Heart attack.

Hobo1978

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Managed to have a heart attack last week. Died a couple of times. Turns out the low carb high fat wasn’t the best idea for me. On the mend now. Will know if I need a defribulator fitted into my chest in 8 weeks. What was interesting though, is that after years of my bs always being around 12 in the mornings, they put me on a drug called Dapagliflozin, and every morning since, I’ve been between 7 and 8. Also, no longer fighting to get below 10 the rest of the day either. I’m even getting 6’s which I haven’t had for years. It’s all very interesting. Great seeing my numbers becoming manageable though!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Glad you're with us and seeing improvements. You can truly say you've seen it all.

FBG's of 12 might be the smoking gun. The root cause of such a number would be ideal to remedy, as the new medication will give your kidneys a workout. Have you had extended tests, full blood panel, c-petitde, GAD. In you're place I would go straight to the experts https://www.xperthealth.org.uk.

Hobo1978

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They were taking my blood 3 times a day in hospital. I hope they didn’t miss anything. As far as I understand, this pill just makes you wee out excess sugar. The doc referred to it as a new diabetic wonder drug. I looked it up. I think it’s been out there since 2017

Glad you're with us and seeing improvements. You can truly say you've seen it all.

FBG's of 12 might be the smoking gun. The root cause of such a number would be ideal to remedy, as the new medication will give your kidneys a workout. Have you had extended tests, full blood panel, c-petitde, GAD. In you're place I would go straight to the experts https://www.xperthealth.org.uk.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They were taking my blood 3 times a day in hospital. I hope they didn’t miss anything. As far as I understand, this pill just makes you wee out excess sugar. The doc referred to it as a new diabetic wonder drug. I looked it up. I think it’s been out there since 2017
First off, I am glad you have got through, some major challenges so hope you recover well!

Well, it does have some good properties, as you said per our excess glucose and it can help with both lowering blood levels and weight loss actually

But... It does have some side effects, thrush being a very common one. Keep up your fluid intake and any sign, get the canestan or other treatmanent, there is a pill you can get too from over the shelf. When I was on it I also had back pain. It also has some other significant side effects, make sure you read up on them

Take care of yourself!