What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
More trees, I said I was not going to do any more but I emailed the two last tree paintings to friend who asked me to do them and I felt a polite not sure I like them in her response. I took a look at the picture I did her for Christmas and I can see why, lots of detail. So back to the drawing board, more detail is required and so I have started a Beech tree in misty wood so that I can concentrate on the detail. A4 about 1 hour so far, lots to do but hope to have it finished by Thursday evening.

View attachment 47088
Ah well, can’t please everyone - A deal of detail with this Beech tree though - looks great so far.

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

A broken night sleep, whirring mind, aches and pains. Just out of interest is anyone else who's had the Oxford Covid Vaccine part 1 had a burning pain where the jab went in? I had my jab 8 days ago and this sensation keeps coming and going, not terrible pain but Enough discomfort to keep waking you up. Ah well I suppose it will go away eventually.

Rain, rain ,rain here but sun promised later, I might sneak out on my Mountain Bike.

Keep safe and may your day be kind to you.

Ouch, hope it passes asap.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.8 today

shopping day today and it was pretty quiet hereabouts and thankfully not frosty ;)

Bin day for our blue bin so I did a big tidy up of some old paperwork stripping out anything identifiable before it went in the bin :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - I love the bird pair (egrets?) so graceful and once again your stroke work is great :joyful: and I like the light you have infused through the picture.

@Muddy Cyclist - When I used to sing in choral groups I had a conductor who gave us all a good tip to help with our 'interval' confidence. Pick yourself a group of strongly remembered songs, ones with each interval in it. From memory my own most useful song was 'somewhere' (there's a place for us). then you practice those bits :D worked for me. Mind you, it was for Benjamin Britten, we needed all the help we could get :hilarious:

Lovely start to the next painting, that bark is just fantastic :joyful:

@alf_Josiah - yay for bin day ;)

@gennepher - a hug for your unsettling day and a winner for putting a figure in your painting today, you're braver than me! :) It's working pretty well :happy:

art bit -

View attachment 47089
Ah, thanks @geefull and it was our blue bin yesterday also. Another one of your excellent landscapes - beautifully proportioned.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning. Our walk is delayed until it stops raining heavily.

Archie is improving day by day. He ran down the stairs this morning and then chased Poppy round and round the house. Yesterday he probably walked at least 4 miles. Today he is full of the joy of life.

Wonderful news and updates about Archie.
Almost like he's back to normal or better even.:D

Great news indeed.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a drippy rainy start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a smashing parmentier (basically a shepherds pie with lots of pepper and red wine) came in at 4.8 this am

Not really with it this morning and not fully caught up. Glad your hospital visit went well @jjraak. Big hug @gennepher but I am sure that you are well able to sort out this nasty visual migraine. Love the visual representations.

Art today - a second big bird picture - rice paper - Mrs Miggins wants one more (what is it about having three) so another one for tomorrow. Hope your day is on the way up. I am taking to my koffy pot.

upload_2021-1-28_8-48-35.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful news and updates about Archie.
Almost like he's back to normal or better even.:D

Great news indeed.
Yes, it's almost as though he is enjoying life more now. It is as though he really appreciates getting back to normal after being so ill.

We will probably feel the same when this pandemic is over. Normal life will feel wonderful and we will probably enjoy it more than we did before.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello peeps. You know... I never went on a caravan holiday when I was a kid. So now in my 50s I am so grateful that the inheritance money I put towards a swanky loft conversion allows me to experience the whole 'hammering rain off the roof' schtick so that I can now truly feel the caravan experience!

On the plus, it does make it easier to start to ease towards off sleeping patterns I guess!

Radio clip update - I never realised I had SO MANY to clip up, much less then decide what would be good material for a show reel, so my enthusiastic 'I'll spend two weeks on this before the Aus season starts' was woefully too optimistic!

On the flip side though, I am switching to Aus hours on Saturday so will cook myself a big lunch/brunch and trot upstairs for an afternoon nap and will try to push through as many hours of ZZZs as I can manage to start getting into the habit of sleeping after lunch and waking up in time for dinner. In fact - I was debating not shopping but I think I can actually do a usual shop for fresh Veg for 2-3 weeks because I will be having 'dinner' at my breakfast time, lunch at bedtime and breakfast at 'dinner' time post workout when cave-dweller heads to work.

Also last year (when I had one nice lodger and one who was a total [insert suitable descriptive word here] I was sleeping at 5pm and waking up at midnight for the first ball to be struck... which meant that the lodgers had to creep around (one did, the other was as noisy as she could manage... without realising until a couple of days in that my bed is right above hers, so she did shut up after a couple of days - quelle surprise!)

