Rant

Lovinlife

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Please see picture attached...Im not one to complain but I would love to rant about this

Attachments

• 750BC342-5236-489C-96EC-205940B23D84.png
    750BC342-5236-489C-96EC-205940B23D84.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 293

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just so tired of it all!!! Im on the rollercoaster again Them arrows on the dexcom will be the death of me! Anyone hear of a cure yet
Good start of a rant! But go on, this is a bit of a minimalistic rant ;)

Reactions: SueJB

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hahaha!!! Well im 17.3 now should I be in the ER?? so tempting to keep bolusing but I need to control myself and get of this rollercoaster any of yee use Fiasp? Novorapid is killing me how SLOW it is
That's not a rant at all! :hilarious:
Nope, no reason to be in the ER (unless you feel sick, have a stomach ache or have high ketones), and yes, Fiasp has made my life so much easier!

On Novorapid I had to pre-bolus by 30 to 50 minutes, and I had to wait for ages until knowing if I guessed my doses right.
Fiasp hasn't solved everything, obviously, but it has definitely improved my life!

Lovinlife

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Oh noooooooo here i go again!!!!! Never mind Fiasp the carbs just gotta go

Attachments

• 26C22542-33FC-4238-A96F-9CE62D79560E.png
    26C22542-33FC-4238-A96F-9CE62D79560E.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: Antje77

Lovinlife

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have read that Fiasp tends to be amazing at first but then after a few weeks people become resistant to it so I am slow to try it have you found that? Thank God for this forum cz otherwise you cant rant as healthy people just dont get how difficult it is to control!

Reactions: Antje77

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been using Fiasp for a while now, sorry can't remember exactly when I started on it, but definitely well before Covid, and whilst it's not perfect, it works better for me than other insulins. Well worth a go in my opinion. If it doesn't work for you, you can always revert back to Novorapid. Sending hugs, diabetes can be a right madam at times!!

Lovinlife

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been using Fiasp for a while now, sorry can't remember exactly when I started on it, but definitely well before Covid, and whilst it's not perfect, it works better for me than other insulins. Well worth a go in my opinion. If it doesn't work for you, you can always revert back to Novorapid. Sending hugs, diabetes can be a right madam at times!!
Thanks you are so right! Gonna give it a try also considering Tresiba or Toujeo as currently on Levemir and I find the peaks hard to manage! Im currently breastfeeding so not sure if it is safe to use these however baby nearly 12 months so really trying to wean him off so perhaps my hormones are not helping the sugars either

Reactions: oldgreymare

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ive been on fiasp for about 2 years now and its been great i also take tresiba ,dont get me wrong i still have my off days for no apparent reason but i think this is just the norm with type1,there is no such thing as perfect control because i dont think it gets the memo sometimes ,hope your numbers settle soon x

Reactions: Lovinlife

ROE100

Yes not great.

I have also switched insulins

First change (2019)
Humalog to FiAsp - about the same in quickness (i.e. not the rule of inject and you must eat then - DN always in a panic when it is mention but I just show the tests) - I sometimes have to wait over an hour to see a downward trend (if on the slight high side before a meal (low 10's) so sometimes my planned fresh hot meal becomes a cold meal as by that point i just can't be bothered but as i have injected for the meal I still need to eat it.
Second change (2020)
Lantus to Tresbia - to be honest this seems to be working a bit better for me and feel a lot more level - but as others have said you can have an off day even though you are sure you have done everything right.

Can I ask what your correction food was? I often take below the recommended correction as if I did what is recommenred I would end up with a similar graph to you. Often only have just 10 quick acting carbs and that is it, test again and no rise have another 5 or possible 10 quick acting - I very rarely have the recommended extra 10 slower (biscuit) and no I don't then fall back to a low I often have a steady 5 to 6 until my next meal. Of course this all depends on what you were and are doing and how I am feeling - sorry feelings aren't science but when I flow the science i get completely different results to what is expected. As we all keeping saying we are all different and everyones D's is different.

From your last post it was suggesting you were started to come down

Reactions: Lovinlife

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have read that Fiasp tends to be amazing at first but then after a few weeks people become resistant to it so I am slow to try it have you found that?
Nope, I've been using it for over 3 years. However, I am quite insulin resistant and I do eat lowish carb, as I still can't dose correctly for say, a lunch of 3 sandwiches without ridiculous highs and lows.

Lovinlife

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes not great.

I have also switched insulins

First change (2019)
Humalog to FiAsp - about the same in quickness (i.e. not the rule of inject and you must eat then - DN always in a panic when it is mention but I just show the tests) - I sometimes have to wait over an hour to see a downward trend (if on the slight high side before a meal (low 10's) so sometimes my planned fresh hot meal becomes a cold meal as by that point i just can't be bothered but as i have injected for the meal I still need to eat it.
Second change (2020)
Lantus to Tresbia - to be honest this seems to be working a bit better for me and feel a lot more level - but as others have said you can have an off day even though you are sure you have done everything right.

Can I ask what your correction food was? I often take below the recommended correction as if I did what is recommenred I would end up with a similar graph to you. Often only have just 10 quick acting carbs and that is it, test again and no rise have another 5 or possible 10 quick acting - I very rarely have the recommended extra 10 slower (biscuit) and no I don't then fall back to a low I often have a steady 5 to 6 until my next meal. Of course this all depends on what you were and are doing and how I am feeling - sorry feelings aren't science but when I flow the science i get completely different results to what is expected. As we all keeping saying we are all different and everyones D's is different.

From your last post it was suggesting you were started to come down
Thanks for all that info much appreciated! I have an ongoing problem of over treating hypos so this time I said to myself Im gonna get this right so I carefully took 3 large jellybabies and waited but as the time went on I started to feel awful and the arrows kept dropping so I started on a can of pepsi usually 150ml is whats needed for me but i overdid it but look I survived I got the numbers back in range and had a much better day yesterday and so far today! I hate complaining cz so many people much worse off but when you think about everything we have to go through it is insane!! Imagine to just decide you want to graze on some food and not have to worry about anything but shoving it in your mouth plus the hypos when you are looking after a 4 year old and a 9 month old can be a bit terrifying! But thankfully i have never ended up in hospital lowest ive seen is round 1.7 and I treated it myself so could be worse!