What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning.

However, overnight the reading averaged 7.2 and even went to 8 at one point and stayed over 7.6 for good 2 hours. I guess this is mainly down to my experiment with food last night. Other than normal food groups that have not caused spike, I just added Courgette and Quorn mycoprotein chunks with tomato onion sauce to the mix to see what happens. Courgette was air fried and I ate two of those as snacks. I could see from nutritional break up that it has higher carb percentage but in total it only added a total of 13gms carbs. Quorn on the other hand only says 3.9gms carb per 100gms and I ate about 140gms so that would have been another 5.46gms of carbs but the tomato and onion sauce perhaps added some more crabs and then the almond bread had some... overall I am assuming it made the total carb intake cross the 30gms threshold and caused the spikes of last night.

I also noticed a weight gain of about 2.1 Kg this morning and for the amount of food I had that seems bizarre but I guess water retention would have been higher as well. Not worried about any of this as am now going to fast for 2 days which should bring back the balance but the learning curve on food groups was significant and I thought this might be interesting for few on here. :)

Have a great start of week everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely go with the 6.0 @PenguinMum .
My Libre does the opposite and lulls me into a false sense of security if I’m not careful. Told me 4.9 today and I’ve been flatlining high 4s for a couple of days.
Finger prick this morning however was 6.6 and it was 6.9 at bedtime so assume I’ve actually been flatlining high 6s - very disappointing.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes that's true. Although that 4.2 was finger prick. by the looks of it shower in general brings up the reading...though it drops fairly quickly too in like 15 minutes...and the spike is nowhere as dramatic as shown by libre :D ... surprising but I have checked it number of times.

It truly puzzles me why having a shower should do this. It’s a good excuse not to have a shower. :))

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Stan Freberg (Day O) wring it man,wring it:angelic:
Six foot, seven foot, eight foot BUNCH.....” Uncle Mac Saturday morning then off to the Odeon for Kids movies....

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning.

Less sleep really can make a difference, huh? Although it was a bit earlier on the test due to working the early shift today so might also be DP.

2 hours after a fully "oh **** I'm going to be late for work" carb heavy bowl of cereal for breakfast I'm at 6.0 I don't think I'm going to figure this out fully any day soon.

It truly puzzles me why having a shower should do this. It’s a good excuse not to have a shower. :))
Winter showers are not something I look forward to so any excuse is a good excuse ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning.

Less sleep really can make a difference, huh? Although it was a bit earlier on the test due to working the early shift today so might also be DP.

2 hours after a fully "oh **** I'm going to be late for work" carb heavy bowl of cereal for breakfast I'm at 6.0 I don't think I'm going to figure this out fully any day soon.

Winter showers are not something I look forward to so any excuse is a good excuse ;)
@the-mental-one just thought L'd say I very much like your avatar and posts. Like the cut of your jib muchly. No, I'm not a creepy old git - honest.

foxiecoxie

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Reactions: Ymdawd

foxiecoxie

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
My first thing reading today 6.9 . I can cut down on carbs quite easily but have a really sweet tooth and soon weaken at the sight of a bit of cake or chocolate and resistance weak