Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And I've just had my first jab! Excited is not the word! Because I was eligible to take up the vaccine via the NHS delivery for NHS staff/care home staff./social care staff (my workplace is CQC registered) I went to my nearest hospital-based centre, which happened to be opposite my diabetes clinic

What I really enjoyed observing was the way a whole variety of staff were involved and I got vaccinated by a very, very senior member of the team who sympathised hugely with my comment of "I inject myself 5/6 times a day and I've still got to shut my eyes when someone else does it!!"

So far, so good - but I did get the bus home rather than walk in the rain...

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, lovely sunshine now after pouring rain. Actually it'sjust started raining again now. We're sodden here, but at least we're not flooded. Hope the weather's not too unkind wherever you all are.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to look away when someone else injects me, am glad I'm not the only one Japes!! Would much rather be in control and inject myself.

Lol, now oddly. I have a curiosity regarding other's technique regarding jabs.. (Mentally holding up score cards whilst being done?)
Of course when I was undergoing anti-VEGF treatment I had no choice with my eyes pegged open..

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, very heavy frost here today but no snow...yet!

I'm one of the look-awayers when it comes to injections from others. @Jaylee that's my worst fear - anything to do with eyes, but the thought of an approaching needle - my toes are curling as I type! The laser treatment I had was quite different, you see nothing coming and it doesn't hurt. I dread something like that.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Ice carving festival today. And it is cold! Maybe that’ll be good for the festival, or maybe not. Just have to wait and see what the artist do with it.

My goal with this festival will be to view it from my car and only drive by it.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Apart from the predicted sore arm, along with sky-high bloods all day yesterday (which could've just as easily been put down to a day totally at home chained to the computer and online classrooms,) I seem to be the other side of vaccine number 1 in one piece. So far...

Now I've tackled the shopping trip for the week, the most energetic thing on the agenda for the rest of today is some rugby supporting... I may be some time.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Morning all!

Apart from the predicted sore arm, along with sky-high bloods all day yesterday (which could've just as easily been put down to a day totally at home chained to the computer and online classrooms,) I seem to be the other side of vaccine number 1 in one piece. So far...

Now I've tackled the shopping trip for the week, the most energetic thing on the agenda for the rest of today is some rugby supporting... I may be some time.

Interesting. My bloods have been sky high too the past few days. Had my jab on Wednesday, I wonder if that might be a factor? Am also trying LCHF - this always seems to result in high blood sugars, especially first thing.

Off out on my bike to restore objectivity.

Reactions: Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting. My bloods have been sky high too the past few days. Had my jab on Wednesday, I wonder if that might be a factor? Am also trying LCHF - this always seems to result in high blood sugars, especially first thing.

Off out on my bike to restore objectivity.

I am always happy to blame anything unusual for sky-high bloods.

Hope objectivity is restored..

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

I had my jab on thursday apart fom a bit of a sore arm everything is good,if anything im struggling to keep numbers up at the moment despite struggling with a tooth abscess x

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Very Funny @Clivethedrive . @karen8967 I hope you are over it soon! I just had a root canal because of an infection, hurt like crazy afterwards. My teeth have caught up with me this last couple of years. It's my Dad's fault, he had dentures by the time he was 18 and we all inherited bad teeth. Of course he might not have lost them quite so young but he joined the Air Force when he was 16 and I'm sure back then pulling them was the easiest solution for the military. (1930's)

My Bg levels have been stubborn about going higher and staying higher even with being on antibiotics.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Ice carving festival today. And it is cold! Maybe that’ll be good for the festival, or maybe not. Just have to wait and see what the artist do with it.

My goal with this festival will be to view it from my car and only drive by it.

Images from our local ice festival. These were some of my favorites. The fan tail topped my list!

Attachments

• 2757D589-2808-47D6-8448-68A209BD34EA.jpeg
    2757D589-2808-47D6-8448-68A209BD34EA.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 5CD718CD-B39B-466B-8180-84AA7F153FBC.jpeg
    5CD718CD-B39B-466B-8180-84AA7F153FBC.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 99
  • EC92F256-AD61-42B6-BAE1-7EAE1557B742.jpeg
    EC92F256-AD61-42B6-BAE1-7EAE1557B742.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 93E8BA88-A8FB-4D8C-828C-CDDF6B7BB039.jpeg
    93E8BA88-A8FB-4D8C-828C-CDDF6B7BB039.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 105
  • FB7FD684-AC56-4C10-B2F1-54C39E121624.jpeg
    FB7FD684-AC56-4C10-B2F1-54C39E121624.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 102

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Jollymon Beautiful pictures, how fun! I think I like the peacock the best. But the fish they really caught a motion feeling to it and the swan is really nice too.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very Funny @Clivethedrive . @karen8967 I hope you are over it soon! I just had a root canal because of an infection, hurt like crazy afterwards. My teeth have caught up with me this last couple of years. It's my Dad's fault, he had dentures by the time he was 18 and we all inherited bad teeth. Of course he might not have lost them quite so young but he joined the Air Force when he was 16 and I'm sure back then pulling them was the easiest solution for the military. (1930's)

My Bg levels have been stubborn about going higher and staying higher even with being on antibiotics.
I went to emergency dentist to get it out but despite numerous injections the actual area around the tooth would not deaden,so i came away with 2 lots of antibiotics, they have kicked in a bit now .i go back next week were i will get a root canal rather than lose the tooth.toothache has got to be the worse pain