What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It was 4.9 this morning at 6.30 AM.

Also the weight loss this morning was 2.2 Kg so like I anticipated the one day of fasting has already got the balance back. I will continue fasting till tomorrow morning anyway as I had planned.

No more food experiments until 09/02 now when I have my HbA1c scheduled. I want that result to be as good as possible because that will validate what the finger pricks and Libre are showing and help me stay motivated,

Have a wonderful rest of the day everyone. :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

Didn't post yesterday -- a bit busy with work right now.

5.2 yesterday and 4.6 today.

@PenguinMum @DJC3 -- Hugs for your sensor troubles.
@Ryhia -- Great results.
@foxiecoxie -- Welcome to the thread and the forum.
@nutribolt -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your HbA1c come Feb. 9. I am sure you'll do really well.
@Pipp -- For me, taking a bath and house cleaning always ups my blood sugars noticeably (and usually more than anything I eat). So, I wouldn't be surprised if yours had been in the 5s before all this.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.

It took several attempts to get any blood at all. Hands were warm, but no blood. In the end I had to put the lancet setting to 5. Usually 3 will do. Even then it was like drawing blood from a stone.

Do any of you struggle to get blood in the mornings. If so what do you do about it.

I struggled for the first time this morning , similar to you but didn’t go deeper just tried 3 different fingers.

Fasting BG 5.8 this morning at 0630 , struggling with a painful shoulder so didn’t sleep too well, so went for a short run for the first time outdoors in nearly 30 years. We bought a treadmill the week of my diagnosis in Nov 2020 and I’ve gone from running like a newborn giraffe on that to going a bit faster and further. I had to complete a Bruce protocol treadmill test in January for work and having not run for so long meant some training was required.

Quick shower and now off to work to see what chaos gets thrown at me today, it’s never boring.

My first post on this chat, I’ll try and make some of it interesting !

Reactions: ziggy_w

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Swipey - on its last legs - was insistent my fbg be 4.8 at 6.17 pm. I hadn't the heart to disabuse it of that preposterous notion by verifying with Stabbo. [/USER]
You sir have the unique ability to put a smile on my face each day. Have a lovely day. Will post my readings a bit later, heading into a call now.

Reactions: Ymdawd