What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning then 6.2 after cornflakes for breakfast...just wanted to check on how my body deals with those carbs as I used to eat them a lot, seems like it may be ok when I'm on metformin at least.

Going to try and take my FBG the same time every day see if I can't figure out how to drop this dawn phenomenon.

Although it might be that I'm not sleeping brilliantly as I woke up briefly at least 3 times last night. Also eating early is hard as I work until 7 or 8pm on an evening shift so am not home until quite late...I try and eat the main meal at lunch time which is quite late anyway if I'm on the morning shift as it finishes at 1pm so I'm not home until close to 2pm.

@ianpspurs I wish I could eat fish, meals would be so much easier. I do chicken breast with mixed salad leaves and avocado...lovely with a bit of home made dressing and some sesame seeds sprinkled over them.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.5 this morning after first fasting day. It will likely go downwards today as well and I will have to keep a watch as I would not want numbers hovering in 3.x before I go to bed tonight.

@the-mental-one I am sure it will be easy for anyone who is lazy enough like me. You see fasting inadvertently allows me to avoid cooking and if mrs is cooking it means less time for her in the kitchen and more time with me and that quality time is a huge motivation :).

Apart from that, I really do feel that going very low carb helped with reduced hunger pangs and over time fasting periods have become as natural as gap between two meals on a normal eating day.
Forgive me if you have told us already, @nutribolt , but is the fasting purely for BG control, or are you needing to lose weight too?

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgive me if you have told us already, @nutribolt , but is the fasting purely for BG control, or are you needing to lose weight too?
ummm... I wasn't overweight at 73.6 Kg for my height back in 19/10/2020 when I started preparing for ADF by going LCHF, so I would say my motivation was purely BG control at the time, but once I saw that weight reduction is feasible with this routine I did want to bring my weight nearer to the lower limit of the ideal weight and that along with curiosity as to how much I can push the boundaries in fasting as well as getting rid of the confounded liver dumps motivated me for extended fasting. This allowed me to achieve my goal of 63.5 Kg on 22/01/2021 and since then I am trying to keep it there. It fluctuates a bit up and down but on an average it has stayed there, so it's good. As a positive side effect of fasting I also could bring down my visceral fat from 13 down to 9 which again I am trying to maintain and allows me to stay motivated.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 today after second day of fasting.

I am 60 hours into fasting right now but i will break my fast today because then from tomorrow I intend to fast till 09/02 when Blood will be drawn for my next HbA1c as if I haven't mentioned that enough times already :D.

Part of me wonders if its cheating but then I think of 10 years that I have been robbed off and think may be it isn't. We will see.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.3 yesterday, 5.2 today at 0850.

Got back to work properly yesterday for the first time since 20 Nov, I’ve been working every day but nothing properly as I need a medical for work and that was reissued on Weds this week.

Really enjoying the outdoor running, today is a recovery day and tomorrow will be an exercise rest day as I am back in work for a 10 hour shift at 0700.

Realised that running on a treadmill doesn’t use all of your leg muscles so Thursday and Friday were emotional from a standing up and moving point of view, turns out I am stretching wrong , lesson now learned.

Have a great day everyone.

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Realised that running on a treadmill doesn’t use all of your leg muscles so Thursday and Friday were emotional from a standing up and moving point of view, turns out I am stretching wrong , lesson now learned.

Have a great day everyone.

Stretching well is important, you use different muscles when running up hill compared with flat running or downhill (slightly different downhill to flat but not as much) so if you can't adjust the treadmill to have a slope and want to have an option for those muscles at home uphill running uses the same muscles as cycling...

Reactions: Ymdawd and HeliGary