What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bad night sleeping in 2 hour blocks, so only just about got up in time for zoom class.

L cheese crisps cooked in microwave rather than oven or grill. About 8 olives. 1 lc scone.

D 3 egg omelette made from leftovers of sauerkraut, peppers, smoked sausage and gouda. Side salad
20g 100% chocolate mixed with 2 chopped brazils and a little double cream

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs on sourdough toast black coffee

2 lamb cutlets with green beans and broccolini dressed with garlicky oil dressing

Brunch
Sourdough toast with butter and all low carb natural st dalfour Four fruits jam that has 2.34g carbs per serve.

Lunch

Dinner at pub salt and pepper calamari with some salad and chips. Gin and tonic

Breaky Scrambled eggs with ham on sourdough toast black coffee

Dinner defrosted 3 chicken rissoles with tomato sauce and made some creamy home-made mash potatoes ate only 2 rissoles must say enjoyed this meal and was very filling perhaps more carbs then intended

bsl 6.4 @ 11.32am
Breakfast scrambled eggs with 5 Sorrento/cherry tomatoes black coffee

Bsl 4.8 @ 4.49pm
Snack few pistachios and cashews black coffee

Dinner not sure brought some chicken breast and chicken Maryland's bone so may grill the chicken breast and have a salad. And freeze chicken Maryland they take longer too cook because of bone and not in mood to wait that long for meal LOL... I normally buy a whole chicken and cut up myself as the skin is still on it but didn't feel like cutting up chicken tonight but it annoys me that you can't buy deboned chicken peices with skin on it any more.
Dinner at pub - you lucky soul - where in the world are you? x

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh interest that @ziggy_w uses the whole eggs, I would buy the egg whites from the supermarket when I could find it as didn't like wasting the yolks as no idea what to do with them apart from making mayonaise which I don't eat much
Egg whites - I didn't realise you could buy them separately - are they just in a carton or whatever?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Thinking of you today and hope all has gone well for you.

@shelley262 I hope you stay safe with weathergate and good luck for tomorrow - it is just a worry

@Bex72 Lasagne menu looks good

@maglil55 You made me laugh with your liquid dinner

Brunch - warm chia pudding made with coconut milk, flaxseeds, cinnamon & berries on top

Dinner - gammon steak with a fried egg & grated cheese on top. Earl grey tea and 2 squares of lindtt 90% with peanut butter on top

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all and thank you so very much for your good wishes everyone.
It was an emotionally exhausting day but all ok now - clear scan so another 6 months of living life to the full!
I’m wearing a Libre CGM and it was no surprise to see that in the 15 mins from getting into the waiting room this afternoon - to being called in to see the doctor, my BG went up nearly 2 mmol! 15 mins later it was back down to its original level.
No food this morning as liquids only allowed prior to scan. Fine by me as black coffee was allowed.
Egg Mayo on DD roll afterwards.
More anxiety type grazing on nuts, chorizo crisps, and a small 70% chic bar until the afternoon appointment.
Evening meal of Nando’s takeaway: 4 chicken thighs, Halloumi and broccoli. Couple of glasses of celebratory champagne and a glass of red wine. Lots of water and tea afterwards ( don’t want to be feeling hungover on the long drive back)
@shelley262 I’m glad you are on high ground but I can’t believe it’s happened again with the flood defences, those poor people.

Onlinecaroline

Brunch: 3 eggs mashed with butter and half a slice of Hovis lower carb bread.

Snack - 2 olives and a mini chicken satay.

Dinner - Chicken breast stuffed with Boursin and wrapped in prosciutto, with creamed spinach and broccoli. About 8g but mostly for the veg.
2 squares of Raspberry and Hazelnut Green and Blacks with a cuppa.

Almost over my fat content today with all the butter from the breakfast but hoping that the continuous low carb will bring my bloods down.

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
It was an emotionally exhausting day but all ok now - clear scan so another 6 months of living life to the full!
I’m wearing a Libre CGM and it was no surprise to see that in the 15 mins from getting into the waiting room this afternoon - to being called in to see the doctor, my BG went up nearly 2 mmol! 15 mins later it was back down to its original level.
No food this morning as liquids only allowed prior to scan. Fine by me as black coffee was allowed.
More anxiety type grazing on nuts, chorizo crisps, and a small 70% chic bar until the afternoon appointment.
Evening meal of Nando’s takeaway: 4 chicken thighs, Halloumi and broccoli. Couple of glasses of celebratory champagne and a glass of red wine. Lots of water and tea afterwards ( don’t want to be feeling hungover on the long drive back)
@shelley262 I’m glad you are on high ground but I can’t believe it’s happened again with the flood defences, those poor people.
Fantastic news DJC3!

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
A nice breakfast, pancakes made with egg, coconut flour (not much) and coconut milk and a pot of rooibos tea.