Articles to do, pages to update, clips to do and... a Swipey amnesty until March ...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, it's almost as though he is enjoying life more now. It is as though he really appreciates getting back to normal after being so ill.

We will probably feel the same when this pandemic is over. Normal life will feel wonderful and we will probably enjoy it more than we did before.

What a lovely way to look at it

And now I think of it, Spot on :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rain stop play here on the Suffolk/Cambs border. Joseph R Biden territory has bins collected Thursday and the weapons to enforce that. Swipey's first effort was 4.2 @ 3.54 then 4.8 @ 6.57. The higher one and early waking fit with an OMAD ( 3rd day in a row of avo and mackerel salad main meal) and my hunch of liver dumping glucose in lieu of food doing the business. Yesterday was a more active day than for sometime ahead of several periods of isolation starting today in preparation for 6 monthly camera work Feb 5th. Julie's 91 yo mum is moving here within 2-3 weeks and Julie is on a mercy mission to S'oton as DIL is having cesarian Feb 15th. (her retired consultant gynae parents can't escape France for their S'oton bolt hole.) Hug for migraine @gennepher, arm pain @Muddy Cyclist, not being wholly with it (man) @dunelm. Great news on Archie @Krystyna23040 and fbg plus test result @karen8967 . Mixed news @jjraak but outcome seems as good as it could be. No mackerel and avo salad for 2 days - how will I cope? Salmon tomorrow so I'll be like a pig in whatsit. COYS

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who possess webbed feet.

A 6.1 on that meter this morning.

Here in Tilehurst Towers the day has begun with instructions, orders and whatever else.
After taking pills and rearranging the accumulated dirt on my body with the aid of soap and a toothbrush I must breakout the screwdrivers, I didn't mention getting dressed, I shall try to see how long it is before Mrs J notices I am doing what I have been told to do naked. Isn't lockdown wonderful?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So pleased you have got over the migraine attack. Migraine is horrible. I do like your paintings of what you see during an attack.

You definitely do need to sort out your issue with your surgery. It is appalling that your surgery is doctorless.
Thanks @Krystyna23040
I do need to get answers to my questions..

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning. Our walk is delayed until it stops raining heavily.

Archie is improving day by day. He ran down the stairs this morning and then chased Poppy round and round the house. Yesterday he probably walked at least 4 miles. Today he is full of the joy of life.
It am so happy he is doing brilliantl

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a drippy rainy start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a smashing parmentier (basically a shepherds pie with lots of pepper and red wine) came in at 4.8 this am

Not really with it this morning and not fully caught up. Glad your hospital visit went well @jjraak. Big hug @gennepher but I am sure that you are well able to sort out this nasty visual migraine. Love the visual representations.

Art today - a second big bird picture - rice paper - Mrs Miggins wants one more (what is it about having three) so another one for tomorrow. Hope your day is on the way up. I am taking to my koffy pot.

View attachment 47095
Brilliant birds again!
Three paintings is nice, goes well on the wall....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

A broken night sleep, whirring mind, aches and pains. Just out of interest is anyone else who's had the Oxford Covid Vaccine part 1 had a burning pain where the jab went in? I had my jab 8 days ago and this sensation keeps coming and going, not terrible pain but Enough discomfort to keep waking you up. Ah well I suppose it will go away eventually.

Rain, rain ,rain here but sun promised later, I might sneak out on my Mountain Bike.

Keep safe and may your day be kind to you.
Hi @Muddy Cyclist - there was a question regarding this on our local town facebook page. Quite a few people said that the injection site was very sore for a few days. Some reported it feeling hot, some reported feeling fine. A nurse focused upon the injection, being driven into muscle, would cause some irritation in some people.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is so lovely to see him so happy. When he had the stroke he was so unhappy and confused which we found really upsetting.
It upset me too when Popeye had bad signs of dementia. He was so confused, and that made me unhappy. The dementia tablets worked very quickly, but it was a couple of months before I totally got the old Popeye back. You wouldn't know now that he had dementia problems a few months ago.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Muddy Cyclist - there was a question regarding this on our local town facebook page. Quite a few people said that the injection site was very sore for a few days. Some reported it feeling hot, some reported feeling fine. A nurse focused upon the injection, being driven into muscle, would cause some irritation in some people.
Thank you, very useful info, I searched the net but could not find any answers. So I can breath easy again. :):)