardboard tray, and so it moved a bit when I took the jar out. The next thing I knew was a cascade of glass jars of sticky stuff (jam?) next to it, falling on the curved top of the freezer cabinet and rolling on to the floor where they smashed. The shop assistant came round the corner, and I am apologising and apologising......

I had been in Iceland first, and it wasn't until last night I realised why Iceland disturbed me so much, or part of it. Those guys doing the food shopping for online orders were dressed in black with their hoodies over their heads, and the thick black snoods right up to under their eyes. You could barely see their eyes, the only bit of human flesh showing. They even came in my dreams last night, and I realised why it was scary. You wouldn't have even allowed someone a year ago to come in a shop dressed like that. It was incongruous they were pushing these huge bright orange carts of individual shopping bags and looking at their screens and picking the next item.

Everywhere was empty, devoid of shoppers. Except me and an elderly gentleman who struggled walking. This is the High Street that was open much more a couple of weeks ago, despite level 4 lockdown. And lots of people. Now, nothing.

I found this more oppressive emptiness far more scary than all those people previously with many not wearing masks. The sky was dark and oppressive yesterday, and it was about 11 am. And all I can think of is I am in an Apocalypse movie film set. The director will jump out in a minute with that board that says scene 1, take 5....

This is my digital painting for today. I struggled with it, badly. Two hours to get this far. It is me sitting on the day couch, feet up, the peppermint green blanket over me, the orange painted walls, the flowers in my windowsill (I have just realised, I never finished that blue vase). And the cat sitting on my arm, as he does saying 'No iPads allowed when I have your arm'.). I was going to do my overgrown garden in the windows, but left it blurred. I initially had my shortish hair, but I struggled with my arms. My left one was under my chin, but it wasn't right. So I am moving the arm down to where Popeye can sit on it. But by this time it has exposed my right shoulder and arm as being very awkward looking. Only answer by this time is to do long hair to cover all my awkward painting sins. Then Popeye got out from under the covers and is butting me and iPad and threatening to attack the iPad if I don't go back to sleep.

So I do...

Take care
>^..^<

View attachment 47081

Yes I know I have made my face younger looking...it might be me in my early 20's...
Incongruous indeed @gennepher . You suffer for your art and I gain the pleasure from the finished product. Tough times for you lately producing some - IMHO - of your best work for people like me who find some art really hard in terms of engagement. Hug and hope you find the rest and peace you need.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a wonderfully silent start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of leftover haggis and stir fry mushrooms and mixed peppers came in at 5.1 this am

EU bully boys getting mardy with AstraZeneca over lack of supplies to EU countries - CEO of AstraZeneca reposts - should have signed your contracts on time (UK signed three months before you) - oh dear!
Samsung’s next smartwatch reportedly tracks blood sugar levels. Apparently, this will be accomplished using “raman spectroscopy” tech so will noodles be involved? - https://9to5google.com/2021/01/25/samsung-smartwatch-blood-sugar-report/amp/

Art today - a couple of egrets, A4 rice paper - hope everyone has a splendid bin day, time for koffy.

View attachment 47077
I do like the egrets.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Car cost me another £300. Managing agents for some reason held back £100 from the rent due from the tenants. January has been an horrific month, finances wise. Well I suppose that is one way to lose weight!
So busying myself with radio clips having gotten back in the groove of how to do it!

Switching to Aussie hours over the weekend and have decided to sleep around midday-1pm and try and get up around 6-7pm or thereabouts ...

So maybe a small sabbatical from here as I will be waking up and having dinner at what should be my Aussie breakfast time and breakfast around about the time before I go to bed!
A hug dressed up as winner. Your spirit shines through, winners always find a way. Top gel.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

So I do...

Take care
>^..^<

View attachment 47081

A winner for your persistence and your art - a big hug for the jam induced nightmares. Hope the rest of your day is a lot better.

lindisfel

Expert
I do like the egrets.
I do agree with you Krystyna, the head plume neck and front end of body look like an Egret but back end looks like a Red crowned Crane of China and eastern USSR.

I must stop trying to identify other peoples birds.
Most Egrets look concolourous at rest.
Nb. Any dark outer wing feathers on a pale bird are folded under whiter secondaries and coverts etc at rest.

I once had a argument with a guy in the local library who reckoned what he saw as a shag was really a cormorant. I wish I had kept quiet.:)
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 47077
These are absolutely beautiful and amazing @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Incongruous indeed @gennepher . You suffer for your art and I gain the pleasure from the finished product. Tough times for you lately producing some - IMHO - of your best work for people like me who find some art really hard in terms of engagement. Hug and hope you find the rest and peace you need.
Thanks Ian.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A winner for your persistence and your art - a big hug for the jam induced nightmares. Hope the rest of your day is a lot better.
Thank you @dunelm

My head is in a strange place at the moment. It looks normal from the outside...but inside, instead of seeing the usual pictures or videos that run continuously, parading inside my head, like a 24 hour cinema, all pictures in my head are now made of triangular pieces, like broken pieces of a mirror. I have never seen that before in my head, ever in my life.

I think my brain is overloaded with all this Covid 19 stuff. It cannot make coherent sense of it...

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I gather would you rather? is "a thing" so in that vein maybe a little vox pop based on some of my data and a hunch I have held for a while. My fbg and daily peaks seem lower when my weight is higher e.g 11 st 11-13 (74.8 - 75.7 kgs) than 11 st <6-8. (72-73 kgs) Previous pb A1c, lipids and full bloods came at 12st (76.2kgs). Would you rather have the lower A1c/fbg etc or the lower weight? At 182 cms I'm fine at 12 st but not "happy" - 11-10 is plenty high enough for me IMHO. The vox pop is about weight vs fbg not my weight. My hunch is that if my weight is too low the stress raises bg (body makes up for lack of food?) - certainly plays merry hell (goes above 4 and .6 trigs) with lipids which is a very, very red line for me.

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 for me today - I must pop to the bank today and pay some bills before 2pm as it is only open 9-2pm at the moment and I should learn myself to pay my bills online before local bank permanently closes in June. I will fit my walk in around this today:)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

£300 and cars - You have reminded me I have to put mine in sometime as it needs a service and a couple of small things done which were picked up at last mot and costs £300 just like that - last year it only needed a tyre and that's when I was working and earning good money- these things are sent to try us ...

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I gather would you rather? is "a thing" so in that vein maybe a little vox pop based on some of my data and a hunch I have held for a while. My fbg and daily peaks seem lower when my weight is higher e.g 11 st 11-13 (74.8 - 75.7 kgs) than 11 st <6-8. (72-73 kgs) Previous pb A1c, lipids and full bloods came at 12st (76.2kgs). Would you rather have the lower A1c/fbg etc or the lower weight? At 182 cms I'm fine at 12 st but not "happy" - 11-10 is plenty high enough for me IMHO. The vox pop is about weight vs fbg not my weight. My hunch is that if my weight is too low the stress raises bg (body makes up for lack of food?) - certainly plays merry hell (goes above 4 and .6 trigs) with lipids which is a very, very red line for me.
Interesting how we are all different - my bs rise even when I only put on 4lbs (like just now) but I know if I lose these 4lbs my bs will go down - so I know what I have to do ... but I am not sure what I would do in your shoes