Secure a lifted libre

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Turning over in bed last night I somehow snagged on the edge of the libre. So about 25% of the footprint came away, seems to all still be working fine. 3 day old sensor btw.
I've not yet used any securing tapes etc.
What is the best bandage/tape to use in order to secure the slightly loose sensor?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
there are a few options but most will require you waiting for a delivery from the company supplying.. i use D-Patch and Not just a patch .. for a quicker fix if you can get to a pharmacy today this has worked for me in the past

thumbnail_20210214_091701.jpg

Reactions: Zinadane

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have used micropore tape. Mostly because I have it in the cupboard.
If you are looking for a fix for your current sensor, I would just use a plaster/band aid.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i normally use a piece of plaster cut from a roll does the job for me when needed x

Reactions: Zinadane

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some patches seem to completey cover the libre, whilst others have a hole cut out to expose the libre, thoughts?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Some patches seem to completey cover the libre, whilst others have a hole cut out to expose the libre, thoughts?
Hole is unnecessary. I've used this without a hole for years:
hypafix-10cmx10m-1-stuks.7977b3.jpg

stayingalive

I asked the company a year or two back and they recommended tegaderm, I buy a load on line as I need it nearly always for the second week, or sooner if (happy days) I go swimming. They rcommend cutting a hole in the middle of it, so I do.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Opsite with a piece of lint over the Libre. Mainly because when swimming I change weekly and don’t want it sticking to the Libre. No actual hole. Not been swimming for a year though due to Covid so kept on for the full fortnight.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
You could just call the company. If they can see the problem with an error code they’ll replace the sensor.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You could just call the company. If they can see the problem with an error code they’ll replace the sensor.
What error code? According to Zinadane it's still working fine, he just doesn't want to lose it!

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
What error code? According to Zinadane it's still working fine, he just doesn't want to lose it!

In speaking with the people at Libre (Abbott Diabetes Care) they will look for an error code on the receiver. If the sensor has stopped working they’ll replace it.

So if he looses it there still isn’t a problem. They’ll replace it.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Here’s another “win” with the Libre system- the transmitter is built into the sensor. So if you loose it, a new sensor replaces all of it.

The Dexcom and MiniMed systems have a separate transmitter that attaches to the sensor. (And also needs to be charged). If the sensor falls off you also risk losing the transmitter, which would be a concern. I have been on both of those systems, and never lost a transmitter so I don’t have a clue if they’d replace the transmitter if lost. For the sensor, yes they will.

So again my feelings are if the sensor is about to fall off, let it fall off. Then call the company and they’ll replace it.