Excellent product

$uresh

Jardiance (Empagliflozin) is one of the marvellous recent inventions from Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly Diabetes. This is a perfect solution for those who have almost given up fighting diabetics through diet and exercise. As I learnt that this works on reverse mechanism from traditional medication induced absorption method to discharge glucose through helping kidneys and thus reducing glucose in the blood stream.

No wonder doctors prescribe this medication along with the advice to exercise daily, as a lay man I assume that the reason may be to absorb as much you need through building muscle as storage before glycogen is flushed out of the system. Great product at least for myself. My HbA1c has been reduced considerably. A huge thank you to my GP Doctor for prescribing this medication.

I believe that every Individuals body mechanism is different like their finger print and unique patterns of a person’s retina but their blood sugar alone is expected to be within a particular range. However, we all would certainly agree the fact that too much unabsorbed sugar circulating in blood stream for whatever reason is also very bad. Please note that this is my personal view only for those who have been fighting type2 diabetics for at least over a decade through medication and suffering resistance to prescribed medicine.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
As I learnt that this works on reverse mechanism from traditional medication induced absorption method to discharge glucose through helping kidneys and thus reducing glucose in the blood stream.

Not sure getting kidneys to pass sugar is so good for the kidneys, though.... And as a female who's had thrush one too many times (and even once is too often) I'd argue that passing sugar through your urine can have other drawbacks.

But it's great that it works for you, and it's good to have extra drugs out there in the arsenal to fight T2 diabetes.

Can you share your before and after hba1c and whether you've tried low cqrbing?

Reactions: DJC3 and hankjam

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I found going low carb worked better than adding in extra drugs, for me.
I lost weight, got my T2 into remission and improved my cholesterol.

Reactions: DJC3

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
$uresh, welcome the forum. I may cynical, but every medication has side effects and that has to be taken into consideration. I am discounting what you are saying, but everyone different and that has to be taken into consideration. I do agree that Jardiance could be bridge to help someone to control things,but we need to know the long term effect of tasking it. I will not mention the specific drug, because I do no want to upset anyone taking taking it on the forum. Any how I was prescribed a diabetic drug that
had a side effect that was dangerous. I guess that is the reason why I am a little synical.

Jardiance just might be beneficial but you need to look at the entire picture

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the $ in your name because you are being paid to come here and support big pharma or..?
Many of us have used dietary changes to not only reverse the course of our diabetes but also put it into remission without any medication whatsoever.
If you are interested we can tell you how.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If your bath is overflowing do you make the plug hole bigger or turn off the tap?
Many pharma therapies include turning on the tap even more (insulin, sulphonureaas) whereas metformin and the sglt2 inibitors (emphasgapflozin) at least don't do that but isn't it simpler to just attempt to stop your body flood with glucose that it can't handle?
I am type 1 so this applies to me too given the difficulty of mimicking the complicated mechanisms of our metabolic system with many more variables than I can compute.

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If your bath is overflowing do you make the plug hole bigger or turn off the tap?
Many pharma therapies include turning on the tap even more (insulin, sulphonureaas) whereas metformin and the sglt2 inibitors (emphasgapflozin) at least don't do that but isn't it simpler to just attempt to stop your body flood with glucose that it can't handle?
I am type 1 so this applies to me too given the difficulty of mimicking the complicated mechanisms of our metabolic system with many more variables than I can compute.

This isn't a bad analogy..

I'd push it further & say it's like filling your car's tank of fuel & allowing a leak in either the fuel pump or hose to waste an expensive resource before it powers the engine..?

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In addition to what others have said, I would add that I was on Jardiance for well over a year and it did not put a dent on my HbA1cs and then a week into low carb and I was free of any and all medication with sugar readings that a year back wouldn't even dare to dream.