Metformin

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve just been prescribed this and took it this morning for the first time. How long will it take to start noticing results? Because my blood sugar rised to 11.2. Does it work the first day you take it

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you a Type 1 talking metformin? or have you posted in the wrong section - if so I'm sure one of the mods will move it for you if you ask them

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Are you a Type 1 talking metformin? or have you posted in the wrong section - if so I'm sure one of the mods will move it for you if you ask them
I am type 1 yes. My blood sugars are out of control so they prescribed it

Jessitalia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve just been prescribed this and took it this morning for the first time. How long will it take to start noticing results? Because my blood sugar rised to 11.2. Does it work the first day you take it
How’s it going? I got prescribed it today. A tad confused as to why (6.4%,HBA1c; not overweight) but will give it a go,

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
How’s it going? I got prescribed it today. A tad confused as to why (6.4%,HBA1c; not overweight) but will give it a go,
It worked so well for 4 weeks and then my blood sugars became high again. Feeling really hopeless now.

ZiggyM

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I always thought metforim was more used to help with liver dumping glucose it does not really change your numbers after you eat food like insulin or result in a lot lower numbers if you are type 2 (that would be other medications or/and life style changes).

Maybe someone with more knowledge will add something, I always thought it was to help with fasting numbers.