pkumar

Hi

Here are the data points

Glucose Fasting
12-Dec 13.6 mmol/L
31-Dec 14.5 mmol/L
HBA1C
31-Dec 11.70%

We have started diet plan from 1 Jan and medicines from 28 Dec.

1. Bit of lifestyle change
2. Excercise

Current Medicine
1 Metformin 500g (Morning and Night)
2 Losartan 50g (Morning)

We aer still contemplating to get blood sugar device. Today BP was high (130/94). When DR did blood sugar using device. it was 4.9. (after 3 hours of meal). Thjis came as pleasant surprise. Any pros / cons to keep in view with this number.

HBA1C is planned after 3 months.

Reactions: kokhongw

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Definitely get a meter and start testing your meals. Start eliminating foods that make you spike.

Reactions: pkumar

PiersAaron

After I started keto, my HbA1C went from 14.2% to 7.1% in approximately 90 days. FBG went from 338mg/dL to 84 mg/dL in the same 90 days. All attributable to 500mg of Metformin twice a day and the keto diet coupled with intermittent fasting.

IOW, sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks. what does 4.9 mean. did we push something really low or anything to be cautious

4.9 mmol/l is pretty normal reading so don't worry about it being too low.
Considering what your readings were before you are obviously doing something right!

pkumar

After I started keto, my HbA1C went from 14.2% to 7.1% in approximately 90 days. FBG went from 338mg/dL to 84 mg/dL in the same 90 days. All attributable to 500mg of Metformin twice a day and the keto diet coupled with intermittent fasting.

IOW, sounds like you are headed in the right direction.
thank you very much. This is encouraging and re-assuring. We really dont know how we got into high Blood Sugar in first place. Now we have accepted and key is working on diet and slowly started on exercise.

Reactions: PiersAaron

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you very much. This is encouraging and re-assuring. We really dont know how we got into high Blood Sugar in first place. Now we have accepted and key is working on diet and slowly started on exercise.

A good guide would be reviewing your diet and reducing carbs. It has the most immediate impact to glucose/insulin response.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0899900714003323

Here is how most of us typically got here... exceptions are those T1D and low BMI individuals.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/t2d-progression.1500/

Reactions: jjraak