Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I self fund. & interesingly in my part of the world where I source them, they are now in stock.
Lol, it was my wife's turn to shop. (the whole covid thing, we try to keep the numbers down.)
I normally grab a couple when the last one is on it's way out. (I use a Bluetooth bridge for a CGM set up on the L1.)
Anyway, the conversation in the car park loading went something like this. Wife mentioned she was offered the option of the L2.

.. I'm quite happy to wait a couple of weeks to give it a go. But to be fair, the set up I already have works well for me.

Reactions: oldgreymare

thewall

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello,

Checked with my GP this morning, but the libre 2 was not yet in the list to prescribe and the GP, I talked to didn't know of an arrival date. I assume the CCG (South Warwickshire) hasn't moved it to the approved list for our area. Looking at their web pages it looks like the last met (published minutes) in Sept 2020. I was hoping they might have met this January (as they did in 2020) but maybe not. So I'll keep using the libre which is great anyway. The alerts would be nice though.

PW

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
Hi
Was speaking to Abbott this morning and when I was put through one of the options referred to Libre 2 .
I asked their customer service agent if Libre 2 was now available in the UK (the Abbott rep told me at a Daphne course in April 2018 it would be here by Jan 2019! having been already available in 2018 in countries like India).
The agent told me Libre 2 has been available in UK since earlier this month and agreed to send me a free Libre 2 reader (not compatible with Libre only Libre 2 !).
She said I would need to contact my GP to have my script changed to Libre 2 .
Have yet to speak to GP but will do when I go there on Feb 5th

Goma5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Strangely, my consultant (fortunate to be seen under a centre of excellence) suggested that they were going to bypass libre 2 and go straight for the libre 3, as the Libre 2 is more Libre1s.

Optimistically i believed it, but reading here seems unlikely.

HomerSimpson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I live in Cheltenham Gloucestershire and I asked my GP as soon as I heard about the FreeStyle 2 and they switched me over straight away. I am having some issues regarding the ALARMS and my OPPO A5 phone.

Did you call your DSN first or did you call your GP straightaway?

I think I need to call my DSN first, who will then tell my GP to prescribe it to me.

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was recently put on libre (1) trail last month. At my last phone consultation, I had a moan about why I’m not on libre 2 as a new starter, plus stating how the Bluetooth notifications and improved accuracy would be so much better for me. 2 days later I get a phone call to say they are sending me a subscription for libre 2. Yay!

HomerSimpson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was recently put on libre (1) trail last month. At my last phone consultation, I had a moan about why I’m not on libre 2 as a new starter, plus stating how the Bluetooth notifications and improved accuracy would be so much better for me. 2 days later I get a phone call to say they are sending me a subscription for libre 2. Yay!

What part of the UK do you live in?

Technician87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a great deal really...I'm easy!!
My nurse text me on Thursday asking if I would like my prescription changed to a libre 2, I declined as I rarely have my phone on me at work and don't have a smart watch because it would last about 38 seconds with what I do for work!! I live in Cornwall but my hospital and team are based in Derriford hospital in Plymouth which is Devon (I live on the border) I was only diagnosed last September but tested 8 times a day for 90 days and kept it in the green band 95% of the time to get my libre. So they are being offered in Devon and Cornwall!!

Nannynet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi. I live in Cheltenham Gloucestershire and I asked my GP as soon as I heard about the FreeStyle 2 and they switched me over straight away. I am having some issues regarding the ALARMS and my OPPO A5 phone.
Hi I live in Somerset and asked doctor in a message to change my prescription from libre to libre 2, as read about it on line not told about it by diabetes team, you can get your reader from freestyle you fill form in on line then put serial number of reader you have already and they post it to you within few days, I had no problem with sorting this, all approved.

Nannynet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi I live in Somerset and asked doctor in a message to change my prescription from libre to libre 2, as read about it on line not told about it by diabetes team, you can get your reader from freestyle you fill form in on line then put serial number of reader you have already and they post it to you within few days, I had no problem with sorting this, all approved.
Here is link I used for to get reader for libre 2.
View attachment Moving from FSL to FSL2 CONSUMER - DIGITAL.pdf

cbish8

We've not had them here yet in Nottingham, so I'll try asking next time I go to clinic, which is next monday

Dicko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had it added to my prescription last week, haven’t ordered yet though. Midyorks NHS

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, can anyone comment on whether they've had issues with the Libre 2 interacting with other Bluetooth devices (like wireless headphones, or hands free Bluetooth car stereos for making/receiving calls)? Thanks!

Reactions: Colin of Kent

kerryh1

Hi all, can anyone comment on whether they've had issues with the Libre 2 interacting with other Bluetooth devices (like wireless headphones, or hands free Bluetooth car stereos for making/receiving calls)? Thanks!
hi i have had the libre 2 for a week had to change one as would not connect , put a new one on and doing same thing just keeps losing signal alarm . iphone11 . any advice out there be welcome .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using an L2 for the last 10 days.

I can't upgrade the Librelink app as my phone is incompatible..
So, Even with the patched app for XDrip it won't work.
The L2 algorithm does not work with my Miaomiao Blutooth bridge either, so my smart watch can't pick it up let alone my phone.

But I can scan it.

Untill last night. I downloaded "Diabox" & within seconds of installing have a pretty natty & reliable CGM set up on my phone.

Lol, I shall be returning to the Libre one till they are possibly no longer obtainable. The set up I invested in.. XDrip can at least be calibrated.
I realy can't justify a new phone or trying a different bridge for my smart watch.

It's a shame though, to my mind I found the L2 pretty accurate to my meter from the off...

Last edited:
Reactions: Colin of Kent

chaste

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been using an L2 for the last 10 days.

I can't upgrade the Librelink app as my phone is incompatible..

Jaylee So why did you need to update the Librelink app?
Just asking as my current one (v2.5.2) says it is compatible with Libre2 so I'm assuming it will be seamless transition when I use first libre2 sensor.

Are there any third party apps available on Android/googleplay? Anyone..??

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jaylee So why did you need to update the Librelink app?
Just asking as my current one (v2.5.2) says it is compatible with Libre2 so I'm assuming it will be seamless transition when I use first libre2 sensor.

Are there any third party apps available on Android/googleplay? Anyone..??

Hi,

I use version (looking at it on my phone.) 2.3.0. 4751, build date 2019-04-04.
I've tried the latest update to deal with all the Bluetooth stuff & I am told it's incompatible for my device?
I use quite an old Galaxy Note 4 running Android 6.0. 1.
The device has a fantastic BT range with the Miaomiao.
My pnone can see & identify the L2 using a phone system BT scan. It just can't make head nor tail of it using the current Librelink app. Unless I use NFC. There is no BT connection function.

Reactions: chaste