Type 2 16.8mmol/l 2 hours after eating, but sweating

DeeAitch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I’m confused my readings were 16.8mmol/l 2 hours after eating (13.7mmol/l 3 hours after) which I believe is quite high, but I’m sweating (cold clammy type) which everywhere tells me is a low sugar symptom, any ideas why this is happening?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What did you eat and where were your bloods before the food?
Any changes in meds ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
social media but trying
Hi sweating is a symptom of hypo but many things can cause sweating like infection and dare I say it women of a certain age. I have no idea how old you are or which sex you identify with so don't tell me! I would advise you talk to a GP as this does not look hypo or even diabetes related. In type 1 which I am an infection raises BG and this might need antibiotics or something. Again a GP is best.

Reactions: DeeAitch

Hotpepper20000

Now that I have had normal blood sugars for a number of years, I have noticed the very rare occasion that I have higher blood sugar’s I get nervous and hot.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

If you are used to higher numbers? Our bodies can react to lower sugars and give hypo symptons, as you are still high this may not be the case but if you have been working on lowering numbers, maybe its possible.

I dont sweat when I hypo, for me hypos are unmistakable with anything else, but I guess we are all different huh.

Seek doctors advice, good luck

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I’m confused my readings were 16.8mmol/l 2 hours after eating (13.7mmol/l 3 hours after) which I believe is quite high, but I’m sweating (cold clammy type) which everywhere tells me is a low sugar symptom, any ideas why this is happening?

I think the only real way to know if you are hyper, hypo, or 'normal' is to test with a glucometer.
There is a vast range of different symptoms for both highs and lows, and a significant overlap between them, so trusting to how you feel is likely to be unreliable.

DeeAitch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all for your responses, I’m type 2 & my GP when I was diagnosed a couple of years ago told me not to take readings, so generally I don’t but my recent HbA1c results were 75 & I felt so rough this am I thought I’d check it as a one off, my new GP has just changed my meds to Empaglaflozin so we’ll see how that pans out, if it doesn’t then they are threatening insulin injections

Hotpepper20000

Thank you all for your responses, I’m type 2 & my GP when I was diagnosed a couple of years ago told me not to take readings, so generally I don’t but my recent HbA1c results were 75 & I felt so rough this am I thought I’d check it as a one off, my new GP has just changed my meds to Empaglaflozin so we’ll see how that pans out, if it doesn’t then they are threatening insulin injections
If you are interested in feeling better many members here have improved their health by changing what they eat.
If you share with us what you eat on on a average day, then perhaps we can guide you.
Also the advice of not using a blood glucose meter to test your levels and how what you eat effects it is nonsense.
You need to know so you can change it for the better.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Have you tried changing what you eat to avoid the medications?

Testing of course will show you what various different foods are doing to your blood sugar otherwise you'll never know which of your foods is killing you.

Your doctor simply didn't want to pay for test strips hence the poor advice.

The flozins aren't an especially nice group of medications and bring their own issues.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-medication/sglt2-inhibitors.html

With an HbA1c of 75 you could probably get your levels down to normal with some fairly simple carb cutting changes.