Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Fairygodmother Going backwards is irksome isn't it?? I got a new iphone as I was using up my memory fast on mine. I took it back. It has facial recognition instead of a finger print and swiping instead of a button. I could get used to the no button, you swipe instead, but I don't necessarily see the improvement. One button push and you went back to the home screen. Part of the time on the new one you swipe to get the bar to swipe or it doesn't swipe and you are swiping again and then getting the wrong screen coming up................but okay I could adjust.

But the facial recognition? You have to pick up your phone so it recognizes you, then swipe the screen and find out if it did, if it didn't wait a second for the keypad to come up. Or keep swiping the screen to try and find out it didn't and you have to swipe again. And different face masks no way..............night time, 50/50 shot at it. Who wants to pick up your phone and hold it in front of your face in the middle of the night? Someone said it's because of mask wearing now, but no it's picking it up and going through more steps to turn on your phone. If you turn face recognition off, then you are always entering your code and that would be in front of everyone all the time. Someone told me they leave theirs permanently unlocked, but I don't want to do that either. I'm used to just reaching over and touching the button and on goes my phone. Not having to pick up my phone and in essence using two hands to open it.

The next one in 6 months is suppose to add back a fingerprint scanner. Lots of complaints about it which is why they are putting something similar back. Do they even put these in normal people's hand to find out how they like it?

But wow the camera was sure nice!!!! And the longer battery and huge memory! But it just wasn't worth it for me yet. It was annoying me. 3 steps forward 2 steps back.

PS..Wait for the more accidents as people hold up their phone in front of their face to open it. They will as they aren't even suppose to be driving and using a phone and they text etc anyways...............

Sorry, a rant....but it was aggravating!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fairygodmother .

I know you have a simalar set up to me. I fitted the L2 today, & the MM2 don't seem to be picking it up NFC wise to send to the Watlaa.
My phone? Even with the patch app is not picking it up on XDrip. But the sensor does NFC scan with the Librelink app.
The phone actually sees the sensor with a device scan opening BT, however. As of yet. It won't pair..
A disapointing kickoff with the L2.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
For Valentine’s Day I went on the hunt for chocolate dipped strawberries. Was successful downtown.

It was nice to see the downtown was still decorated with ice sculptures. I know it’s been cold, so the ice would do well. But anytime something nice goes up, vandals do something ridiculous. But it was nice to see this didn’t happen, and people still coming out to see and photograph them- it’s exciting!

Reactions: Japes and karen8967

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Received my vaccine invite from my GP yesterday and booked in for next Thursday. Stocking up on paracetamol. It will be the Oxford AZ jab.

Interestingly my GP practice has jumped from finishing group 4 to starting to vaccinate group 6 (my group) apparently because it is by far their largest cohort. They are sending their group 5 patients to the local regional hub (still nearby to the practice and town centre).

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had the 1st jab of the AZ vaccine. No immediate side effects.
Me too. Had fun deciding which arm to use as I've got an active Libre on one and the next one soaking on the other. We opted for the arm I don't sleep on :hilarious: The doctor wanted to know more about Libre, was very interested. In fact everyone was incredibly nice and cheerful, and it was remarkably quick. No immediate side effects here either.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been summoned for my annual review at the GPs... the letter was waiting when I returned from a most refreshing 7 miles walk. Or rather, I shall find out when I phone whether or not it's a genuine face to face set foot on the premises or a phone call! I did have bloods done at the request of the clinic, relatively recently, but it's been nearly 2 years since anyone checked my feet.

Settling down now for my favourite Six Nations match, Scotland v. Wales. (Still floating after last week's long-awaited win at Twickenham. I threatened to show the highlights to my football-loving students who didn't want to have a mandatory move around during their online session with me in the week. They got moving fast. Funny that...)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Happy Valentine's Day!

writing-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
love-heart-hand-smiley-emoticon.gif
valentine-butterfly-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif
valentine-chocolate-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
Mr B has put some fizz in the fridge although he could simply have put it outside. Freezing
I had the Oxford AZ vaccination yesterday and the only side effect was a slight pain in my arm followed by a headache. Both went after a couple of paracetamols. Feeling fine.
We're having goose for dinner
Hope everyone's warm and happy:D:D:D:D

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Seemingly both vaccines contain sugar, which is another explanation for raised BG after receiving them: https://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/covid-19-vaccines
As a vaccine dose is 0.3ml, I would be surprised if the impact of a small part of that being sucrose is significant on our blood sugars. And definitely not over days as some people have experienced.
I think it is far more likely that the rise is due to the body’s reaction to the active ingredients or anxiety associated with the jab.
I have read some people with Type 1 experiencing lows after their jabs.

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Received my vaccine invite from my GP yesterday and booked in for next Thursday. Stocking up on paracetamol. It will be the Oxford AZ jab.

Interestingly my GP practice has jumped from finishing group 4 to starting to vaccinate group 6 (my group) apparently because it is by far their largest cohort. They are sending their group 5 patients to the local regional hub (still nearby to the practice and town centre).

Had mine yesterday, little bit hot and cold last night but nothing terrible.

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a vaccine dose is 0.3ml, I would be surprised if the impact of a small part of that being sucrose is significant on our blood sugars. And definitely not over days as some people have experienced.
I think it is far more likely that the rise is due to the body’s reaction to the active ingredients or anxiety associated with the jab.
I have read some people with Type 1 experiencing lows after their jabs.

Can't say I've noticed any real upsets with my diabetes after having the jab, little bit hot and cold last night but feel fine today.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had Oxford AZ jab yesterday, very impressed with the set up, barely felt jab. 4 hours later arm a little achy, headache and very very shivery. Paracetamol helped for 4 hours then chills returned, so went to bed with more paracetamol, and today just have a bit of a headache. Had to cut back on insulin after jab all day yesterday, as kept heading low.
The one thing that surprised me, was the leaflet they give you after the jab, where it says to discuss with the nurse before the jab, if you are on immunosuppressant medication. Bit late by the time I'd had it.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
My back is spasming in our weather changes. Heating pad, hot bath, and currently really enjoying a muscle relaxer (which has knocked all of the twitch out of it, but I’m having a hard time walking). Should just fix a drink and call the day done, but I still have to get ready for work tomorrow, so the day isn’t done.