Experience with citalopram?

CFitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello! Any type 1 diabetics have any experience taking citalopram for anxiety? Positive or negative. I started taking it today and am nervous about side effects - on sugar control or otherwise!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! Any type 1 diabetics have any experience taking citalopram for anxiety? Positive or negative. I started taking it today and am nervous about side effects - on sugar control or otherwise!

Hi there, just wanted to say hi really. I think you may struggle to find a person to answer your question so just bumping it up for you. x

Reactions: CFitzgerald

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,
My mums type 2 and took this for years. Didn't give her any issues with blood glucose levels, or any other side effects.

Reactions: CFitzgerald

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I tried theses when mum passed away and it caused terrible constipation so had to stop taking , My levels were alright though.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Accirding to NHS data, ths drug can make it mpre difficult to keep blood sugar levels steady, and the advice is to monitor regularly when starting to use it, and that some adjustment to diabetic meds may be necessary, However, there does not seem to be a direct correlation to blood sugar,

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was extremely hungry for the first 2 weeks of citalopram, other than that I didn't have any unwanted side effects.