Ever get a bad post meal reading after months of good ones ?

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I indulged in some pizza, 3 slices with some fries.
I've had great readings the past few months while upping my carbs, normal non-diabetic readings.
Well after my splurge I got the following reading:
1 hour 9.6
2 hour 7.3
3 hour 6.4

Last time I measured the same meal I was 5.6 @ 2 hours so I'm having trouble explaining it.
One thing is I had a fall on the stairs earlier this week & have been resting up with a bad back.

I have had odd high readings in the past with familair "safe" meals but it's been a while.
Just came as a shock & knocks your confidence.
Back to futher weight loss & exercise I suppose.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Combining the rest and not exactly good food choice imo might well explain that. Resting, less sensitivity... injury to some degree and the food topping it all off.

Reactions: Ronancastled

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have been increasing your intake of carbs you might have reached the limit of your storage capabilities and now need to empty them out again in order to be able to cope with what you eat.
These days I can eat more carbs from time to time, but I can see the consequences straight away in a weight increase which takes ages to get rid of.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well not to leave it alone I poked the bear again last night & ate the same dinner as above.
BG @ 2 hours was 5.6 :woot:

So was yesterday just an odd anomily that happens to anyone ?
Can't explain it only that my back injury has improved & I got in a short walk prior to dinner.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You don’t say what it was before the pizza either day. Was it raised already the first day?

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You don’t say what it was before the pizza either day. Was it raised already the first day?

Oh yes, my pre-meal is always back at fasting so low 4's.
Some days I'm in high 3's when I haven't eaten since lunch.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it can be due to build up. I can eat what I like within reason as long as I do it rarely.

When I'm running allot I really can consume carbs.

If you have too much too frequently or do less activity then it can spike again.

That's what I find any way

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was it a different pizza perhaps? I tried a single mouthful of boy's 'hoisin pork' one last night and omg it tasted so sugary. I'd been imagining and craving savory, cheesy gorgeousness but it was awful

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to report normal service is now resumed, blip remains unexplained.
Could have been the meter, could have been my injury, could have been missing exercise, could have been a virus, who know ???

Had a breakfast roll this morning & was 5.4mmol/L @ 1 hour with no exercise.
Funny how you'll remember the one bad reading instead of the 20 good ones.