What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 yesterday, 5.7 this morning

I now have a nutritionist/dietician who seems to know what they are talking about and has given me an updated diet plan which includes a set amount of carbs, protein, and other veg (even with the other veg having some carbs in them), for each meal and a recommendation for a snack with some carbs, some calcium, and some protein twice a day between meal times to avoid my dips and hopefully flatten my carbs more through the day. Interestingly he seemed to be fairly happy with what I'm doing and does not want me to try and cut my carbs more or try going keto but does want me to lower the amount of protein in my main meal and up it in my non main meals.

Plus I have to do a test at 3am for a few nights having gone to sleep at the normal time to check if I'm having lows at night as I have been waking up at 3am feeling cold but with a sweaty neck a few times over the last few months.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 after another very low carb day and fish for dinner.
I dread to think what it would have been if I’d been eating ‘normally’.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 on Swipey today - unloved but I'm hoping it is linked to the Pfizer vaccine on Thursday. It was higher than normal all day yesterday. Looking after myself this week. Crispy skin on salmon yesterday was a winner and sport on TV from 4.00 am:woot:. Hug for the numbers @DJC3 and amazing bloods @nutribolt

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

My FBG was 4.4 at 6AM with finger prick, 4.2 on Tomato and 4.8 on xdrip. It is my second day into fasting and am 38 hours into it as of this moment. I just did another finger prick and reading was 5.1.

I should add that I slept quite late at 2AM last night and was wondering if that will mean bad reading this morning but am glad that wasn't the case.

Have a great start of the weekend everyone.:)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
YAY!!!! My HbA1c result has come... It is 39 mmol/mol. Complete results below:

Pathology Investigations

Serum lipid levels
Serum cholesterol level 4.2 mmol/L [3.1 - 5.0]
Serum triglyceride levels 2.4 mmol/L [0.2 - 2.0]
Above high reference limit

Serum HDL cholesterol level 1.00 mmol/L [1.0 - 2.0]
Serum LDL cholesterol level 2.1 mmol/L [0.5 - 3.0]
Non HDL Cholesterol 3.2 mmol/L [< 4.0]
Total Chol/HDL Ratio 4.2 [0.0 - 5.0]

Diabetes Tests(Whole Blood)
Haemoglobin A1c level - IFCC standardised 39 mmol/mol [< 42.0]

Except triglycerides everything is normal but then we know that when body is in ketosis, these are needed to transport ketones so if they are a bit high that isn't such bad news I guess - please do feel free to correct me if I am wrong to be not worried on this front.
Well done - you deserve it - all your hard work has been worthwhile :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.2 this morning, pre-run , no work today other than drive there to let someone in , so the whole run, breakfast and shower combo was a bit rushed.

Back and shoulder not happy with me this week, physio this afternoon and hopefully a relaxing evening .

I am 51 tomorrow, and I know there is some running gear coming which I’d like to try out tomorrow morning if my back will let me .

Massive change from all recent birthdays , but that’s no bad thing.