Type 1'stars R Us

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I am always happy to blame anything unusual for sky-high bloods.

Hope objectivity is restored..

Fortunately objectivity has been restored by a good long bike ride. Just as well as the snow outside seems to be going horizontally in the wind.

BG back into the sensible range this morning.

P62

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
@Jollymon Beautiful pictures, how fun! I think I like the peacock the best. But the fish they really caught a motion feeling to it and the swan is really nice too.

There were more. It was just too cold to make images. There was a praying mantis that was still in process that was incredible, but was overly complex. But the carvers were working on it!

Attachments

• 0506A4A5-C28C-48AA-BA2F-090D4C08C228.jpeg
    0506A4A5-C28C-48AA-BA2F-090D4C08C228.jpeg
    426.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 63946B77-E626-4B44-9400-AA3F4FACB88A.jpeg
    63946B77-E626-4B44-9400-AA3F4FACB88A.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 962940D3-EAC4-4604-9813-5E0DC2B36989.jpeg
    962940D3-EAC4-4604-9813-5E0DC2B36989.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 114
  • B30F36DB-C5B0-41EB-B2AE-FAD3ABB30102.jpeg
    B30F36DB-C5B0-41EB-B2AE-FAD3ABB30102.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 113
  • 715F9C65-F97E-4BED-9099-6C184B29C0C9.jpeg
    715F9C65-F97E-4BED-9099-6C184B29C0C9.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 111
  • B3BC1E89-04DA-4D96-896B-7741BFB7F630.jpeg
    B3BC1E89-04DA-4D96-896B-7741BFB7F630.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 69AE4E2B-7B5B-439E-8DEE-78A33F56E909.jpeg
    69AE4E2B-7B5B-439E-8DEE-78A33F56E909.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 122
  • E0098B02-0225-4E63-86D4-9197BE9E2DD7.jpeg
    E0098B02-0225-4E63-86D4-9197BE9E2DD7.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 6E990071-28E7-4B56-8F26-0680FD2402B3.jpeg
    6E990071-28E7-4B56-8F26-0680FD2402B3.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Jollymon Wow, a lot of detail work on that swan! Beautiful! It must have been really fun to see all those and the process of being done too. Thank you for sharing those!

Reactions: Jollymon

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello

I see some nice art work going on, breath taking!

How is everyone?

Long long time since I posted, but I got a replacement pump not that long ago. I’ve upgraded to level 20 and I’ve been pumping for a year - time flies! Work is the same busy place, I’ve experienced the end of life care and I must admit it’s a strange experience, I did it in a respectful way though.

Another year where I don’t hear much from my team for my diabetes. Unfortunately I feel ignored? I know rona took their attention and nhs is overwhelmed.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So nice to hear from you again, @MeiChanski :)
I'm sorry about your diabetes care not being up to par, but very well done on your work experiences, sounds like you did it well, which must have been a blessing for the one who's life had come to an end.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Hello

How is everyone?

Long long time since I posted, but I got a replacement pump not that long ago. I’ve upgraded to level 20 and I’ve been pumping for a year - time flies! Work is the same busy place, I’ve experienced the end of life care and I must admit it’s a strange experience, I did it in a respectful way though.

Another year where I don’t hear much from my team for my diabetes. Unfortunately I feel ignored? I know rona took their attention and nhs is overwhelmed.

Everything everywhere is broken right now. Actually seeing a doctor is very difficult.

I had a friend that received a new pump- from a 523 pump to a 730 pump. It was easier for me to train them than their doctor. Seeing a doctor isn’t an easy thing right now. It was only about entering programming and showing her what to look for and what to push.

I split the selector button in my mm 630 pump last month- a case crack. I didn’t even ask for help. Called mm, who is exceptional at shipping a pump, and just took care of it.

You have to remember that out best care comes from us learning- and taking care of ourselves. It’s just what we have to do.

Reactions: karen8967

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, had my first vaccine dose yesterday. Pleased to say it must be working as I have had a terrible night. By 9pm I was pretty blasé about it but by 10 I was very cold, shivering and went to bed with a hot waster bottle. Husband said I was very hot. Should have had some paracetamol, as by the middle of the night I ached all over and was actually delirious. Haven’t experienced that since I was a child. It was the Oxford one. Going to do very little today.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, had my first vaccine dose yesterday. Pleased to say it must be working as I have had a terrible night. By 9pm I was pretty blasé about it but by 10 I was very cold, shivering and went to bed with a hot waster bottle. Husband said I was very hot. Should have had some paracetamol, as by the middle of the night I ached all over and was actually delirious. Haven’t experienced that since I was a child. It was the Oxford one. Going to do very little today.
aw sorry to hear this becca59 i had the pfizer one and apart from a bit of muscle stiffness at injection site for a day or so everything was fine x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello

How is everyone?

Hey Mei,

Good to hear from you.
End of life care... What can I say, I've dealt with it twice. (3 times if you also count my dog.)
Compassion, but stay calm. Leave emotions outside, make it normal whist the person is in the "final hour."
Then whilst they are finally at peace.

Go outside & punch a wall.

So, when we met up this time last year. You only just had the pump? Lol, I had no idea..

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Another day in the weird world of online educating done and we also trundle towards half-term.

I have been studiously ignoring a survey about my GP practice. I think the fact I've had no contact with them, other than a nurse calling during Lockdown 1 to check I knew my sick day rules, and my annual review seems to have happened without any attempt to contact me - at least, my prescription items have all been renewed until 2022, means I have little to comment on. But I've had five reminder texts to do the survey and two paper versions sent.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello

How is everyone?

I worked in the care sector for over 20 years mei and dealt with end of life care regulary although very sad for all involved you do get used to it but still very sad x

Reactions: MeiChanski

Xal

I have had no contact from the GP regarding vaccines. I don’t know what to make of this- Is it that I am not in the top 4 groups or they have forgotten me. Not sure how long to wait before contacting my GP which is never a pleasant experience so I avoid it all costs!

Thanks for all the information about alternatives to sugar- I will give them a go & let you know how my baking turns out! I have coeliac disease so makes baking a wee bit more challenging so who know how I will get on .

Reactions: Marie 2

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not sure which criteria you fit in to, but Matt Hancock in the Downing St briefing tonight, told anyone 70 and over who hadn't been invited for a vaccine to contact NHS on the website, ring 119 I think it was, or their gp. There was no mention of those in the extremely clinically vulnerable group, I assume they will be told the same later this week/next week.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
They haven't even gotten to all the over 75 year olds where I am. It's kind of screwy the system they decided on here.