Brown Sauce!

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, I've not posted for a long time. BG still pretty good, six or seven years after diagnosis. I've fallen off the wagon a couple of times and put on some of the weight I lost initially, but mostly doing OK and have come to visit when I needed comfort or encouragement and got it from just knowing you're all out there! So thank you for that!

Lately I've been craving a dollop of spicy brown sauce with my breakfast - are there any low carb/sugar free options around that I can use freely, or is it a question of either doing without or just putting a tiny, depressing little squirt on my plate?!

Reactions: zand

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Hi everyone, I've not posted for a long time. BG still pretty good, six or seven years after diagnosis. I've fallen off the wagon a couple of times and put on some of the weight I lost initially, but mostly doing OK and have come to visit when I needed comfort or encouragement and got it from just knowing you're all out there! So thank you for that!

Lately I've been craving a dollop of spicy brown sauce with my breakfast - are there any low carb/sugar free options around that I can use freely, or is it a question of either doing without or just putting a tiny, depressing little squirt on my plate?!

Think this will work -
https://theskinnyfoodco.com/product...MIzruvq4bn7gIVUNPtCh3U4AfWEAQYAiABEgJP-vD_BwE

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I tend to mix a teaspoonful in with a dollop of zero carb mayonnaise? You get more squirt for your money then.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Now contemplating if I should weigh a squirt of brown sauce to estimate the sugar content.

There might be a case for using the plastic sachets you get in cafes to be able to use a standard amount.

My main issue is having a bacon sandwich without the sandwich. :bigtears:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My main issue is having a bacon sandwich without the sandwich. :bigtears:
I ordered some (expensive) Seriously Low Carb bread for that very reason. It arrived today, I am almost scared to try it in case I hate it, but if I like it, it will be a game changer for me.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I ordered some (expensive) Seriously Low Carb bread for that very reason. It arrived today, I am almost scared to try it in case I hate it, but if I like it, it will be a game changer for me.

Let us know what its like please?

Which vinegar do you use?
Malt, non brewed or pickling vinegar?
Gonna try that with my low sugar sauce.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Let us know what its like please?

Which vinegar do you use?
Malt, non brewed or pickling vinegar?
Gonna try that with my low sugar sauce.
Malt vinegar.

I don't particularly like the low carb bread. It's soft, but a bit rubbery and chewy in texture. Pricey too. The taste is OK, but I can't eat a lot of it. I will stick with it though as today I managed to have only 25g of carbs. It will give me a lot more choice at mealtimes, so I am less likely to get bored and fall off the wagon again. I love the low carb brownies I bought from the same company though :)

JoeyGraf20

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The cold
What's the comparison with brown sauce and ketchup as I put it all over my scrambled eggs and don't see that it affects my Blood Sugars massively...

I have recently tried giving up the majority of carbs bread, pasta etc etc and only inject my long lasting 10pm every night 22 units keeps me steady low 5s to low 6s

Just find it alot easier to control levels rather than guessing the insulin to carb so have a treat day Sunday where I will eat potatos with a roast or toast for breakfast etc