Progress since hospitalisation!

JFWinstone

So I was awake until the early hours of the morning so I took a look at my paperwork from my stay in hospital back in July from my pancreatitis. I've actually made a lot of progress since I've been home, I've dropped 2 stone in weight, half of it eating healthy and the other half low carb. I had a few weeks of a setback in November where I put some back on and my eating was out of control but I have it back under control now and have dropped that and more since going low carb. I've halved my humulin I and my average BG readings were 14 and now are 5.4, the fasting BG is half what it was and my bedtime is 1/3. So yeah definitely made a lot of progress since being home :D

Reactions: Jo_the_boat

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I was awake until the early hours of the morning so I took a look at my paperwork from my stay in hospital back in July from my pancreatitis. I've actually made a lot of progress since I've been home, I've dropped 2 stone in weight, half of it eating healthy and the other half low carb. I had a few weeks of a setback in November where I put some back on and my eating was out of control but I have it back under control now and have dropped that and more since going low carb. I've halved my humulin I and my average BG readings were 14 and now are 5.4, the fasting BG is half what it was and my bedtime is 1/3. So yeah definitely made a lot of progress since being home :D

It's really very important to review progress and celebrate or double down, depending on the findings. Your case, it's obviously a celebration on the cards.

JFWinstone

The GP surgery nurse commented on my weight loss when I had my hormone injection this morning :) See where I'm at in another 9 weeks when it is due again :happy:

JFWinstone

Another phone appointment with a diabetes nurse and am down another stone since going low carb. I am now the lowest weight I've been as an adult, down 6 stone in total from my highest :)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another phone appointment with a diabetes nurse and am down another stone since going low carb. I am now the lowest weight I've been as an adult, down 6 stone in total from my highest :)

Wow! A brilliant achievement. x

Reactions: JFWinstone

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant news. Feels good doesn't it?
Well, maybe not the need to keep buying entire new wardrobes ;)
I hope you achieve whatever goals you set yourself