Shielding letters and vaccines

Amrit1712

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just been told to shield and I'm 21, t1 diabetic and bmi of 25?? I put my details into the risk calculator and came out as 36/100 so not sure why I'm having to shield now. Getting vaccinated on the 20th Feb.

Ladybird1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sigh. I have had to look very closely into this because my personal risk is exacerbated by my job (and like Jon Snow, they know nothing). The category we come into is 'high risk'. High risk consists of 2 levels of risk, 'extremely clinically vulnerable' and 'clinically vulnerable' The latter is then described as 'moderate' relative to the former, but in context that means 'moderately high risk within the high risk category'!! It does not mean moderate risk comparative to the general public. I really wish they would get their act together over this because when you have GPs that cannot understand risk, what chance has the general public or HR Depts got.
I've just looked on the NHS Web site and apparently all T1's are in the " moderate" risk group. Just wish they'd all get their act together and decide where we all stand in this
Ive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I've just looked on the NHS Web site and apparently all T1's are in the " moderate" risk group. Just wish they'd all get their act together and decide where we all stand in this
Ive

My 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter could do a better job............

Reactions: Ladybird1

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive

The category we come into is 'high risk'. High risk consists of 2 levels of risk, 'extremely clinically vulnerable' and 'clinically vulnerable' The latter is then described as 'moderate' relative to the former, but in context that means 'moderately high risk within the high risk category'!! It does not mean moderate risk comparative to the general public. I really wish they would get their act together over this because when you have GPs that cannot understand risk, what chance has the general public or HR Depts got.

Reactions: Ladybird1

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi,
I'm 49, Type 1 for 22 years.
Most recent Hba1c of 49. I have recently been diagnosed with mild asthma. My letter came via email today, had my 1st vaccination yesterday.

Ladybird1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The category we come into is 'high risk'. High risk consists of 2 levels of risk, 'extremely clinically vulnerable' and 'clinically vulnerable' The latter is then described as 'moderate' relative to the former, but in context that means 'moderately high risk within the high risk category'!! It does not mean moderate risk comparative to the general public. I really wish they would get their act together over this because when you have GPs that cannot understand risk, what chance has the general public or HR Depts got.

There's no wonder nobody knows what group to put us all in if the so called "experts" don't even know. What a shower

Reactions: t1dluke

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
Now I'm really confused. I was group 6, but this morning via email received a shielding letter from the nhs. Had a doctor's appointment anyway, so I asked the receptionist if it'd be a week or so for my jab appointment. Nope, I'm not on the GP's shielding list, so no jab. I figure this is bureaucracy slowly winding its way down.

I asked the doc why she thought I'd been bumped up, and she gave me a funny look and listed:
1) 3 or more immune system conditions
2) chronic kidney disease
3) history of high blood glucose and HbA1C
4) high iron levels (alright I don't get this one)
5) history of pneumonia and hospital admission
6) morbidly obese
7) metabolic disorders
and she stopped here and said, there's more, but tbh I would have put you in group extremely vulnerable last year if you'd asked.

Gahhhh! I should have been shielding all along, but how am I supposed to know if no one tells me.

I have really had enough of this expletive virus. And bureaucracy. And assumptions. Going to go kick a cushion now.