Type 1'stars R Us

bubble_clo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you are right about the talking to people. Don’t think I have come across many type 1s in person in my life to share our experiences so it’s handy to read the forum now & again you can learn a lot from it. Each person is different though. I’m still learning things to this day!

Definitely still learning myself.. 20 years later:hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone, I'm new here (obviously!).

Hope it's ok to join in, I don't really have anyone to talk to about my diabetes and I've had a look through here and it looks great :)

Blood sugars currently at 4.6 so that's good (better than the highs I usually have!!)

Hope you all have a good day!
Hi bubble_clo:and welcome

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @bubble_clo, welcome to the thread. Lots of great people here, either for chat, advice, support, whatever.

And hi @Wanderer89. Don't recall seeing you before, so welcome to you too. In over 35 years I've bumped into one T1 in the wild (recognsied as she was wearing a visible Libre) and the others I've met have been through courses like DAFNE or by taking part in research projects. I'd recommend both, as it's great on here and even better to meet other T1s in the flesh!

Xal

@Welcome bubble_clo

I am thrilled to have had my first dose of Pfizer vaccine today. I am wondering if my BG is going to go crazy for a few days as it seems to have done for some others .

Reactions: oldgreymare

Wanderer89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @bubble_clo, welcome to the thread. Lots of great people here, either for chat, advice, support, whatever.

And hi @Wanderer89. Don't recall seeing you before, so welcome to you too. In over 35 years I've bumped into one T1 in the wild (recognsied as she was wearing a visible Libre) and the others I've met have been through courses like DAFNE or by taking part in research projects. I'd recommend both, as it's great on here and even better to meet other T1s in the flesh!

Hi, yes I have recently joined after reading some useful pages on here. Lived through my 20s with a few ups & downs & hoping to get a grip of this. I don’t have a libre metre yet but reading comments on here it’s a life changer. Don’t think my fingers can take much more! Haha

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Do get a Libre if you can. It really is a game changer and saves your fingers!! You still have to test some, but it cuts it way down and you get so much more info. A movie versus a snapshot. But one of the best things is, you can tell trends. You know if you are heading down or up or staying nice and level. That alone is extremely helpful!

Last edited:
Reactions: Xal and Wanderer89

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all including @bubble_clo and @Wanderer89
I spent yesterday in bed ..............flu, flu-like or a bad cold or side effects of Oxford AZ. I don't know but between sleeping, I read. I've got 2 books on the go. One by Bill Kitson, trashy but easy to read. Volume 1 of Gogol. I'm only on the first story but it's fun. Waiting on the table, next in line Isabel Allende's Aphrodite. Anyone reading anything good?
150401183_263008171855526_9121953549622450604_n.jpg

Reactions: oldgreymare

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@SueJB Hugs for not feeling well or a like your way for the book mention, I wasn't sure which to settle on! Right now I've been going through the Kristen Painter books on my nook. One almost right after another lol, with small breaks off and on. They are a fun supernatural romance series. A variety of supernaturals that live in a town that's a safe haven for supernaturals. Each book features one particular person. I love mysteries but like some light hearted or fun books mixed in off and on. My fun favorite for an audio book is the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich.

Reactions: hh1

bubble_clo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear you're not feeling great! Hopefully that passes soon.

I like reading too, currently reading Haven't They Grown by Sophie Matthews. Wish I could read more than one book at a time though!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, @SueJB hope you feel better soon. I'm re-reading the Spenser books by Robert Parker, then I've got a couple of Nelson deMille books line up. I like to read when I go to bed to switch off, but during the day, if I'm gardening or doing boring chores I listen to audiobooks. I try to have a completely different kind of book to listen to from what I'm reading otherwise it can get confusing! Some historical and sci fi/fantasy for listening, and some crime.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB Hugs for not feeling well or a like your way for the book mention, I wasn't sure which to settle on! Right now I've been going through the Kristen Painter books on my nook. One almost right after another lol, with small breaks off and on. They are a fun supernatural romance series. A variety of supernaturals that live in a town that's a safe haven for supernaturals. Each book features one particular person. I love mysteries but like some light hearted or fun books mixed in off and on. My fun favorite for an audio book is the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich.
sounds fun @Marie2 might put Painter next to Allende

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sorry to hear you're not feeling great! Hopefully that passes soon.

I like reading too, currently reading Haven't They Grown by Sophie Matthews. Wish I could read more than one book at a time though!
@bubble_clo think that one might be about children, don't like them, they're not good for my BG or temper

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, @SueJB hope you feel better soon. I'm re-reading the Spenser books by Robert Parker, then I've got a couple of Nelson deMille books line up. I like to read when I go to bed to switch off, but during the day, if I'm gardening or doing boring chores I listen to audiobooks. I try to have a completely different kind of book to listen to from what I'm reading otherwise it can get confusing! Some historical and sci fi/fantasy for listening, and some crime.
@hh1 I like plays on the radio but have never taken to audio books, weird that but will check up on the others you're reading Thanks

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
ooo @hh1 Nelson DeMille is great isn't he!!! I almost always listen to his now on audio books.There are certain series I just like better as an audio book and after listening to one of his, that's the only way I "read" his books now. Nelson DeMille really gets into explaining events or the hows and whys like Crichton did. Although I preferred Crichton in book form. It's easier to try to understand a quantum physics explanation when reading it lol. But Crichton's Timeline I read first and then listened to it in audio books, it was a wonderful book as an audio book.

I got hooked on audio books to listen to on my commute to work. I never listen to music anymore in the car, it's always an audio book. Right now it's Jonathon Kellerman's Obsession. I save some authors for my car and others to read on my Nook.

@bubble_clo That's how you read 2 books at once lol...............one as an audio book and the other in book form! Although I have had 2 books I was reading on my Nook at once.