What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a pink tinged canopy in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Zoom snacks and Christmas leftover tit-bits came in at 5.3 this am

Virtual meet up with cousins went spiffingly last night - the NZ lot stayed with us for an hour or so and then went out for the day - as you do when there is no Covid about. Baked a loaf of bread in the Ninja, so that works.
Cat nap with cat sounds like a tonic @gennepher - I like your water falling into the gorge - smashing colours - wonder what planet it is on?
RIP Hilton Valentine - now in The House of the Rising Sun.

Another tree today, on rice paper. Have a wonderful Sunday, I am off to make koffy and then a walk in the park.

View attachment 47152
Thank you for the painting compliment @dunelm
:)

That is a fantastic pine tree. I like it very much...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Those deep sleeps are so good, a winner.

Another fantastical piece of art how do you manage it on such a small device, brilliant.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

Actually it is much easier than you think on a tiny device. You don't get bogged down in unnecessary detail. Although I can still do detail on the tiny device, but it takes me a little longer...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a complete c*** up @Krystyna23040
I am glad he got it sorted.

I dread to think how me, a deaf person (or any deaf people who live on their own), will get notification and how the heck are they meant to use a telephone? I can see me not being able to get the vaccine with the current notification systems.
I was lucky with my notification because it came via text to my mobile phone and a link to a very local vaccine centre. I booked on their website with absolutely no problem. It look about 2 minutes.

Mr K got a letter saying that he could wait for his surgery to contact him and I would assume that he would have been sent to the link to the local vaccine centre which would have worked perfectly. In.the letter he was also given a different link which covered a much bigger area from which he could book an immediate appointment.

I persuaded him not to wait for the local link but to book his vaccine through the link in the letter. To his credit he only said once that 'he wished he hadn't listened to me'.

I would assume that he was unlucky that the national booking system was suffering with IT problems yesterday. Hopefully that isn't a regular occurrence.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would assume that he was unlucky that the national booking system was suffering with IT problems yesterday. Hopefully that isn't a regular occurrence.
IT is too easy to blame for glitches. I have friends who have had similar problems throughout, even being told they have already had the jab when getting to appointment. Does not give one lots of confidence, luckily my Health Centre is ringing patients.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
IT is too easy to blame for glitches. I have friends who have had similar problems throughout, even being told they have already had the jab when getting to appointment. Does not give one lots of confidence, luckily my Health Centre is ringing patients.
Ah, it sounds like a more widespread problem with the national booking system. He was also being taken straight to book his second jab by the IT system and then immediately got an email cancelling the second jab. What a shame it hasn't been sorted.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6 this morning. I got side tracked by changing beds and washing and tumble drying heaps of washing plus sorting other stuff so I suppose DP kicked in.

How do two people generate so much washing.

We are going out later for our walk when hopefully it will be warmer and the 4th wash load has finished washing. Then there is only one more to do.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will be happy when January is over. My plans to sleep from lunch to tea-time yesterday took a hit when the electrics tripped in the loft and wouldn't reset. Turns out the torrential rain of the last few days was leaking from the extractor fan vent and shorted out the fan.

More money gone, no sleep (none anyway with money worries and now even less) and so going to try again on top of a big brunch.

Made worse by hearing some of the people on commentary who would not know a forehand from a backhand if they tried so... kicking myself I didn't do a better job on my commentary test, but there we go.

Maybe the gods are telling me I am flogging a dead horse.

I don't know... anyway - going to be too hard to check in on top of working through the night for the next three weeks so see you at the end of February.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap, I am always loading, unloading washing machine and ironing. We are either very clean people or extremely mucky, never sure which. :)
Ah, ironing. I really don't miss ironing 15 white shirts for the boys and 5-8 of my own every Sunday. Had the contemporary non-iron shirts been available we would have been in like a shot. Tyrwhitt, Lewin, Gieves and Hawkes et al arrived on my radar a little too late. Their non iron shirts are high on the list of things all 3 sons "borrowed". They can't squeeze into mine now.

Reactions: jjraak

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.

Good idea for birthday present, however I know my son he would leave it at home. :) My daughter sees people as old or young spirits when they come to spend their time on Earth, she says her brother is definitely a very young spirit with little or no experience. :)
You never get 2 the same

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep it keeps me on my toes. He is doing a Muddy Cycle ride with me later today, last time I had to loan him gloves which I will never see again, rest assured something else will be needed today.
I have 1 exactly the same ...

Reactions: jjraak

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke up late this am after going to sleep again at after 6 am and dreaming.
I was in a bus station with others and all the buses went out with no bus for us. They then shut all the doors and the side doors that would open were blocked by vehicles and we were forgotten about and we couldn't get out!
Obviously a Covid dream.

It fascinating how the mind puts it all into the package of a bus trip!

Now coming round with a cup of tea brought by the duchess. Its usually me who wakes first.

Have a good sunday everyone.
D.
I have just remembered I had a covid dream last night too - I was in hospital (not with covid) visiting someone but I can't remember who and then it was a bit mixed up and we were social distancing with masks etc. - weird obviously covid at the back of my mind ...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher this is the very easy to use booking system used by our local surgeries. Hopefully it is also being used by Wales.
COVID Vaccine Booking Programme.
Today we started using a new Covid Vaccine Booking Programme called Accubook. Once your age/priority group becomes eligible, Accubook should make it easy for you to book in for your covid vaccination. Please note the following:
· The system will send a text to the the mobile number held by your surgery, inviting you to book into our next available clinic. Once you receive the text, you can book a date and time via the link in the text message.
· If we don’t have your mobile number on your contact details at your surgery, or your number is invalid for any reason, you will still get called by our booking team.
· If you have received a text invite but are struggling to book your appointment, your internet browser might ask you to 'accept cookies', click accept and try again. If you still have problems then please contact our reception team who will be happy to help.
· If you have booked an appointment but then would like to cancel, you can do so via the text message you received.
· If you do not respond to the invitation after 24 hours, then a new text invitation will be sent as a reminder after 48 hours.
We are currently inviting our 70 year old or over patients. Please DO NOT call the surgery to book your appointment. You will be contacted in due course.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap, I am always loading, unloading washing machine and ironing. We are either very clean people or extremely mucky, never sure which. :)
I have a diploma in washing machine and tumble drier operative level 1 but have quite forgotten what ironing is - it happened the day I left the army - must have bumped my head and lost a bit of memory.