I can't flip these pancakes as they fall apart so it was finished off on the grill. It was the best looking one so far, hence the photo!

IMG_20210129_083140.jpg

Reactions: maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Egg whites - I didn't realise you could buy them separately - are they just in a carton or whatever?
Yes in carton I buy them in woolworths in Australia this is the brand I buy. I did do a search and found this brand in UK

https://twochicks.co.uk/
Screenshot_20210129-211805_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Mrs T 123

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Dinner at pub - you lucky soul - where in the world are you? x
I live In Australia we are luckier then many countries with this covid but when we go out to dinner etc have to check in using a tracking app on our phones.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderful news! I am so pleased for you.

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Been MIA from this thread for a while.

Very good news on the scan @DJC3

TMAD+ today.

Brunch was pork belly pieces coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried.
Dinner was Picanha. Picked up on an impromptu Waitrose visit this afternoon. Delicious, as is the unpasteurised butter picked up on the same visit - could eat slices of it. Creamy and delicious.

Work has been v stressful recently and have fallen back into a bit of chocolate consumption (although I did manage to put the almond butter that jumped off the shelf back onto the shelf, so one victory). Melted some Waitrose 1 90% with some of the butter and coated some salted almonds and macadamia.

9BB54DCC-F30F-4DB9-8B91-E39192FE52FD.jpeg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal hugs for the work stress hope you have a more relaxing weekend.
@DJC3 so thrilled for you - enjoy the celebrations hope journey back has gone, or is going,well take care
This morning had trip out to local hospital for eye screening it felt very safe and well organised I also really enjoyed putting smarter clothes on and when there chatting to the technician doing the screening and the other patient in the waiting room, the other patient was fairly newly diagnosed and enjoyed chatting to him about carbs especially hidden ones! Suggested he look at this site and diet doctor hope he does he was very much at sea on his own very hard especially just now.
Black coffee all morning
Lunch two boiled eggs with one slice of hm Lc thickly buttered bread
Mid pm 20g of 100% chocolate
Dinner sea bass in lemon butter with broccoli and cauliflower cheese with soda water and splash dry white wine followed by DGF gingerbread with double cream.
Snow forecast yet again for us in the am so crossing fingers like last weekend that my online delivery gets here. We did have a delivery cancelled due to snow so a bit nervous as quite low on supplies. Let’s hope weather wrong!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fab news! Take care x

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A nice breakfast, pancakes made with egg, coconut flour (not much) and coconut milk and a pot of rooibos tea.

I can't flip these pancakes as they fall apart so it was finished off on the grill. It was the best looking one so far, hence the photo!

View attachment 47112
My mouth is watering ... looks lovely - roughly how much milk and flour did you add? as I have some coconut milk to use up

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I live In Australia we are luckier then many countries with this covid but when we go out to dinner etc have to check in using a tracking app on our phones.
Right that's it I am heading there - albeit other side of world from me in not so Bonnie Scotland, you have pubs open, sunshine and woolworths ...

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Been MIA from this thread for a while.

Very good news on the scan @DJC3

TMAD+ today.

Brunch was pork belly pieces coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried.
Dinner was Picanha. Picked up on an impromptu Waitrose visit this afternoon. Delicious, as is the unpasteurised butter picked up on the same visit - could eat slices of it. Creamy and delicious.

Work has been v stressful recently and have fallen back into a bit of chocolate consumption (although I did manage to put the almond butter that jumped off the shelf back onto the shelf, so one victory). Melted some Waitrose 1 90% with some of the butter and coated some salted almonds and macadamia.

View attachment 47116
Virtual hugs for work related stress - I bet you are glad it's Friday - have you got that Friday feeling or just knackered with it all ...

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal hugs for the work stress hope you have a more relaxing weekend.
@DJC3 so thrilled for you - enjoy the celebrations hope journey back has gone, or is going,well take care
This morning had trip out to local hospital for eye screening it felt very safe and well organised I also really enjoyed putting smarter clothes on and when there chatting to the technician doing the screening and the other patient in the waiting room, the other patient was fairly newly diagnosed and enjoyed chatting to him about carbs especially hidden ones! Suggested he look at this site and diet doctor hope he does he was very much at sea on his own very hard especially just now.
Black coffee all morning
Lunch two boiled eggs with one slice of hm Lc thickly buttered bread
Mid pm 20g of 100% chocolate
Dinner sea bass in lemon butter with broccoli and cauliflower cheese with soda water and splash dry white wine followed by DGF gingerbread with double cream.
Snow forecast yet again for us in the am so crossing fingers like last weekend that my online delivery gets here. We did have a delivery cancelled due to snow so a bit nervous as quite low on supplies. Let’s hope weather wrong!
I hope you hear good news from your eye screening. Take care x