Need advice on sweetener please help.

Sad21+

Hello this question is regarding sweeteners. My mum was diagnosed with type two diabetes last December. Which completely broke me. What's worse being her carer her being carer is a reflection on me, and how I failed. I'm doing all I can to put her in remission. Until then please god, I'm finding myself in so many issues and constantly shopping researching,reading and watching videos.

I saw a video about sweeteners and to avoid those that contain MALTODEXTRIN. Something told me to check and her sweetner has it. I was floored. I'm currently using Canderel. This was in the chemist in the diabetes section. I read it was diabetic friendly.

I'm so overwhelmed and anxious. I have so much food that we cannot use and I'm getting paranoid. Could any of you please advice me what sweetners is appriopriate and what I should avoid.Please and thank you. Sorry for long comment.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello this question is regarding sweeteners. My mum was diagnosed with type two diabetes last December. Which completely broke me. What's worse being her carer her being carer is a reflection on me, and how I failed. I'm doing all I can to put her in remission. Until then please god, I'm finding myself in so many issues and constantly shopping researching,reading and watching videos.

I saw a video about sweeteners and to avoid those that contain MALTODEXTRIN. Something told me to check and her sweetner has it. I was floored. I'm currently using Canderel. This was in the chemist in the diabetes section. I read it was diabetic friendly.

I'm so overwhelmed and anxious. I have so much food that we cannot use and I'm getting paranoid. Could any of you please advice me what sweetners is appriopriate and what I should avoid.Please and thank you. Sorry for long comment.
Here is a good indepth article from this site that should give you some reliable information
Nutritive and Non-nutritive Sweeteners (diabetes.co.uk)

Reactions: Sad21+